Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Who would you like me to provide constructive criticism to here regarding the power boost duration?

On the brakes you should really consider reading the thread because none of what you said occurred in that thread. The thread had a specific intent, which was to confirm or deny that the GT/PE brakes were different sizes. My request was outlined quite clearly.

I didn't state the brakes were 19". The model comparison specifications stated no size difference between the GT/GTPE. Additionally, confirming that specification Brembo's marketing material stated the rotors were 385mm for both models. All available information indicated GT and GTPE brakes were the same size.

They were not partially right in that regard, in any way. The GT brakes are not the same size as the GTPE. As soon as I got the information I was after there was nothing else to add to the thread....hence it's dead.

What I was after was accomplished. From here, it needs to be brought to Ford which I will do after purchase.
So you got your answer about the brakes, know they are different.

And plan on buying the car AND THEN complain to Ford?

I don’t think that plan will work.

Did Ford ever claim the brakes are identical or was it Brembo? I don’t remember seeing any identical detailed specs saying the GT and GTPE are exactly the same coming from Ford.

Do you have a link to something from Ford.com on the brakes or is it all 3rd party info? I tried to search but couldn’t come up with anything.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
So you got your answer about the brakes, know they are different.

And plan on buying the car AND THEN complain to Ford?

I don’t think that plan will work.

Did Ford ever claim the brakes are identical or was it Brembo? I don’t remember seeing any identical detailed specs saying the GT and GTPE are exactly the same coming from Ford.

Do you have a link to something from Ford.com on the brakes or is it all 3rd party info? I tried to search but couldn’t come up with anything.
Yes. A truth in advertising matter can be addressed post purchase.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/mach-e/Mustang-Mach-E-Tech-Specs.pdf

Differences between GT and GTPE were outlined such as ride height. Meanwhile, GT and GTPE brakes were noted as the same size. While the size is wrong, the take away is they were the same.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Great Mach-E GT PE Drag Strip Testing - 12 Runs! 1634740224703

Material from Brembo clarified the actual size and was consistent with Ford indicating GT and GTPE were the same size.

https://www.brembo.com/en/ComunicatiStampa/2021/Mach E GT 5-7-2021.pdf

Ford Mustang Mach-E Great Mach-E GT PE Drag Strip Testing - 12 Runs! 1634740336261

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/truth-advertising

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/mach-e/Mustang-Mach-E-Tech-Specs.pdf

Differences between GT and GTPE were outlined such as ride height. If GT and GTPE brakes were noted as the same size. While the size is wrong, the take away is they were the same.

1634740224703.png

Material from Brembo clarified the actual size and was consistent with Ford indicating GT and GTPE were the same size.

1634740336261.png
On the Ford site it states “GT with optional equipment shown.”

The Performance package is an option on the GT model.

I don’t think you’ll be able to make a case based on 3rd party incorrect information (Brembo).

The 18” and 19” brake thing refers to the minimum wheel size clearance. It doesn’t say the brake specifications past that. You say “the takeaway is they are the same.” That’s another way to say “you assume they are the same.”

Now if you can find something from Ford.com that gives the exact measurements for GT (without optional equipment) and GTPE brakes, you may have better luck with your case.

But if the evidence is from Brembo’s website, Ford will say they aren’t responsible for the misinformation from a 3rd party.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
On the Ford site it states “GT with optional equipment shown.”

The Performance package is an option on the GT model.

I don’t think you’ll be able to make a case based on 3rd party incorrect information (Brembo).

The 18” and 19” brake thing refers to the minimum wheel size clearance. It doesn’t say the brake specifications past that.

Now if you can find something from Ford.com that gives the exact measurements for GT (without optional equipment) and GTPE brakes, you may have better luck with your case.

But if the evidence is from Brembo’s website, Ford will say they aren’t responsible for the misinformation from a 3rd party.
As you should note, the differences in specifications are all outlined between the GT and GTPE where there is a difference. The header of the column is irrelevant since the information is differentiated as such.

I do my due diligence. This back and forth is unnecessary as I've already considered the counter arguments. I shared what you asked for, for your own information.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As you should note, the differences in specifications are all outlined between the GT and GTPE where there is a difference. The header of the column is irrelevant since the information is differentiated as such.
Not irrelevant, since clearly we know the brakes are different.

Just another case of us making assumptions because Ford didn’t give enough details. Sound familiar?

You’ve known from the beginning they weren’t identical, because they don’t have the same Brembo name plastered on the side. You just assumed that was the only difference.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Can we all agree on this statement?

Dear Ford;
Please increase the 5 second boost to a point where the MME PE is competitive with the MY Performance in the 1/4 mile.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag

Dear Ford;
Please increase the 5 second boost to a point where the MME PE is competitive with the MY Performance in the 1/4 mile.
"Please give us a drag function where we get full power all the way to top speed, and we'll worry about cool down time." We now just need to know what that cool down time is. Imagine doing track laps and you want that "press-to-pass" option. We need to know how often we can use it and for how long.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag

Differences between GT and GTPE were outlined such as ride height. Meanwhile, GT and GTPE brakes were noted as the same size. While the size is wrong, the take away is they were the same.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Great Mach-E GT PE Drag Strip Testing - 12 Runs! 1634740336261

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/truth-advertising
How many posts do you think you've made bitching and moaning about your brakes in a thread about a drag strip video?

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Dear Ford;
How about just give me a damn performance edition worthy of the Performance Edition moniker? Cuz this ain't it, fam. This is like buying a GT500 and Ford just badging up a GT and calling it a day.

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
How about just give me a damn performance edition worthy of the Performance Edition moniker? Cuz this ain't it, fam. This is like buying a GT500 and Ford just badging up a GT and calling it a day.
Repeat:
Watching the videos of the presentations by Ford in San Francisco at the GT launch, they were dismally boring. They talked about getting groceries, for gosh sakes.

HINT: Get some real men up there who have GT500s, Shelby's, etc. and have them speak of the performance. Not the crap "you're one with the car" stuff when we're talking Mustang GT and GT PE. American muscle is all that should have been on display. Pathetic and possibly a view into their mindset.

Sadly, they are NOT in American muscle, Mustang mode in the GT / GT PE presentation.

So we do have to ask, as you did:

Does Ford really think of this car as a Mustang? All signs point to No.

1634735579040-png.png

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag

Dear Ford;
Based on all the bold performance claims made by marketing a more accurate statement would be

Dear Ford,

I ordered a Mustang Mach-E GT and you appear to have instead incorrectly shipped me one of the Chinese market Mustang Mach-E GT First Edition models that is a premium awd with the cosmetics of a GT. I expect this oversite to be corrected promptly and for it to be replaced with my original Mach-E GT order.

The 480hp is already far below the combined output of both motors if it was properly engineered it would be capable of producing 480hp without the need to apply any timed over boost, any talk of timed over boost should in regards to taking the 480hp to the the full 562hp

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Repeat:
Watching the videos of the presentations by Ford in San Francisco at the GT launch, they were dismally boring. They talked about getting groceries, for gosh sakes.

HINT: Get some real men up there who have GT500s, Shelby's, etc. and have them speak of the performance. Not the crap "you're one with the car" stuff when we're talking Mustang GT and GT PE. American muscle is all that should have been on display. Pathetic and possibly a view into their mindset.

Sadly, they are NOT in American muscle, Mustang mode in the GT / GT PE presentation.

So we do have to ask, as you did:

Does Ford really think of this car as a Mustang? All signs point to No.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Great Mach-E GT PE Drag Strip Testing - 12 Runs! 1634735579040-
The CEO at Ford is a car guy from way back. To be fair, let's wait and hear what he says.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The CEO at Ford is a car guy from way back. To be fair, let's wait and hear what he says.
Hear what? They designed, tested, built, and shipped this vehicle. If they never advertised and sold it as a true performance BEV then there would be zero complaints. As it is, they did exactly that and pissed off a lot of enthusiasts.
Sponsored