Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Oh look who it is. It’s the guy who cried and reported my comment when I asked what Shelby American was going to offer besides wheels, stripes and so forth for the GT while charging $80K. Tragically pathetic. ??‍♂

I didn’t realize I had to be getting a GT right now to post in here, is that a rule? Or are you just a whiner?

But, we have a line on a COM PE that may be available if the buyer backs out. Happy now. If my wife can tolerate the color I’m all for it.

My next Mustang is going to be a GT350, the one made to track. Not the one to take to car shows and talk about registry numbers. ?
I've never reported anyone for anything, on any forum. Have fun with your one of thirty thousand GT350. Better get an extended warranty on that rattle trap of an engine.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I've never reported anyone for anything, on any forum. Have fun with your one of thirty thousand GT350. Better get an extended warranty on that rattle trap of an engine.
Gotcha, well, your negative response to my comment in that thread must’ve gotten both of ours deleted then. My apologies if that wasn’t your doing. ? And I will enjoy the 5.2 Voodoo because I’m not a production numbers connoisseur, I’m a driver.

And you have fun with your Chinese-made Getrag MT-82 ticking time bomb transmission. The one in my ‘12 was fine after I did the Steeda bushing but lots of them have grenaded. Pretty sure the customer’s lawsuit received class action status ??

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sounds like you guys both need Mach 1s. The Tremec 6 speed and the regular cross-plane 5.0. Should be most reliable combo of all of them. Although the 5.2 Voodoo, if you get one of the later years, like 19 or 20, is likely going to be fine. And its fabulous.

FatMach, is your GT350 supercharged? For me personally, the Shelby American cars are not particularly desirable, mostly because Shelby himself was a raging asshole later in his life. That and you are paying perhaps $5k for parts and $20k for Shelby stickers.

Last edited:

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Sounds like you guys both need Mach 1s. The Tremec 6 speed and the regular cross-plane 5.0. Should be most reliable combo of all of them. Although the 5.2 Voodoo, if you get one of the later years, like 19 or 20, is likely going to be fine. And its fabulous.
I’ve driven 3 real GT350s now and all of that FPC vibration complaining, is just way overblown. And yes, the 19-20 have the better aero, suspension tuning and less oil consumption issues. It feels like a race car for the street, only dialed back just enough for daily duty. It’s great. I owned a ‘12 Coyote and it was great too, 7500rpm limit after FRP tune and a few mods. But the Voodoo at 8000+ is just special. No interest in the Mach 1 even though it’s a great choice for others.

right @sotek2345? ?

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’ve driven 3 real GT350s now and all of that FPC vibration complaining is just way overdone, it feels like a race car for the street, only dialed back just enough for daily duty. It’s great. I owned a ‘12 Coyote and it was great too, 7500rpm limit after FRP tune and a few mods. But the Voodoo at 8000+ is just special. No interest in the Mach 1 even though it’s a great choice for others.

right @sotek2345? ?
I need the used market to settle down in 2-3 years so I can get a 2020/21 GT500 for a fair price. I love the 350 but the allure of forced induction on the 500 is too strong.

My dad called me today. The teaser stuff is coming out for the C8 Z06. Screenshot yesterday showed 8500 redline, 99mph, 3rd gear. That's gonna be a really fun toy.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I’ve driven 3 real GT350s now and all of that FPC vibration complaining, is just way overblown. And yes, the 19-20 have the better aero, suspension tuning and less oil consumption issues. It feels like a race car for the street, only dialed back just enough for daily duty. It’s great. I owned a ‘12 Coyote and it was great too, 7500rpm limit after FRP tune and a few mods. But the Voodoo at 8000+ is just special. No interest in the Mach 1 even though it’s a great choice for others.

right @sotek2345? ?
Agreed with everything. No interest in a Mach-1. I had a 2011 GT500 with an aftermarket blower (VMP) making ~600 RWHP. the GT350 is a better vehicle in almost every conceivable way and just an absolute joy to drive.

I will admit to some concerns about keeping it past the powertrain warranty though - If anything happens, voodoo prices are insane!

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag

FatMach, is your GT350 supercharged? For me personally, the Shelby American cars are not particularly desirable, mostly because Shelby himself was a raging asshole later in his life. That and you are paying perhaps $5k for parts and $20k for Shelby stickers.
Yes, it's got the Ford/Whipple 624HP supercharger on it. Funny, I know a lot of people who knew the man and not one of them characterizes him as a raging asshole. He started the Carroll Shelby Foundation to help kids that need organ transplants, and that program has helped a lot of kids over the years.

My GT350 has a hell of a lot more than $5k in parts on it. Honestly, I think it's the highest MSRP GT350 ever made at almost $110k. The widebody option at the time was about $25k, and the wheels are $1250 a pop. Add the supercharger and the exhaust and the interior and it's a fair amount of content. In the future, the cars from Shelby American will get a premium, just like they have for the past fifty years IMO. Just don't expect good panel gaps haha.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
If I weren't getting the Mach-E I'd likely be getting a Mach 1. The GT500 is a hell of an allure though. I got invited by Ford to drive the GT500 a couple years ago in Vegas and got to run them on the drag strip and road course. That dual clutch transmission was ALWAYS in the right gear on track. No need to paddle shift it. I've had 2 Boss 302's and I miss tracking them. Currently saving up for a bigger house on a bigger lot with a big shop to house my toy ambitions.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
If I weren't getting the Mach-E I'd likely be getting a Mach 1. The GT500 is a hell of an allure though. I got invited by Ford to drive the GT500 a couple years ago in Vegas and got to run them on the drag strip and road course. That dual clutch transmission was ALWAYS in the right gear on track. No need to paddle shift it. I've had 2 Boss 302's and I miss tracking them. Currently saving up for a bigger house on a bigger lot with a big shop to house my toy ambitions.
I’ll 2nd the GT500 allure, if they put a Tremec behind the Predator I’d be 50/50 on it vs GT350. As it is I’m 95/5 for the 350. Rattle trap Voodoo and all. Haha.

But, I’ll just put an LSA or Whipple on the SS sedan and put the GT350 next to
It. Then I can have my 1 of 287 Red Hot 2 ‘14 SS w/sunroof and full size spare tire to impress the production numbers connoisseurs. ?

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
One of my best friends has a 2020 GT350R. Dealer where he bought it was trying to get him to trade it for a new GT500. But as he says, enough is enough. He does open track events with it too. I need to drive it, now that I think about it.

swnerd321

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, Space White 2022 MME GTPE
Country flag

cool video!

This the second video where they say engage in the fastest, so what does unbridled do?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag

cool video!

This the second video where they say engage in the fastest, so what does unbridled do?
The suspension gets a little stiffer and the steering a little weightier, go pedal gets a slightly different mapping which doesn't really matter much when you stomp the pedal doing a 0-60 run, however it is of no surprises in that after a few runs the mach-e is toast if this is a press car it at least means Ford didn't hand out ringers :), but it also shows what owners have been seeing and that this is not a serious performance BEV and Ford needs to go back to the drawing board and rethink its marketing.

swnerd321

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, Space White 2022 MME GTPE
Country flag
ok thanks, but it sounds like for 0-60 an 1/4 mile runs engage is the way to go…

I was glad to see it beat the Porsche ?
Sponsored