Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The suspension gets a little stiffer and the steering a little weightier, go pedal gets a slightly different mapping which doesn't really matter much when you stomp the pedal doing a 0-60 run, however it is of no surprises in that after a few runs the mach-e is toast if this is a press car it at least means Ford didn't hand out ringers :), but it also shows what owners have been seeing and that this is not a serious performance BEV and Ford needs to go back to the drawing board and rethink its marketing.
They said in the video it’s a customer car they borrowed.

They also started at 100% charge. They only seemed to do 4-5 0-60 runs. Absolutely zero chance it was too hot.

If anything, the battery might have been too cold from sitting in between runs.

I’ve only had mine for a couple days, but it has zero issues doing multiple full power runs while taking friends, family and neighbors on test drives.

Plus quite a few here have tried multiple back to back 0-60 runs. No one had a 6 second number like they did in the video.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag

They also started at 100% charge. They only seemed to do 4-5 0-60 runs. Absolutely zero chance it was too hot.

I’ve only had mine for a couple days, but it has zero issues doing multiple full power runs while taking friends, family and neighbors on test drives.

Plus quite a few here have tried multiple back to back 0-60 runs. No one had a 6 second number like they did in the video.
They are in Colorado and we're wearing jackets. I am wondering if cold tires were the issue with traction control kicking in to limit power (and slip). Would have been interesting if they turned TC off for a run.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
ok thanks, but it sounds like for 0-60 an 1/4 mile runs engage is the way to go…

I was glad to see it beat the Porsche ?
I doubt it. I think they are confusing Unbridled with Unbridled Extend. Likely no performance difference between Engage and Unbridled.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Agreed, I am guessing they were turning the car off and on and didn't realize that you don't get full power immediately (as indicated by the gauge.) They didn't impress me much regardless, I wouldn't put much stock in anything they did.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag

I agree, they were doing something wrong. Mine will accelerate hard over and over at low speeds. As I said, I bet they kept turning it off and on, and not letting it return to the full-power mode.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I doubt it. I think they are confusing Unbridled with Unbridled Extend. Likely no performance difference between Engage and Unbridled.
It wouldn't be surprising if Engage is very slightly faster than unbridled due to softer suspension settings letting it hook up better.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I agree, they were doing something wrong. Mine will accelerate hard over and over at low speeds. As I said, I bet they kept turning it off and on, and not letting it return to the full-power mode.
I get full power jumping straight in when turning the vehicle on there is no delay or blocked out powers sections, I do a couple of full 0-60 blasts in a row and then it becomes a different story.

Which just sums up the whole issue with this vehicle they are not doing anything wrong at all, what they are doing it just highlighting the limitations this vehicle has as a performance vehicle and that for a lot of people it is going to be a real case of YMMV in regards to that performance..

The only thing that has been done wrong in this is Fords let be generous and call it misleading marketing, does any of this impact my enjoyment of my GTPE no as it was never purchased with performance in mind but lets not make excuses for its current engineering deficiencies in this regard.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I had one drive where the car didn't have any power until it had "warmed up" which was about 5 minutes of driving. It was before we had realized that the tiny power gauge blocks off bars though so not sure what it was saying at the time. It was pretty cold out that day (mid or upper 40s?) and the car had been sitting all day.

Have we had anyone actually do 5ish 0-60 blasts with minimal time in between? I've done 2 or 3 and didn't notice much if any slowdown but never done 5. Depending on how many you do and the time in between them I'd say it's obviously going to start pulling power at some point the only question is when.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I had one drive where the car didn't have any power until it had "warmed up" which was about 5 minutes of driving. It was before we had realized that the tiny power gauge blocks off bars though so not sure what it was saying at the time. It was pretty cold out that day (mid or upper 40s?) and the car had been sitting all day.

Have we had anyone actually do 5ish 0-60 blasts with minimal time in between? I've done 2 or 3 and didn't notice much if any slowdown but never done 5. Depending on how many you do and the time in between them I'd say it's obviously going to start pulling power at some point the only question is when.
I have done probably about 5 in a row before and had times all over the place (but some were Dragy Invalid due to slope). I didn't know about the bars at the time, so I have no actual good data for this conversation yet. :p I will certainly pay more attention to that now and will capture better data from multiple runs once I can get some time to test again (plus it's cold out now so no idea what impact that will have on the vehicle or the grip difference!). I'd like to get a few more tests before the winter tires go on next week but not sure I'll have the time to do so.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag

When I beaded the front brakes in I did 8 pulls in a row up to around 80mph then hard on the anchors to around 10mph then back on the power again, obviously with regen you need a hard stomp to get to friction brakes so for the final 4 runs it was a case of accelerate then switch to neutral stomp then back into drive. But doing all that it was pretty easy to lock out the upper section of the power bar.

Naturally that is not your every day driving case but it really does not take much to get the power bar grey zone to fill up if you use a combination of acceleration followed by rapid deceleration with regen with minimal cool down time.

I have yet to enable unbridled extend but I suspect in this mode you wont really see any reduction zones popping up in the power bar as this mode is probably represents the real un boosted max power of the GTPE which I would not be surprised to find is no different than the premium awd.

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
Thought it was oversight to hear that "engage" produced the best results, but eager to get out and test that mode now...

When I was logging early on, I did many (5-10+) back to back, short distance hotlaps. I was typically 95% or higher SOC and 1/2mi from the spot (so cold and no SOC loss). I found my times for the most part to improve with each pass well in excess of 5+ passes on average, but I was for the most part only making 0-70/85 runs and early passes batteries may have still not warmed appropriately.

With these runs, I'd barley get to the 1/8th miles before having to get on the brakes hard to loop back around (not sure how/if regen comes into play) and would repeat >1 min apart in most cases. Same test starting at ~85% or less id see the slow decline as expected.
Sponsored