2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
  1. So, just took a 1997 mile trip from Greenville SC to Lamar MO and back to pick up some Boston puppies. The wife had to travel to Florida for her mom so had to use the MachE for the trip. First off, the Ford Navigation worked pretty well for the most part and better than ABRB in my opinion. Still used both for planning but the Ford Nav for the travel piece. Started from Greenville on the 30th in heavy rain so right off the bat the range was significantly decreased. I'll state up front that I'm running on Continental DWS 06 plus tires in 245's and they already decreased my range by 10% in ideal conditions. First leg was to Sullivan MO where I spent the night before making the final leg to Lamar. Charging experience was as follows: Shell Recharge works well with app using QR code. Only had one station so not a lot of data points. The directions to the station were lacking as I expected it to be at a shell station and not a Mobil station. 150 KW so all was good. Now the Electrify America was a challenge for the most part, ended up using my EA app after my free KW was used up but plug and charge never handed off cleanly most times and required moving or reconnecting. The EA worked almost every time except when I got back to Greenville and the 2 350 stations wouldn't work for anyone or after customer service reset them multiple times. Luckily the 1 150 KW charger worked so I could recharge back to Augusta GA. The cold weather, mountains, and wind really impacted range and the most miles between charging was 120 miles. The rest were 100 or less so a lot of time at charging stations. Like I stated before, my choice of tires contributed a little bit to this but it definitely made the trip extra long. Car drove well and BlueCruise worked pretty well on all the interstates. Final note and quite frustrating, my PAAK had been working extremely well for the last 6 months or so with all 4 doors opening and car recognizing key. I'm not sure if one of the last software updates or FordPass updates has messed it up but I definitely needed to have my keyfob with me which I always did since it has been so inconsistent in reliability. The car is a pleasure to road trip in from a comfort perspective and BlueCruise was a great fatigue reducer but the charging experience was still not where it needs to be yet. Hopefully it will improve in the next few years
Sponsored