Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Impala
Occupation
retired industrial / sales
Country flag
Hello one and all,
I am new to the EV game and interested to see where it's going. I've owned several Fords in the past (Taurus, Focus and Escape) all were very good cars. I still don't know if it was the smartest move to name the new EV "Mustang" but it made it an attention getter good or bad.
I watched one video review where the presenter summed up by saying, "Is it a Mustang? No, but don't let a badge stop you from checking out a great EV."
I'm most impressed that Ford brought their EV to market at a much more competitive price than anyone else so far and aside from the giant cell phone stuck on the dash, it's one of the best looking EVs on the market. I do wish the large screen had been integrated into the dash design but I guess they had their reasons. I'm also curious why the sunroof doesn't open? (The sunroof on the Edge is amazing)
All of that aside, there is simply a ton about EVs that I simply don't know but want to learn more about. I think it would make a great daily driver. Given my current commute, I would probably only have to charge the car a couple times a week, and that sounds appealing.
So, thanks for the add and I'm looking forward to reading and learning more.
Sponsored

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Welcome fellow Virginian!
I'm also curious why the sunroof doesn't open? (The sunroof on the Edge is amazing)
I’m going to guess to save on weight. (Though at nearly 5000 pounds, I’m sure it’s going to be incremental.)

atomdeathstroke

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mache E Premium
Occupation
I make stickers
Country flag
Welcome! I too would like to see an optional sunroof, but I still like the moonroof as it's HUGE. I think for their first EV, leaving it out wasn't a bad idea. There is a lot that is great about this car, but with all the potential issues for failure and lessons to learn, I think starting simpler is a better way to go.

GT_order_#1001

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black GT MME, 2013 Pearl Chevy Volt
Occupation
Civil-Enviro Engineer
Country flag
Hello one and all,
I am new to the EV game and interested to see where it's going. I've owned several Fords in the past (Taurus, Focus and Escape) all were very good cars. I still don't know if it was the smartest move to name the new EV "Mustang" but it made it an attention getter good or bad.
I watched one video review where the presenter summed up by saying, "Is it a Mustang? No, but don't let a badge stop you from checking out a great EV."
I'm most impressed that Ford brought their EV to market at a much more competitive price than anyone else so far and aside from the giant cell phone stuck on the dash, it's one of the best looking EVs on the market. I do wish the large screen had been integrated into the dash design but I guess they had their reasons. I'm also curious why the sunroof doesn't open? (The sunroof on the Edge is amazing)
All of that aside, there is simply a ton about EVs that I simply don't know but want to learn more about. I think it would make a great daily driver. Given my current commute, I would probably only have to charge the car a couple times a week, and that sounds appealing.
So, thanks for the add and I'm looking forward to reading and learning more.
Hello from the Richmond/Southside area. I have a SB GT on order that I might receive before the end of March. I've seen several MME on the road locally and have driven two of them owned in my subdivision. Have you driven the MME yet?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Hey, and Welcome from the Roanoke/Lynchburg area!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Welcome to you from foggy Northern California! ??

OP
OP
BatTaxi58

BatTaxi58

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Impala
Occupation
Country flag
Just to clarify some of the acronyms. I assume MME= Mustang MachE
SB-GT? Not sure on that one?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
SB is Space Black I think. ?‍♂?

OP
OP
BatTaxi58

BatTaxi58

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Impala
Occupation
Country flag
Hello from the Richmond/Southside area. I have a SB GT on order that I might receive before the end of March. I've seen several MME on the road locally and have driven two of them owned in my subdivision. Have you driven the MME yet?
I have not yet had the chance to drive an EV. Seeing one in the wild and at car show is the best I've been able to do so far. I hoping someone will bring one to Cars & Coffee Richmond for an up-close peek.

Paddler

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium w/Ext. Range Battery, RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have not yet had the chance to drive an EV. Seeing one in the wild and at car show is the best I've been able to do so far. I hoping someone will bring one to Cars & Coffee Richmond for an up-close peek.
I'm in M o s e l e y, VA with a carbonized grey MME Premium RWD extended battery and will try to make it to the Richmond Cars & Coffee this Saturday, December 11. I purchased mine from Richmond Ford in April and they were great to deal with. Just got back from our first trip - all the way to Williamsburg... Cold weather, using heater and heated seats sure put a crimp in my range. It wasn't a problem, but then again it's only 75 miles to Williamsburg. The Prince George Street parking garage had a free charging station that bumped us up about 20% while we ate dinner.

Genewich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Select
Country flag
Welcome from the Waynesboro-Charlottesville metropolitan corridor (ha!). You can see me cruising back and forth in a Star White Select six days a week.

My guess on the roof is that it's all about the aero. Smoother means better range.

GT_order_#1001

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black GT MME, 2013 Pearl Chevy Volt
Occupation
Civil-Enviro Engineer
Country flag
Sorry, I forgot that you're new to the forum. You're correct about MME. SB = the color Shadow Black. GT trim vs. Select vs. Premium trim
Sponsored