Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
Hi everyone. Long-time lurker, first time poster (sorry if that's a bit cliche). Didn't want to post anything until I managed to start my own purchase process. I've been reading posts here for a while (very informative, thanks!) and have been waiting for the right time to move. In a round about way, I did so today. Worked with the dealership to place what I would call a "request" since the order window is apparently closed for 2021 models. As soon as the 2022 window opens, I should have my order placed. Anticipated arrival is currently June. Looking at the Premium 4x model, black-on-black (no, not the V8 interceptor unfortunately...).
Sponsored

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi everyone. Long-time lurker, first time poster (sorry if that's a bit cliche). Didn't want to post anything until I managed to start my own purchase process. I've been reading posts here for a while (very informative, thanks!) and have been waiting for the right time to move. In a round about way, I did so today. Worked with the dealership to place what I would call a "request" since the order window is apparently closed for 2021 models. As soon as the 2022 window opens, I should have my order placed. Anticipated arrival is currently June. Looking at the Premium 4x model, black-on-black (no, not the V8 interceptor unfortunately...).
That’s newsworthy. 2021 order window is closed and you’re expecting a 2022 in June?

Not sure what the implications are for those of us still waiting for 2021 build dates.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
2021 MY order cutoff has not occurred. Your dealer should know better.

You can go to Ford.com and place your own 2021MY order today if you want to.

Fleets get advance notice of when order cutoffs will occur, and per the latest update, Mach-E's 2021MY cutoff date has not even been announced, let alone occurred.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Greetings from South Carolina 1615689166111

OP
OP

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag

Fleets get advance notice of when order cutoffs will occur, and per the latest update, Mach-E's 2021MY cutoff date has not even been announced, let alone occurred.

I suspected this might have been the case given how early in the year it is. Only thing I could think of is that this particular dealer doesn't have any future allocations available, but that is just a guess at this point.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I suspected this might have been the case given how early in the year it is. Only thing I could think of is that this particular dealer doesn't have any future allocations available, but that is just a guess at this point.
They may think that as well, but the Mach-E is an all-new process for them. They are essentially "guaranteed" allocation for each retail customer order placed with them. If you place your order on Ford.com and they accept it on their end, that should "earn" them the allocation for that order.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Actually I’m kind of disappointed it isn’t correct. The implications would be confusing but it would be the first breach in the Ford information blackout since I placed my order.

OP
OP

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
As soon as the dealer is able to place the actual order, I'll let everyone know the details. I imagine this will happen sometime in the next two weeks or so. If it isn't the transition period they mentioned, I'd be interested to find out what the delay actually is. Inquiring minds want to know, right? =)

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As soon as the dealer is able to place the actual order, I'll let everyone know the details. I imagine this will happen sometime in the next two weeks or so. If it isn't the transition period they mentioned, I'd be interested to find out what the delay actually is. Inquiring minds want to know, right? =)
My dealer didn’t place my order. I did. No reason to wait but don’t expect much action after you place it.

OP
OP

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
So I spoke with several other dealers since my original visit and pretty much confirmed what everyone here said. The order book isn't closed on 2021 yet. At any rate, I lucked out and found a dealer nearby who had two premium models on the lot. Yeah, I took a bath on trade (never been good at negotiations), but was able to take it home the same day. So far I love it. Thanks to all those who convinced me to steer clear of the original dealer...

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Another SC Mach E owner (almost) has entered the building! Just put down my deposit on a demo Star White Premium EX4. Will be able to "bail it out" in about 5 weeks. Had to travel to NC to find one at MSRP. Very excited and now I have to get wiring done for charger, make appointment for PPF, order side stripes and grill decals....What have I gotten myself into!!! This is gonna be fun!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Greetings from South Carolina IMG_3383

OP
OP

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
No doubt you will enjoy it. A few software quirks aside, the car is quite nimble, looks cool, and can achieve great range even when driven a little *ahem* spirited.

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
Another SC Mach E owner (almost) has entered the building! Just put down my deposit on a demo Star White Premium EX4. Will be able to "bail it out" in about 5 weeks. Had to travel to NC to find one at MSRP. Very excited and now I have to get wiring done for charger, make appointment for PPF, order side stripes and grill decals....What have I gotten myself into!!! This is gonna be fun!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Greetings from South Carolina IMG_3383
This is the demo model at Tindol? Sweet! I should have mine in the next couple of days. Arrived at the NS intermodal in Atlanta yesterday and will be trucked to the dealership soon.

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
So I spoke with several other dealers since my original visit and pretty much confirmed what everyone here said. The order book isn't closed on 2021 yet. At any rate, I lucked out and found a dealer nearby who had two premium models on the lot. Yeah, I took a bath on trade (never been good at negotiations), but was able to take it home the same day. So far I love it. Thanks to all those who convinced me to steer clear of the original dealer...
welcome and congratulations!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on securing your car and welcome to the forum.

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Congratulations, and welcome to the club!
I hope that you enjoy your MME as much as I’m enjoying mine.

smp
Sponsored