joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
If you are looking for a topper for your ceramic coating, I highly recommend Xtreme Solutions Topper. I routinely use it as a drying aid and love everything about it. It leaves a great gloss, feels super slick under the towel, smells great, and is very reasonably priced. You can buy a quart for $19.99 or a gallon for $39.99. And since it has some ceramic in it, it is an effective topper for ceramic coatings.

I am running low on Topper. Just to try a new drying aid, I ordered bottles of Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax, Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax, and 3D Bead It Up. I am going to experiment with all 3 of these. It will be interesting to see if I like any of these better than Topper.

Come to think of it, Griot's Garage offers their Ceramic Speed Shine. That would probably be a great topper for their 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax. Looks like I will have to order a bottle of that too!

For those of you who originally followed this thread, I thought I would share a quick update. As I mentioned in my post from mid August, I have since tried Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax, Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax, and 3D Bead It Up. I thought I would briefly share my thoughts and recommendations after having tried them all.

First, all of these products will work well and will get the job done. There are no bad products here. IMO, each product has its own unique pros and cons:

Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax - This is a great drying aid that will give a boost of gloss and increased hydrophobic properties. It works best with the TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Sealant as the base protection but can be used as a drying aid and/or topper for any ceramic sealant.
It worked as advertised. It did increase gloss and slickness when I used it as a drying aid. But there are two negatives. First, I really did not care for the scent. It says that it has a mango scent, but I did not detect that and thought the scent was slightly "chemically". Nothing extreme or horrible, but just not pleasant. Of course, I would not choose a product solely on the scent, but it is an important part of the user experience. Second, a 26 ounce bottle costs around $13. This is not a bad price, but I do not believe you can buy it by the gallon. So to buy a gallon equivalent of this stuff, it would cost around $64. There are definitely cheaper products that do the same job but cost quite a bit less.

Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax - Another great drying aid. Like the Wet Wax, it also increases gloss and hydrophobics. Because it contains graphene, it really pumps up the gloss even more. So if maximum gloss is your thing, this is probably the best choice out of the bunch.
But there are 3 negatives: 1) If you use too much, it can be a bit streaky and a little harder to remove. 2) Like the Wet Wax, it has no scent to speak of. 3) It is the priciest product at $26 for 23 ounces. Again, there is no gallon option, so to buy a gallon equivalent it would cost $144!

3D Bead It Up - For me, this was my personal favorite out of the three tested. It worked great as a drying aid. It increased gloss and slickness. Unlike the other two, it also has a very pleasant "pineapple-ish" scent. Plus, it the most cost effective. You can buy a gallon of this stuff for $35.00. The Turtle Wax Flex Wax is over 4 times as expensive when purchased by the gallon. To me, paying 4 times as much for a product that gives maybe 5% more gloss just isn't worth it.

So if I were to recommend a drying aid for a car with a ceramic-infused sealant or ceramic coating, I would suggest buying a gallon of either 3D Bead It Up, Xtreme Solutions Topper, or Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray.

Once I finish up these products, I plan on trying Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine detail spray and possibly Meguiars M799 Pro Bead Booster.
Sponsored