joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
We welcomed home our new 2022 MME GTPE about a month ago.

I love car detailing and was looking forward to applying paint protection on the MME. My original plan was to quickly apply some Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax shortly after delivery just to have some paint protection on it and then, in the near future, remove the Griots and apply Gyeon Cancoat Evo, a "light" ceramic coating. As it turns out, I liked the Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax so much that I decided to hold off on the Cancoat Evo for the time being. The Griots was super easy to apply, gave great gloss and shine, and smelled really good. The protection won't last as long as a ceramic coating but since it was so easy to apply, I don't mind reapplying it in a few months.

I applied the Cancoat Evo on my wife's old Honda and it looked awesome. The one drawback to the Cancoat Evo is that it does have a fairly strong chemical scent. You definitely don't want to breathe it in. It made me wonder if the Griot's might be safer to use over time. I am guessing the Griot's is water based and the Cancoat must be solvent based, given its strong chemical smell.

Here are some pics of the MME with Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax on it:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax on a MME IMG_4054
Ford Mustang Mach-E Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax on a MME IMG_4058

Ford Mustang Mach-E Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax on a MME gg-betterpic

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Nice Joe! Would you put the Griotā€™s 3 in 1 in the same category as the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray that we have talked about previously or is it more like their ceramic wet wax? Or is it its own thing?

OP
OP
joebruin77

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice Joe! Would you put the Griotā€™s 3 in 1 in the same category as the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray that we have talked about previously or is it more like their ceramic wet wax? Or is it its own thing?
Thanks!

I would put the GG 3-in-1 wax in the same category as the TWHybrid Solutions Ceramic Sealant. Griots Garage also offers a ceramic speed shine detailer that would similar to the TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Detailer.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I put the 3 in 1 ceramic spray on my wife's 2017 Volt after taking a clay bar to it and it's never looked so lustrous. It still has a smooth as glass finish too even after a couple months now.

I 've ceramic pro on my MY for 15 mo now and did the same treatment to it. Wow it just pops now. I plan to put ppf on the frontal surfaces of our (grabber blue) Premium (when we get it) then use Griot's 3-1 Ceramic liquid before later applying the 3 in 1 spray.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
What kind of prep is needed? Can I just wash my car that has the Meguiars hybrid ceramic on it?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Thanks!

I would put the GG 3-in-1 wax in the same category as the TWHybrid Solutions Ceramic Sealant. Griots Garage also offers a ceramic speed shine detailer that would similar to the TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Detailer.
I find the 3-1 works quite well as a top coat to freshen up my professionally installed CeramicPro coating. For me, itā€™s a bit trickier (though not by much honestly) than Turtle Wax used for the same purpose. Both work great.

OP
OP
joebruin77

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What kind of prep is needed? Can I just wash my car that has the Meguiars hybrid ceramic on it?
The Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax will work best and last the longest if it is applied to clean, bare paint that has no other form of protection on it. So if you wanted to maximize the effectiveness and life of the 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax, you would want to remove and strip off the Meguiars Ceramic already on it. You can probably do that by using a stronger car wash soap and an IPA wipe.

That said, if you are happy with the Meguiars, you could try simply washing the car and applying the GG 3-in-1 on top of it. Just keep in mind you may not see the true performance of the GG wax since you have the Meguiars as the base layer of protection.

Or instead of the GG 3-in-1, you can use Meguiars Ceramic Detail Spray, which is what I think Meguiars would suggest as a topper for their ceramic sealant.

OP
OP
joebruin77

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I find the 3-1 works quite well as a top coat to freshen up my professionally installed CeramicPro coating. For me, itā€™s a bit trickier (though not by much honestly) than Turtle Wax used for the same purpose. Both work great.

If you are looking for a topper for your ceramic coating, I highly recommend Xtreme Solutions Topper. I routinely use it as a drying aid and love everything about it. It leaves a great gloss, feels super slick under the towel, smells great, and is very reasonably priced. You can buy a quart for $19.99 or a gallon for $39.99. And since it has some ceramic in it, it is an effective topper for ceramic coatings.

I am running low on Topper. Just to try a new drying aid, I ordered bottles of Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax, Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax, and 3D Bead It Up. I am going to experiment with all 3 of these. It will be interesting to see if I like any of these better than Topper.

Come to think of it, Griot's Garage offers their Ceramic Speed Shine. That would probably be a great topper for their 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax. Looks like I will have to order a bottle of that too!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If you are looking for a topper for your ceramic coating, I highly recommend Xtreme Solutions Topper. I routinely use it as a drying aid and love everything about it. It leaves a great gloss, feels super slick under the towel, smells great, and is very reasonably priced. You can buy a quart for $19.99 or a gallon for $39.99. And since it has some ceramic in it, it is an effective topper for ceramic coatings.

I am running low on Topper. Just to try a new drying aid, I ordered bottles of Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax, Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax, and 3D Bead It Up. I am going to experiment with all 3 of these. It will be interesting to see if I like any of these better than Topper.

Come to think of it, Griot's Garage offers their Ceramic Speed Shine. That would probably be a great topper for their 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax. Looks like I will have to order a bottle of that too!
Iā€™ll take a look for it. Given my location that usually means Amazon or direct. Thatā€™s one reason I like Griot, theyā€™ll ship anything in their catalog to me. Anyway, Iā€™m always willing to try something new. Well, almost always. Might work on our restored 2000 Jeep Wrangler as well. I used Avalon Kingā€™s Armor IX on that.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax on a MME EEA13840-0412-4FE2-BDD6-50DC2B74535E

I rather disliked Turtle Wax Hybrid Wet wax as a rinse aid. Too much spotting for me. But thereā€™s a big caveat. We have stunningly soft water here (I have to increase water hardness up to the minimum hardness of 25 ppm so the hot tubā€™s chlorine generating system will work), with a good amount of silica in in it. Plus weā€™re dealing with tropical sun. And thereā€™s always operator error. ;) Griots ceramic detailer does well for me as a rinse side as does the 3-1.

Last edited:

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Just to try a new drying aid, I ordered bottles of Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax, Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax
I have used both and like them both. Iā€™m not sure I can really tell the difference frankly. As soon as you spray these on the door you can watch the water roll off, and thatā€™s with 2 base coats of TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic spray on there. Once dry I typically then spray and buff another coat. Just have to remember to shake well every so often. Wow, a few months ago I had barely ever washed my own car and now Iā€™m talking ceramic sprays and drying aids. Iā€™ve learned a lot here!

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Griot's by-line seems to be "have fun in your garage." I do get pleasure seeing our cars sparkle with lustrous shine and feeling the silky smooth surface. šŸ˜ƒ

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Griots is what Iā€™ve been using on mine for the past year and a half. It is impressive how well it beads water and for how long. After many months and many washes I just reapplied a little to keep it looking amazing. Iā€™m a fan too. šŸ‘šŸ»

Last edited:

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Iā€™ll take a look for it. Given my location that usually means Amazon or direct. Thatā€™s one reason I like Griot, theyā€™ll ship anything in their catalog to me. Anyway, Iā€™m always willing to try something new. Well, almost always. Might work on our restored 2000 Jeep Wrangler as well. I used Avalon Kingā€™s Armor IX on that.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax on a MME EEA13840-0412-4FE2-BDD6-50DC2B74535E

I rather disliked Turtle Wax Hybrid Wet wax as a rinse aid. Too much spotting for me. But thereā€™s a big caveat. We have stunningly soft water here (I have to increase water hardness up to the minimum hardness of 25 ppm so the hot tubā€™s chlorine generating system will work), with a good amount of silica in in it. Plus weā€™re dealing with tropical sun. And thereā€™s always operator error. ;) Griots ceramic detailer does well for me as a rinse side as does the 3-1.
Griot's products are available at two of our local auto supply stores and I like to patronize local businesses when I can.