Grizzle Wall Charger / Chargepoint / Ford Home and two GFCI?

OP
OP
MrRongoose

MrRongoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR Red/Blk Onyx
Country flag
I read that a GFCI isn't completely necessary with the Mobile Charger, is that true?
Not Necessary but preferred. Particularly if the outlet is outside, and depending on your locale, would be required if so. I think the NEC 2019 has it that way
Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Have a Grizzl-E. Not thrilled, worked for a few weeks and it started failing (just an alarm, not even plugged into the car). Thought it was the Florida sun, wrapped it in a towel to keep it from getting smoking hot and it seemed to work for another few weeks then it started failing more and failing charge after 30 minutes on the car. Calibrated, no luck,. Checked my grounding and voltages drove an additional rod, same same. Ford portable charge works flawlessly in the same 14-50 outlet.

Called Grizzl-E and Emailed and am waiting for my RMA.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
Thanks but if this is correct, I will be either waiting or getting another

1621822176218.png
Checked with my dealer again yesterday and they ordered the Ford Connected Charge Station for me back in January and it's still on backorder. We're in "Early June 2021", so hopefully that means soon. I have a build week of 7/12 on my GTPE and want to have it installed before it arrives. I would order the ChargePoint, but it's been saying backordered and estimated to ship 4-5 weeks for the last several weeks on their website. I don't have much confidence if I ordered one that I'd have it anytime soon.

OP
OP
MrRongoose

MrRongoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR Red/Blk Onyx
Country flag
Went with a Grizzl-e Avalanche Edition. So far so good. I replaced my 50amp GFCI with a 60amp standard so I can upgrade to the Ford Connected later if I want.

geomarynus

First Name
Manoj George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (B1 Certifier)
Country flag
Bought the CP at Home Depot. Get a 30% rebate in CA for the charger and install costs. Very substantial charger and works great!
How much was the price after the 30% Rebate. How to get the CA Rebate at Home Depot? Does this CP work perfectly for your MME?
Sponsored