Ground Speed Location on Driver Dash Display, Center or Right?

mtbikemj

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT PE Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
I have seen this display on some reviews:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ground Speed Location on Driver Dash Display, Center or Right? 1660743331056

However mine is similar to this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ground Speed Location on Driver Dash Display, Center or Right? 1660743399730

Curious if anyone knows if this is configurable?

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Why do they call it "ground speed"? As opposed to what, air speed? Is that a Ford thing?

/off topic because the questions has been efficiently answered already

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Why do they call it "ground speed"? As opposed to what, air speed? Is that a Ford thing?

/off topic because the questions has been efficiently answered already
Mustang fans have long held in high esteem the aircraft designed and manufactured by North American Aviation (NAA) and nicknamed “Mustang” by the RAF. It’s Ford’s homage to that esteem. The irony of this is that post-war NAA was absorbed by a subsidiary of General Motors (GM) and the engines all along were manufactured by a GM subsidiary (first Allison, then Packard). The aircraft was designed as part of a contract with the Brits, without US government sanction or assistance (in 102 days! The Brits origially wanted NAA to produce Spitfires but NAA said they could make something better). The 1710 cubic inch Allison engine was chosen because the original specification was for an inline engine and it was pretty much all that was anywhere in the ballpark from the US at the time. The supercharged 1650 cubic inch Rolls-Royce Merlin engine was later licensed by Packard for fitment into the Mustang. 🤪🐩

I wonder if anyone ever took Hermann Göering up on his offer for anyone to call him a liar if an Allied fighter ever showed up over Berlin? 🤔🐩

Post-war, the Mustang was used in air racing. Probably the most insane modified P-51 was the Red Baron, which sported a seriously cut-down windshield/canopy, clipped wings, and a supercharged 2240 cubic inch Griffin engine that needed a special 5-blade contra-rotating propeller. 😈🐩
Sponsored