Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Come on GT owners! Let's get those aero covers off and measure the center bore of the wheel so we can start looking for center caps! Pick up those tools, put on some gloves if you're worried about getting your hands dirty. Let's do it!

I've got two weeks to go before I get mine. If no one manages to do it before then I'll for sure follow up but come on, some of you all have had your cars for over a month now!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
Come on GT owners! Let's get those aero covers off and measure the center bore of the wheel so we can start looking for center caps! Pick up those tools, put on some gloves if you're worried about getting your hands dirty. Let's do it!
Although I haven't removed mine yet either, I'm actually quite surprised that someone hasn't already nailed this down. I'm hoping to have mine off this weekend, however.

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
60mmx56mm center caps seem to be what is working for others with the the 18" aero wheels. Assuming Ford would have used the same size center bore.

Finding some gloss black (plain) center caps available but I'd prefer to have something matching the OEM brushed silver look w/ pony. Need someone to make a sticker to apply to the plain caps maybe?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I wish I could find the picture again. In my obsessive Googling, I came across a Star White GT that someone had removed the covers and then either painted or vinyled the silver parts of the "flower" as bronze and I thought it looked pretty good. I can't find the picture again to save my life.

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
just be careful not to damage the battery underneath when you jack up the car. I am hanging out in the weeds waiting for more of you guys to try it first.

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
The more pictures I see, the less I want to remove the cover. Actually kinda like the GT wheels now.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
come on guys, don't cheap up the wheels with cheap looking caps or stickers... Are we sure Ford doesn't have a suitable OEM part to fit? Weird that a removable part doesn't have an option.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Bought some of these to stickers to get that OEM pony look back on my aftermarket wheels. They don't look bad at all. But also, don't look great. it gets the job done so long as you don't get too close! ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193851411325

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Aero Cover removal and center cap size IMG_0077_20211008_101322