Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
No, I'm drawing conclusions on what I see, what the part numbers show, what the part numbers weights correspond to, and what we measured previously.

Now, you are welcome to contribute by...perhaps taking some quick measurements of your own calipers and compared to @EELinneman's GTPE. We could at least settle whether or not MME and GTPE calipers are the same size...
I would, but my GT PE is sneaking over the border from Mexico on a train. At least that is what I can infer from the tranche of good data that Ford provides. It took a 6-week rest waiting for chips to arrive. I'm just punching the VIN into the Ford parts website and it's telling me what fits and what doesn't.
Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
The Rotor for GT/MME only states MME. But put 2:2 together with the Calipers. The Calipers for the GT and MME are grouped together (aside from red)
1634131440108.png

vs.
1634131781723.png

The GTPE rotor specifically states performance edition.
1634131383092.png
The part numbers can be different because the PE gets the fancy Brembo Red and the Brembo logo on the caliper face. Brembo/Ford press release linked above states 385mm (15.4ā€) rotor on both. Only notes a finish difference.

So, what is the exact problem thatyou were GDā€™ing about earlier?

Edit: nvm, Iā€™ll stop ā€œbickeringā€. I was only trying to clearly understand what the problem was and why you were clearly agitated. Hope you get the result you seek.

seventwoseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Something slow
Country flag
The calipers are all the same except for finish. Iā€™m not quite sure what the issue is here. GTPEs probably have more aggressive pad material though. What is the specific problem?
No, there are definitely two different sets. The calipers look the same from the outside, but one has a modified geometry on the backside to push it out further from the hub for the larger OD rotor.

Big brake package is a 385 mm OD rotor, smaller brake package is 363 mm OD. Take this with a grain of salt but I think the large OD rotors are the GTPE only.

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
The part numbers can be different because the PE gets the fancy Brembo Red and the Brembo logo on the caliper face. Brembo/Ford press release linked above states 385mm (15.4ā€) rotor on both. Only notes a finish difference.

So, what is the exact problem thatyou were GDā€™ing about earlier?
Look guy, if you're not able to help, how about you sit back and wait for someone who actually can take some measurements confirm.

Hopefully for your sake you're right otherwise your comments in this thread are going to look really silly.

You're reiterating what we all already have seen in that the marketing material says the GT/GTPE are the same.

We know. We know. We...know.

The problem here is the marketing material says the GT and GTPE shared the same larger brakes. Some of us (myself at least) made a purchase decision factoring in that the brakes were not going to be different on the GTPE package vs the base GT (aside from a logo). If the marketing material was wrong, I feel that was inappropriate on Ford's part.

The purpose of this thread is to ask people that have their cars and are willing to actually help take those measurements settle this. Kapeesh?

Last edited:

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
No, there are definitely two different sets. The calipers look the same from the outside, but one has a modified geometry on the backside to push it out further from the hub for the larger OD rotor.

Big brake package is a 385 mm OD rotor, smaller brake package is 363 mm OD. Take this with a grain of salt but I think the large OD rotors are the GTPE only.
Ford's tech specs for the MME show that GT/GTPE get the bigger brakeset of 19" vs non-GTs with 18" front and 17" rear.

I was under the impression that the only difference between the GT and GTPE brakes was the Brembo logo on the two front calipers.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...uct/2021/mach-e/Mustang-Mach-E-Tech-Specs.pdf

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Ford's tech specs for the MME show that GT/GTPE get the bigger brakeset of 19" vs non-GTs with 18" front and 17" rear.

I was under the impression that the only difference between the GT and GTPE brakes was the Brembo logo on the two front calipers.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/mach-e/Mustang-Mach-E-Tech-Specs.pdf
Now Iā€™m understanding better whatā€™s in question here. First, Fordā€™s #s above are weird because the PE has the 385mm (15.4ā€) front rotor, and the others are all evidently 363mm (14.5ā€). Even though Brembo marketing points state 385mm for both GTs. 17-19ā€s is clearly an error.

I had not seen the other GT brake caliper/rotor thread so pardon my ignorance of prior caliper measurements you guys have taken.

seventwoseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Something slow
Country flag
I'd like to see a GT non-PE measurement to confirm what they get. I've seen one document that says 19" brakes are only GTPE, and the tech spec sheet previously posted says 19" is on GT and PE

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@DevSecOps

I appreciate the effort but as I sit here trying to assess the angle at which the camera sits compared to the tape measure along with the distance of the tape measure to the rotor/caliper in order to assess scale, I realize this is not at all how one can measure.

Would you measure this distance and share the measurement as you can assess in person?

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT and GTPE brakes are NOT the same? 1634135083691

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
@DevSecOps

I appreciate the effort but as I sit here trying to assess the angle at which the camera sits compared to the tape measure along with the distance of the tape measure to the rotor/caliper in order to assess scale, I realize this is not at all how one can measure.

Would you measure this distance and share the measurement as you can assess in person?

Now I see what youā€™re after - Caliper height and Rotor Hub O.D. to Rotor O.D. Distance.
That clears it up, sorry I canā€™t help out.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
@DevSecOps

Upper measurement is 2.5 inches. Lower right is 4.125.

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Those aero wheels might make that difficult. Hopefully someone has swapped to a new set or is willing to spend some time in the garage to pull one off.
If nothing else, my GT is at the rail yard (kansas city, 8 miles from my dealer) so I anticipate I should have it soon and will be able to measure...I can take off the wheels lickity split.
Sponsored