Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Ford's tech specs for the MME show that GT/GTPE get the bigger brakeset of 19" vs non-GTs with 18" front and 17" rear.
We've known that was wrong since the second it was released, they don't have 19" brake discs.
Sponsored

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
We've known that was wrong since the second it was released, they don't have 19" brake discs.
exactly! Would 19" discs even be possible with 19" wheels?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Sure, but it illustrates the point that GT/GTPE have a different brakeset from the non-GTs and don't appear to list a distinction between GT vs. GTPE.

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
If it helps my normal MME Premium 4x is 2 5/16". And caliper height at 3 7/8"
And now we see if the GT is the same. :-(

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Big brake package is a 385 mm OD rotor, smaller brake package is 363 mm OD. Take this with a grain of salt but I think the large OD rotors are the GTPE only.
I don't think either of those numbers are right either.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
No, it’s a stupid error on Ford’s part.
Ford have been using a funky minimum wheel size measurement on the mach-e for the brakes, all other trims have 18" listed.

However they also state that the rear discs of the GT have 4 piston calipers, when they just use the standard single piston so ford owes me some 4 piston calipers, unless someone took the single rear piston and divide into 4 just for the GT ?

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Guys...we don't need more references to marketing materials. We know the marketing says GT and GTPE brakes are different. The issue is that GT and GTPE appear to be different from each other.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Well, the spec for the GT and GT-PE front rotor is 385mm (15.16”). Since I had my eye only on the GT and GT-PE the spec for the other models completely escaped me.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Guys...we don't need more references to marketing materials. We know the marketing says GT and GTPE brakes are different. The issue is that GT and GTPE appear to be different from each other.
The brembo marketing uses the same specs for both the GT and GTPE, both vehicles have the same power while an additional 34lbs of torque that the PE has down the bottom end is nothing, so it would be rather stupid to for Ford to not give the GT the same brakes, the GTPE just gets a Brembo logo painted on them.

Of course Ford have done many a dumb thing in the past, but this upgrade is nothing more than your standard bigger disc with a possible upgrade to the caliper piston size (would need to measure them on a standard mach-e caliper) 44mm all round. This it is not a full on performance brakes upgrade.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Consider yourself checked.

https://www.brembo.com/en/company/news/brembo-brakes-featured-on-mustang-mach-e-gt

Same on both. And regular MMEs have the same Brembo front calipers, just in cast aluminum finish rather than painted/Logo’d. I’d imagine/hope the PE receives a more aggressive pad compound than the GT/Select/Premium. I suppose a quick part # check could confirm pad differences.
Yep. Only difference between First Edition and GTPE brakes is the Brembo name on the red painted Brembo Flexiera calipers.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
what makes you think that
Multiple articles from Ford and suppliers, including the one in this thread:
https://www.brembo.com/en/company/news/brembo-brakes-featured-on-mustang-mach-e-gt
"Brembo’s ground-breaking Flexira® front brake calipers will be fitted on the Mach-E GT and GT Performance Edition. Brembo also supplies Flexira® calipers for the battery powered Ford Mustang Mach-E. The new GT Performance Edition brake system will be distinguished by iconic Brembo red calipers with the Brembo logo."

You'll notice it never talks about any differences between the Mach E Flexira and the GT or GTPE Flexira except the logo.

If you can find anything that states the differences, please share.
Sponsored