Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Sigh. this is the problem with marketing material. People will disregard that we have different part numbers for different size rotors, 4 LBS difference in weight between those rotors, an undeniable VISIBLE difference in size of the rotors....but they read it...so it must be true.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT and GTPE brakes are NOT the same? 1634171327670

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT and GTPE brakes are NOT the same? 1634171316417

Look how much SMALLER the rotors are on the MME (VISIBLE HEAT SHIELD) vs GTPE. Notice how the smaller calipers are roughly within the same circumfrence with the heat shield.

Look at the LARGER calipers on the GTPE that is LARGER than the circumference of the heat shield which is entirely hidden behind the LARGER rotor of the GTPE.

Stop regurgitating what has been read. It's WRONG.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Multiple articles from Ford and suppliers, including the one in this thread:
https://www.brembo.com/en/company/news/brembo-brakes-featured-on-mustang-mach-e-gt
"Brembo’s ground-breaking Flexira® front brake calipers will be fitted on the Mach-E GT and GT Performance Edition. Brembo also supplies Flexira® calipers for the battery powered Ford Mustang Mach-E. The new GT Performance Edition brake system will be distinguished by iconic Brembo red calipers with the Brembo logo."

You'll notice it never talks about any differences between the Mach E Flexira and the GT or GTPE Flexira except the logo.

If you can find anything that states the differences, please share.
It was even in the original announcement:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...nical-specs-info-wallpapers-photos-videos.75/
"In addition to blistering acceleration, Mustang Mach-E will be available with Brembo’s all-new performance Flexira aluminum calipers, which maintain the functionality of a fixed caliper while being designed with the dimensions of a floating caliper. The GT Performance Edition is equipped with a MagneRide® damping system, adaptive suspension technology that lets drivers hug the road while delivering an exciting, comfortable ride."

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...nical-specs-info-wallpapers-photos-videos.75/
"In addition to blistering acceleration, Mustang Mach-E will be available with Brembo’s all-new performance Flexira aluminum calipers, which maintain the functionality of a fixed caliper while being designed with the dimensions of a floating caliper. The GT Performance Edition is equipped with a MagneRide® damping system, adaptive suspension technology that lets drivers hug the road while delivering an exciting, comfortable ride."
faceplam.

Stating both have Aluminum Flexira calipers doesn't speak to their size differences or ultimate stopping power.

They are the same technology with different sizes. THAT'S IN THEIR TECH SPECS. LOOK AT THE BRAKES SECTION

I'm out of this thread until I can get measurements, ya'll are bothering me.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
faceplam.

Stating both have Aluminum Flexira calipers doesn't speak to their size differences or ultimate stopping power.

They are the same technology with different sizes. THAT'S IN THEIR TECH SPECS. LOOK AT THE BRAKES SECTION

Ok, I’m back ?. I saw what you were getting at earlier as far as marketing info being incorrect and trying to determine true caliper and rotor sizes etc. However, you hit me with enough salt to clear the Brooklyn Bridge, took a bit to wash it off. All clean now ??

Anyway, I think the difference in an emergency stop from 60 or 70 to 0 between similar 4-piston Brembos will be negligible using either the 14.5” or 15.4” rotors. From 100-0 the larger rotors may gain the advantage. However, the 15.4s on the PE are obviously going to have better heat dissipation performance on track due to the extra surface area. Additionally, I hope/bet the PE gets a more aggressive compound to stand up to repeated abuse on track.

And just to throw some salt of my own, the heat shield you keep referring to is a dust shield ?

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ok, I’m back ?. I saw what you were getting at earlier as far as marketing info being incorrect and trying to determine true caliper and rotor sizes etc. However, you hit me with enough salt to clear the Brooklyn Bridge, took a bit to wash it off. All clean now ??

Anyway, I think the difference in an emergency stop from 60 or 70 to 0 between similar 4-piston Brembos will be negligible using either the 14.5” or 15.4” rotors. From 100-0 the larger rotors may gain the advantage. However, the 15.4s on the PE are obviously going to have better heat dissipation performance on track due to the extra surface area. Additionally, I hope/bet the PE gets a more aggressive compound to stand up to repeated abuse on track.
I tend to get a bit salty, sorry lol. I'm a software developer/engineer/architect. Specs or what someone wrote up doesn't mean jack. I wanna look at the code and see what the truth is (or in this case the measurements)

I'm absolutely sure you're right about the actual use case for the differences in size. The larger GTPE brakes will have no real impact anywhere but the track.

It's more the principle that I thought, based on what material was available, that I was getting X and instead I'm getting Y. I don't like that.

And just to throw some salt of my own, the heat shield you keep referring to is a dust shield ?
son of a...

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
faceplam.

Lol don’t leave yet, it’s actually quite fun reading.

Summary-

You want someone to measure the GT (non PE) brakes.

What you’ve gotten so far:
10 press releases and marketing materials.
10 people thinking “Flexira” means they’re all the same.
1 person measuring GTPE brakes
1 person measuring non-GT brakes

I feel like your blood pressure just went up 10 points as well.

?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Sigh. this is the problem with marketing material. People will disregard that we have different part numbers for different size rotors, 4 LBS difference in weight between those rotors, an undeniable VISIBLE difference in size of the rotors....but they read it...so it must be true.

1634171327670.png

1634171316417.png

Look how much SMALLER the rotors are on the MME (VISIBLE HEAT SHIELD) vs GTPE. Notice how the smaller calipers are roughly within the same circumfrence with the heat shield.

Look at the LARGER calipers on the GTPE that is LARGER than the circumference of the heat shield which is entirely hidden behind the LARGER rotor of the GTPE.

Stop regurgitating what has been read. It's WRONG.
Where has anybody stated the GT / GTPE use the same sized rotors as the other trims they don't the marketing materials tells you that you have a larger rotor on both the GT & GTPE did you bother to look at it or just walk on by still salty ;)

From Brembo

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT and GTPE brakes are NOT the same? 1634175769056

From Ford (GT)

Mustang Mach-E GT features 20-inch machined-face aluminum wheels with high-gloss black-painted pockets and aero covers with 245/45R20 Continental all-season tires. Mach-E GT also gets red-painted performance brake calipers, plus 385-millimeter ventilated front rotors and 316-millimeter solid rear rotors.

From Ford (GTPE)

Offering more than just added “oomph,” Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition features sportier components including 385-millimeter front rotors with red-painted Brembo®-branded calipers,

Now are the calipers identical on all trims well potentially yes however the Felixra come with multiple piston sizes options which once again looking at the specs on the GT / GTPE it comes with 44mm x 4, now if someone measures the standard calipers you may find that it has a mixed pair of piston sizes with one larger / one smaller.

Your GT will be getting the same size discs as GTPE and if marketing is to be believed the exact same caliper minus a brembo logo,

And if you don't well non GTPE owners can all bask in your more expensive front anti roll bar ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT and GTPE brakes are NOT the same? 1634176637592

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Where has anybody stated the GT / GTPE use the same sized rotors as the other trims they don't the marketing materials tells you that you have a larger rotor on both the GT & GTPE did you bother to look at it or just walk on by still salty ;)
Quote 1: And regular MMEs have the same Brembo front calipers, just in cast aluminum finish rather than painted/Logo’d. I’d imagine/hope the PE receives a more aggressive pad compound than the GT/Select/Premium.
<you cannot have the same calipers with different sized rotors so this could only imply the rotors are the same across all MME/GT/GTPE.>

Quote 2: Only difference between First Edition and GTPE brakes is the Brembo name on the red painted Brembo Flexiera calipers.

From Brembo

1634175769056.png

From Ford (GT)

Mustang Mach-E GT features 20-inch machined-face aluminum wheels with high-gloss black-painted pockets and aero covers with 245/45R20 Continental all-season tires. Mach-E GT also gets red-painted performance brake calipers, plus 385-millimeter ventilated front rotors and 316-millimeter solid rear rotors.

From Ford (GTPE)

Offering more than just added “oomph,” Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition features sportier components including 385-millimeter front rotors with red-painted Brembo®-branded calipers,

Now are the calipers identical on all trims well potentially yes however the Felixra come with multiple piston sizes options which once again looking at the specs on the GT / GTPE it comes with 44mm x 4, now if someone measures the standard calipers you may find that it has a mixed pair of piston sizes with one larger / one smaller.
OMG...YES YES YES we've all read the marketing material. We KNOW it says MME are different from GT and GTPE. (or at least most of us, excluding quotes above)

YES we KNOW it says GT and GTPE are the same.

But the dust shield visibility on the GT matching the MME and NOT the GTPE suggests, very very very damn strongly that is NOT the case.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT and GTPE brakes are NOT the same? 1634179686862
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT and GTPE brakes are NOT the same? 1634179708315

How you can look at the dust shield and the caliper's relation (end of caliper matches dust shield circumference) in both the GT and MME vs. the GTPE's obvious lack of it and the relatively easy to spot increase in size in discs.....it just beyond me.

buuuuuut again, that's why I asked for measurements...because while I don't doubt my eyes, I know others will.

Your GT will be getting the same size discs as GTPE and if marketing is to be believed the exact same caliper minus a brembo logo,

And if you don't well non GTPE owners can all bask in your more expensive front anti roll bar ;)

1634176637592.png
Now see, you say that without giving measurements and make claims I didn't read my own thread (which I clearly did and in fact you didn't) and you've completed ignored the fact that Ford's Part numbers show you exactly what you're seeing here (that the larger rotor part number specifically says Performance edition. It would have no need to if the GT and PE were the same).

edit: Shit..didn't I say I was out of this thread? damnit man.

Last edited:

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
nothing you’ve posted supports what you’re saying and even if it did it’s all marketing material and we’ve seen Ford marketing get tech specs wrong nearly constantly.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You may be right. Sorry, I hadn’t read to that level of detail when the latest Tech Specs came out (the ones with GT and GTPE details).

If the specs are right (no guarantee of that) it means the FE and GT brakes are identical down to the red paint and GTPE has larger Flexira calipers.

Ok, thanks

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If I read the technical documents correctly. It appears the Select, CR1 and Premiums (including FE) have 18" rotors front and 17" rear.

GT and GTPE show as having 19" rotors front and rear.

Are owners observing something different? I looked at the photos posted earlier but I don't know which wheels are GT and which are PE so it doesn't help me much. I am not sure we should assume the PE has the same size dust shield as the GT.

A question for the OP.....
Do you own a GT? If so, are the front and rear rotors the same size? (19" front and rear) or does the rear appear smaller than the front?

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Lol don’t leave yet, it’s actually quite fun reading.

Summary-

You want someone to measure the GT (non PE) brakes.

What you’ve gotten so far:
10 press releases and marketing materials.
10 people thinking “Flexira” means they’re all the same.
1 person measuring GTPE brakes
1 person measuring non-GT brakes

I feel like your blood pressure just went up 10 points as well.

?
I grabbed my popcorn for this one

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
If I read the technical documents correctly. It appears the Select, CR1 and Premiums (including FE) have 18" rotors front and 17" rear.

GT and GTPE show as having 19" rotors front and rear.

Are owners observing something different? I looked at the photos posted earlier but I don't know which wheels are GT and which are PE so it doesn't help me much. I am not sure we should assume the PE has the same size dust shield as the GT.

A question for the OP.....
Do you own a GT? If so, are the front and rear rotors the same size? (19" front and rear) or does the rear appear smaller than the front?
The issue is the marketing clearly states that the GT & GTPE have the same size rotors, the current parts guide has the GT using the same rotors as the regular mach-e, as there is only 1 dust shield which is made to accommodate both, the GTPE rotors have a few mm to spare where the normal rotors have a more obvious gap, the photo posted of the GT has that same gap which matches parts but goes against the marketing.

Hence the op wanting clarification and quite rightly expecting to get what has been marketed not a switch a roo, as false advertising tends not to get looked on kindly legally so Ford need to offer an explanation.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
You must really be annoyed if now you’re getting a Tesla
Best "I see what you did there" comment award goes to GeneralTso

I grabbed my popcorn for this one
Movie theater butter flavor?

They really need an eye roll emoji in the "like" list for all the people who just haven't taken the time to read and keep repeating the same thing over and over.
Sponsored

Last edited: