Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Here's my GTPE. No amount of parallax is gonna cause this much difference IMO.

1634217339060.png

1634217364392.png
Welp, measurements not necessary at this point. That is...100% not the same size rotor or caliper.

Thank you for these pictures. I can only assume the plan was to have the larger brakes on the GT as well, but there was probably a decision made based on supply chain.

Darren mentioned how unprepared they were for the GT orders. They probably didn't have enough to go around. Or just a cost savings decision. Either way...at the time of placing my order all the material from Ford and Brembo all stated the GT/GTPE brakes were the same. Sounds like a truth in advertising issue that needs to be addressed.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
"how did that dog get a driver's license?" ?
I guess it helps that the first word i learned to spell was V E T E R I N E R I A N. Scary word.

I’m sure it doesn’t help that my first word was “whuf.” ?

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Welp, measurements not necessary at this point. That is...100% not the same size rotor or caliper.

Thank you for these pictures. I can only assume the plan was to have the larger brakes on the GT as well, but there was probably a decision made based on supply chain.

Darren mentioned how unprepared they were for the GT orders. They probably didn't have enough to go around. Or just a cost savings decision. Either way...at the time of placing my order all the material from Ford and Brembo all stated the GT/GTPE brakes were the same. Sounds like a truth in advertising issue that needs to be addressed.
Agreed. The GT disc/caliper/shield look exactly like the pics posted previously of the regular MME.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

Well, there was this one time where a bunch of 1999 Mustang SVT Cobra owners got together over a missing 20Hp that was on the spec sheet but not on the chassis dynos and 1/4 mile traps speeds ?

Ford and SVT took decent care of them.

You’re right to be miffed, I would be too. Even if the GT brake differences don’t mean much in daily driving, buyers of GT level models are often enthusiasts wanting the most hp, biggest brakes, wheels, tires etc. And Ford knows this, it’s why press releases touted the big rotors etc.

They need to issue corrections whether it’s related to the supply chain woes or just an accounting decision to save a few bucks per car.

And if I were a regular GT buyer I’d be asking for either EA charging credits or a similar monetary remittance. Or a set of PE rotors/calipers/brackets and software flash if they’ll bolt right up.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
And if I were a regular GT buyer I’d be asking for either EA charging credits or a similar monetary remittance. Or a set of PE rotors/calipers/brackets and software flash if they’ll bolt right up.
that would require communication from Ford, so I wouldn't count on it. ?

kidding aside this feels like a reasonable solution to an apparent issue. The latter "feels" better than the former, since not everyone wants or needs charging credits, and they are limited by definition... and it could be argued that if someone cares about this issue, it impacts GT resale value. The latter solution solves that while the former does not.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
There's no 19" rotor or 18" rotors on any Mach e and the GT does not have the same rotors front and rear.

Jesus Christ everyone stop referring to that stupid marketing material like it means ANYTHING it's all completely wrong and we've known it since day one.
Oh yeah. Didn't register in my head the first time. There is no way that spec sheet can possibly be accurate. Those rotor sizes are totally inappropriate for the wheel size. Well, perhaps the caliper type is accurate, 4 piston front and single piston rear?. That might be wrong too.

This reminds me of a thread on the truck forum where people found out there were 4 different types of tow mirrors. Some were fixed with no extension or folding ability. Some folded towards the rear only. Some folded both ways. And the real kicker, some extended more than others. That last part really caused a stir because guys don't like it when another guy has something that extends further or is bigger than what he has.

I guess if the brakes ever wear out on these cars then we are going to have a mess on our hands.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This has now become the 1/4 mile track results post of brake threads, only 70+ pages of comments to go ?

That said, Ford/Brembo Marketing/Comms have some real problems with their press releases and spec. sheets.

1. Falsely/mistakenly stating GTPE and GT rotors/calipers are the same.

2. Printing info. about 17”-19” rotor sizes is just preposterous. There are few road cars in the world that utilize rotors larger than 16”+ and all are behemoths or exotics, or exotic behemoths. 18 and 19” rotors are practically unheard of. Plus, it’s even worse when they’re printing that for cars with 18-20” wheels. There would be no clearance for calipers. We’d need 21-23” wheels.
I kept reading about these huge rotor sizes and couldn't understand how they can print these errors.

My GT500 has 16.5" front rotors while my Premium Mach-E are 14.5" front rotors. Both cars have Signature 20" wheels and you can see there is quite the difference.

NZ7_5445D1900E1.jpg

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I kept reading about these huge rotor sizes and couldn't understand how they can print these errors.

My GT500 has 16.5" front rotors while my Premium Mach-E are 14.5" front rotors. Both cars have Signature 20" wheels and you can see there is quite the difference.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT and GTPE brakes are NOT the same? NZ7_5445D1900E1
That is a cool photo. I've always wondered why some models have the calipers on the rear and some on the forward edge....some at 2 o'clock, some at 10 o'clock etc.
The rear calipers on many of our F series vehicles are staggered. One on front, one on rear. I assumed that was to help with axle wrap. ???

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT and GTPE brakes are NOT the same? Screenshot_20211013-205743

Screen grab from Redline Reviews. The GT front brakes definitely appear smaller than GTPE.

daniel9478

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I had a friend at a dealer look at the HVBoM (bill of material) for a GT and a GTPE.

Front rotors:
- GTPE: LK9Z1125A
- GT: LJ9Z1125B

The front calipers are obviously also different. Rear rotors and calipers were the same between the GTPE and GT.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I had a friend at a dealer look at the HVBoM (bill of material) for a GT and a GTPE.

Front rotors:
- GTPE: LK9Z1125A
- GT: LJ9Z1125B

The front calipers are obviously also different. Rear rotors and calipers were the same between the GTPE and GT.
More info to add if anyone is keeping track. My First Edition (which is just a Premium EX AWD with some lipstick) has 14 1/8 Dia rotors up front and 12 1/2" rotors rear. Here are the caliper stickers for the fronts.

20211017_141853.jpg

20211017_133333.jpg

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
More info to add if anyone is keeping track. My First Edition (which is just a Premium EX AWD with some lipstick) has 14 1/8 Dia rotors up front and 12 1/2" rotors rear. Here are the caliper stickers for the fronts.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT and GTPE brakes are NOT the same? 20211017_133333

If it wasn't already clear, here's the GT Caliper
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT and GTPE brakes are NOT the same? 1634928288641

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
need this in a spreadsheet =