Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW Golf R; 2021 ER AWD Rapid Red
Occupation
Innovation Guru
Country flag
I’m in the exact same situation. Today was my “delivery day” but no updates since first week of October. Even my dealership thought it was done and on its way at the time.

It feels like there was definitely a batch of cars ”built” in early October that got caught by this. It sucks this that it’s happening but good to know there are others in the same boat so I don’t spend too much time imagining up conspiracy theories due the total lack of information.
Plenty of others in the same boat including myself. It feels like ours hit the "sweet spot" where they got to production, ran out of chips and got moved to the side.
Sponsored

norwin37

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I’m in the exact same situation. Today was my “delivery day” but no updates since first week of October. Even my dealership thought it was done and on its way at the time.

It feels like there was definitely a batch of cars ”built” in early October that got caught by this. It sucks this that it’s happening but good to know there are others in the same boat so I don’t spend too much time imagining up conspiracy theories due the total lack of information.
The lack of information is absolutely killing me. I'd feel so much better waiting for much longer if I just had some updates.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Plenty of others in the same boat including myself. It feels like ours hit the "sweet spot" where they got to production, ran out of chips and got moved to the side.
The lack of information is absolutely killing me. I'd feel so much better waiting for much longer if I just had some updates.
Have y'all been calling Ford Marketing at all? I've been trying to limit myself to once a week so I don't annoy them but enough to stay on top of it so that someone at Ford has to occasionally ping my car and remind Ford that our cars are just sitting there.

Iknownothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer ST
Country flag
Have y'all been calling Ford Marketing at all? I've been trying to limit myself to once a week so I don't annoy them but enough to stay on top of it so that someone at Ford has to occasionally ping my car and remind Ford that our cars are just sitting there.
Ive definitely been hands off about this; trying to have the mindset that I’d be far less anxious if I wasn’t letting myself check in on this forum daily and using tools that really weren’t designed for providing detailed status updates.

However, now that I’ve reached the delivery date that was communicated to me I’m trying decide my next phase of engagement. Do you think the Ford Marketing team is doing anything proactive for you/us? Or are they essentially a glorified Support team who has little ability to influence operations/logistics? As somebody who has spent a career in Support, I’m not super into bothering folks who can’t actually solve the problems their business partners (and a global supply chain disaster) create.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ive definitely been hands off about this; trying to have the mindset that I’d be far less anxious if I wasn’t letting myself check in on this forum daily and using tools that really weren’t designed for providing detailed status updates.

However, now that I’ve reached the delivery date that was communicated to me I’m trying decide my next phase of engagement. Do you think the Ford Marketing team is doing anything proactive for you/us? Or are they essentially a glorified Support team who has little ability to influence operations/logistics? As somebody who has spent a career in Support, I’m not super into bothering folks who can’t actually solve the problems their business partners (and a global supply chain disaster) create.
Probably just glorified customer support/reading the same info I have. But I like to have a small degree of hope that having someone occasionally look up my car's info makes sure that I don't get a "whoops we forgot/lost your car offsite".

I'm always more than polite to the people on the phone and always give them 5 star ratings at the end of the call (there's always been a short phone survey after each call). Definitely no reason to blame these people.

Just want Ford to know I'm a concerned customer and not someone who ordered this car and forgot about it because I ended up buying a different car after putting down a deposit on the MME.

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Test drove it. Working on paperwork. ??

BB9FE8B2-3D93-4FD7-AD01-A8691F257F11.jpeg

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
There isn't a 9/27 build gang thread, so I will post here.

Premium, AWD, standard range battery, space white. Ordered 6/25, built, 10/2.

But it is still on chip hold since then. Very frustrating to see many of the same build ordered after that get delivered already, but oh well.

Edit: Forgot to say it has the tech package, maybe that is the chip it is waiting for?
Bummer on the hold-up. Mine was supposed to be a 9/20 build week, postponed to 9/27, then postponed to 10/4. Maybe the 10/4 postponement was a good thing for me.

I hope your car gets finished and shipped soon. ?

Iknownothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer ST
Country flag
Probably just glorified customer support/reading the same info I have. But I like to have a small degree of hope that having someone occasionally look up my car's info makes sure that I don't get a "whoops we forgot/lost your car offsite".

I'm always more than polite to the people on the phone and always give them 5 star ratings at the end of the call (there's always been a short phone survey after each call). Definitely no reason to blame these people.

Just want Ford to know I'm a concerned customer and not someone who ordered this car and forgot about it because I ended up buying a different car after putting down a deposit on the MME.
Ill give them a call in addition to my dealership. If nothing else they are likely tracking call reason so flagging that they can reduce calls by more transparent tracking and regular status updates doesn’t hurt.

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ill give them a call in addition to my dealership. If nothing else they are likely tracking call reason so flagging that they can reduce calls by more transparent tracking and regular status updates doesn’t hurt.
That's also a good point. I've also had days where the online tracker just flat out stops working and when I told them that, the Ford rep made a note of it for their IT people to look into. So, whether or not something eventually gets done, it does seem like at least the phone rep is marking it down.

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So excited for you and love the pics. Be sure to swing by randomly with your dog jokes to help the rest of us from going crazy. Seems like we’re in for a long wait.
I sniffed its butt. It was amazing! ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I guess I should note that they told me that mine was their first GT Performance Edition. They sold a few GT (non-PE) models. The sales guy told me they even had a GT on the lot for over a week before it sold.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Bummer on the hold-up. Mine was supposed to be a 9/20 build week, postponed to 9/27, then postponed to 10/4. Maybe the 10/4 postponement was a good thing for me.

I hope your car gets finished and shipped soon. ?
Between the time it shipped from Mexico and arrived at the dealership, how long would you say it took?
Sponsored