Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Between the time it shipped from Mexico and arrived at the dealership, how long would you say it took?
Shipped from Mexico on 10/14, arrived at dealer 11/16. Car sat at the final rail depot for over a week before it was loaded onto a transporter. ??
Sponsored

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Shipped from Mexico on 10/14, arrived at dealer 11/16. Car sat at the final rail depot for over a week before it was loaded onto a transporter. ??
Ok, I am hoping my dealership lets me pick it up from the Houston railyard so I do not have to wait that week. If it does not get off chip hold and ship this week I will have a hard time getting it before the end of the year. Thank you for your help.

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Ok, I am hoping my dealership lets me pick it up from the Houston railyard so I do not have to wait that week. If it does not get off chip hold and ship this week I will have a hard time getting it before the end of the year. Thank you for your help.
The dealer isn’t even allowed to get the cars from the rail yard, only the trucking company. I would have run up to the rail yard to drive mine to the dealer if they had allowed that. ??

jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
The dealer isn’t even allowed to get the cars from the rail yard, only the trucking company. I would have run up to the rail yard to drive mine to the dealer if they had allowed that. ??
Until the car reaches the dealer, its the responsibility of the shipping company. If anything happens to it in transit, then the shipping company is liable for repairs. The dealer is only liable once they take possession of the car.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
So, only reason I know is becasue I have done it before. I work as a salesman for the dealership so here in Houston as long as you call ahead and have something on dealership letterhead stating you can take the vehicle then they will let you take the vehicle. They would not let a normal customer do it and its highly unusual for even a dealership to do it. I have been selling Ford 9 years and have only done it once.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
10/4 built, not shipped yet. Wife’s 3fmtk4sx8mme02470

MachEGTSY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Build Week 10/4 October 4 E05474FC-03A7-45CF-BE99-3F8D1671331A
Delivered 1 day before ETA. Picked late in the evening. Very much pleased with the ride and comfort. it’s my first sport style car.

Must say, Dealer experience is awesome and it’s one of the best so far in my car buying experience. No questions asked… Applied X-Plan, $250 additinal incentive, $2500 ford options incentive, and 1.4% APR on Ford options. $65080 MSRP down to $61350 after plan and incentives.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Build Week 10/4 October 4 E05474FC-03A7-45CF-BE99-3F8D1671331A
Delivered 1 day before ETA. Picked late in the evening. Very much pleased with the ride and comfort. it’s my first sport style car.

Must say, Dealer experience is awesome and it’s one of the best so far in my car buying experience. No questions asked… Applied X-Plan, $250 additinal incentive, $2500 ford options incentive, and 1.4% APR on Ford options. $65080 MSRP down to $61350 after plan and incentives.
Happy to hear you had a great experience with your dealership. :) Enjoy your new Mache.

Skelton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Volvo XC60, 2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
10/4 built, not shipped yet. Wife’s 3fmtk4sx8mme02470
I feel for you. My order is in the same situation. :(

@Ford Motor Company I'd love an opportunity to have a good dealer experience too. I'll just need you guys to ship that car I reserved in 2020 and ordered on 4/27.

Last edited:

zellaj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Premium ER AWD On Order
Country flag
I feel for you. My order is in the same situation. :(

@Ford Motor Company I'd love an opportunity to have a good dealer experience too. I'll just need you guys to ship that car I reserved in 2020 and ordered on 4/27.
Dude! I feel for you. I ordered 6/26 and I am beyond frustrated. @Ford Motor Company I would expect to receive a car before people that ordered months after me.

OP
OP
HuntingPudel

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Dude! I feel for you. I ordered 6/26 and I am beyond frustrated. @Ford Motor Company I would expect to receive a car before people that ordered months after me.
Which is why I am still grumpy after receiving my car. I reserved a year ago and ordered on 4/27/21, the first day one could order a GT. There are several people sho reserved *before* me and ordered on the same date who do not have their cars. I’m grumpy on their behalf. Oh, yeah… I am also grumpy about the non-reservations ordered on June who got their cars before any of us. ??

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Have y'all been calling Ford Marketing at all? I've been trying to limit myself to once a week so I don't annoy them but enough to stay on top of it so that someone at Ford has to occasionally ping my car and remind Ford that our cars are just sitting there.
I think yours and mine were in the same batch. Mine just changed to shipped in vehicle visibility so I would call your dealership and ask them if they see any changes. The change will not show in any of your trackers yet.
Sponsored