GT Build Week of Aug. 23rd Group

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
This post is to track each others progress for build week Aug 23rd.

The window sticker button has shown up on the Ford tracker website but fails to bring up a sticker just yet. Anyone else have a working window sticker for next week's builds?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I have a window sticker as of Friday. Ford tracker seems to be down today. Should see progress this week.

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
You think so? No six-weeks delay?
I don’t know for sure but I am guessing they get built on time and then maybe wait for a chip. Given I got my window sticker in the normal time before they start to build, I “think” I will see progress this week.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The window sticker showed up on Thursday. My Tesla-owning buddies are baffled why I'm so excited about it.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
This post is to track each others progress for build week Aug 23rd.

The window sticker button has shown up on the Ford tracker website but fails to bring up a sticker just yet. Anyone else have a working window sticker for next week's builds?
Our 4X is supposed to be built this week too, so I’ll post up our progress even though it’s not a GT. Window sticker was available and working on Friday.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
For starters, they all think I'm insane for wanting the Mach-E over a Tesla.
They don't know what they're missing. The poor bourgois masses.

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I received some info from my dealer. By build day (meaning start of build) is 8-25-21. However, it is currently showing in the body shop which I believe means production has started on it. ?

So my theory that it gets built on time regardless of chip shortage is holding... so far.

Now, will the chip delay cause it to sit for 6 weeks... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I received some info from my dealer. By build day (meaning start of build) is 8-25-21. However, it is currently showing in the body shop which I believe means production has started on it. ?

So my theory that it gets built on time regardless of chip shortage is holding... so far.

Now, will the chip delay cause it to sit for 6 weeks... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Chip shortage in Mexico perhaps but no one mentions the salsa crisis.

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
My window sticker for my GTPE available as of monday. Says in production. Hoping that the build happens and no 6 week sit on a lot waiting for a chip…

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I am currently driving a premium that was build in January so I have been through this build process before. That said, I am confused. Last winter, the activate button in the app did not show up until your car was completed. It was the first indication that your car was completed and with in a day the tracker would show as built. Well, my official start to build day was 8-25-21 but the VVR from my dealer showed it went into production on 8-24-21. Well yesterday my activation button showed up and now today (8-27-21) I have an ETA for delivery of 10-25-21 ?

The reservation site does not show built yet, nor does the tracker but it did just fill in the "in production" line with 10-26-21 along with the delivery ETA of 10-25-21

Either my car was the fastest build ever (last winter average was 6-10 days), or some of this info is showing up in a different order than last winter or some of it is wrong.

Just when I though I knew something, it all changes.

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
My window sticker exists
Ford shows it was built 8/26/21
Estimated delivery 10/20/21

MSRP = $66,600.00 DEVIL X 1000?

tacobellcow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Ordered: '21 Select (Silver w/appearance pack)
Occupation
Advertising Sales
Country flag
Not a GT (I am a peasant who will be driving a select), but I got my VIN# today. Window sticker was dated today (unless it was an odd component that shows current date). Vehicle is "in production". But like all things Mach E, I don't know if this will take 3 weeks, 3 months or 3 years.
Sponsored