GT Build Week of Aug. 23rd Group

Blacklobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT - Grabber Blue (Due 11/14)
Country flag
Mine is hiding in the US somewhere still. It was in KC on 11/15. That's the last update I have. I'm going to call the dealer again Monday and see if there's any update on the VVR.
Sponsored

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
If i miss out on this years tax savings after reserving in november 2019, ordering 4/28 when GT became available to order heads will roll. I already sold my car on Carvana a few weeks ago. Even after the chip hold crap my delivery window was 11/10-11/16 and still no information. Has said shipped since 10/1. Is on consorcio convoy since october. No current location known.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
when i ask for a vehicle visibility report, this is what they gave me. The twitter idea sounds great, but i dont know how to tweet..
1638634347378.png
That is the VVR. Actually, the data on your VVR is pretty good and because your car was shipped via road instead of rail, all the other tracking links are irrelevant. You only have the VVR to help you figure out where your car is.

Ask for the VVR every 4-5 days. It does not get updated very frequently and you do don't want to annoy your dealer.

Thank your dealer for providing it. Some dealers won't.

I would not tweet my dissatisfaction with transport transparency. Instead I would talk to my dealer GM and assertively ask him to find out where my car is. Based on my experience and what I have seen others post, the dealer is not able to reliability figure out where cars in transit are. It is a big problem that Ford will resolve when enough dealers complain. If you put pressure on the GM, he will probably put pressure on Ford.

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
That is the VVR. Actually, the data on your VVR is pretty good and because your car was shipped via road instead of rail, all the other tracking links are irrelevant. You only have the VVR to help you figure out where your car is.

Ask for the VVR every 4-5 days. It does not get updated very frequently and you do don't want to annoy your dealer.

Thank your dealer for providing it. Some dealers won't.

I would not tweet my dissatisfaction with transport transparency. Instead I would talk to my dealer GM and assertively ask him to find out where my car is. Based on my experience and what I have seen others post, the dealer is not able to reliability figure out where cars in transit are. It is a big problem that Ford will resolve when enough dealers complain. If you put pressure on the GM, he will probably put pressure on Ford.
Thank you for the information. It makes me feel better about my dealer. I have been very understanding of them when i talk to them. Glad i never got pissy with them specifically

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Well, I finally took delivery. I will never understand how out of order Ford gets with these deliveries but my wait is over. Hope those of you remaining get your cars soon.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Build Week of Aug. 23rd Group E5490A74-E5D6-440D-8536-D2710CCCDBBC

Last edited:

disaacks

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Congrats, OP! Who's left of our cohort still waiting?
Still waiting.

I originally placed a reservation for a Mach-E GT in November of 2019.
I converted that reservation to a GT PE order on 4/28/2021.
The car was built the week of 8/26/2021.
I got an email saying the car was shipping on 10/1/2021.
The delivery date was moved from 10/26 to 11/1.
The modules appear to be online.
PALSAPP has the vin but shows no movement from the train yards.

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still waiting.

I originally placed a reservation for a Mach-E GT in November of 2019.
I converted that reservation to a GT PE order on 4/28/2021.
The car was built the week of 8/26/2021.
I got an email saying the car was shipping on 10/1/2021.
The delivery date was moved from 10/26 to 11/1.
The modules appear to be online.
PALSAPP has the vin but shows no movement from the train yards.
I have your exact timeline. Only difference is i have a PE, and mine apparently shipped via Consorcio trucking so not on PALSAPP. And my delivery date just moved this week to a potentially realistic time. Praying it arrives this week randomly. There will be no notifications and there is no way to track mine online.

disaacks

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I have your exact timeline. Only difference is i have a PE, and mine apparently shipped via Consorcio trucking so not on PALSAPP. And my delivery date just moved this week to a potentially realistic time. Praying it arrives this week randomly. There will be no notifications and there is no way to track mine online.
I ordered a PE as well. During the reservations you could only choose GT but it was ordered as a GT PE.

Supposedly my car is at Richards-Gebaur, MO at Ramp 6R as of Nov 15th.
My delivery date is still listed as 11/1.

Last edited:

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
Well, I finally took delivery. I will never understand how out of order Ford gets with these deliveries but my wait is over. Hope those of you remaining get your cars soon.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Build Week of Aug. 23rd Group E5490A74-E5D6-440D-8536-D2710CCCDBBC
Merry Xmas and congratulations. I'm glad to see your saga come to a good end - cheers.

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
Me. Though my delivery date this past week changed from 11/10-11/16 to 12/14-12/20, so that is the first change in my status in months. Maybe I’m next?
As long as you're not on the naughty list, I think you'll have your car soon.

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As long as you're not on the naughty list, I think you'll have your car soon.
Nah, still don’t have it. It’s sitting in a rail yard in miami. And I made an account to united road and every day or so i see shipments of cars and trucks from there to my dealer, and it usually includes a few Mache’s. But never mine. And mine is still listed as “inactive” as opposed to “scheduled for pickup”. I have resigned myself to the fact that

1. I will not be receiving my tax rebate for the coming tax year and
2. I will be driving my son’s car while he is at college forever.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Nah, still don’t have it. It’s sitting in a rail yard in miami. And I made an account to united road and every day or so i see shipments of cars and trucks from there to my dealer, and it usually includes a few Mache’s. But never mine. And mine is still listed as “inactive” as opposed to “scheduled for pickup”. I have resigned myself to the fact that

1. I will not be receiving my tax rebate for the coming tax year and
2. I will be driving my son’s car while he is at college forever.
Damn, dude. How the hell can it still not be at your dealer? Even if it had been buried behind 7 other rail cars a month ago, it should have moved by now.
Sponsored