OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I wonder if when the needed chips are in inventory (even though there are not enough for all cars), we have eta dates and when they run out and are out of stock waiting for the next shipment, our eta dates go blank.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I don't read much into what the tracker is doing until it starts shipping. I do wish we could at least get some feedback from Ford on what their current outlook is for the chips supply incoming, and how that may relate to which models get them prioritized? As it is, it's anyone's guess. So far we only have the "minimum 6 weeks delay" email. The various ETA's don't seem to be in sync with that at all. Mine hasn't moved from 9/25 since 8/9 production date, and I know for a fact that isn't even close to reality.

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
So no surprise my dealer confirmed my GTPE is on chip delay. It was finished built on Sept 2 but is waiting for chips to ship.

He also told me that Ford is now delivering vehicles (not MACHE's) that are missing chips that will be installed later. Or they are offering money back if people take the vehicle as is and never get the chips put in. ? ? ? ? ?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
So no surprise my dealer confirmed my GTPE is on chip delay. It was finished built on Sept 2 but is waiting for chips to ship.

He also told me that Ford is now delivering vehicles (not MACHE's) that are missing chips that will be installed later. Or they are offering money back if people take the vehicle as is and never get the chips put in. ? ? ? ? ?
They didn't deliver mine, nor offer me anything. I do wonder where these are all stacked up. probably multiple locations. I do hope they are chipped in a fair order though. Also I think I would prefer Ford to finish installing and testing rather than some random dealer shop tech. This must be a nightmare for the car companies to manage though.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My dealer order says ETA in mid-October. I wouldn't mind if it was November or even December for cash flow purposes but whatever. As long as the car is tiptop and delivery is before December 31, I'll be happy enough.

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
My dealer order says ETA in mid-October. I wouldn't mind if it was November or even December for cash flow purposes but whatever. As long as the car is tiptop and delivery is before December 31, I'll be happy enough.
What are you referring to as your dealer order?

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag

supared

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Mine went from deliver 9/23 to 10/2 to 10/31 to 9/24 to end date gone ?. Dealer said it was builton 8/23 although the tracker says 8/26. Dealer also says she saw a note before "sent off site" and currently "on hold microchip."
Reserved 11/24/2019 and ordered 4/27/2021

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
My 8/30 production dated Mach-E GT PE just flipped (got an e-mail) to "built" and says I have an estimated delivery date of 10/4-10/10 ---- did anyone else with a production date with this or before just get a notification?

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Build Week of Aug. 23rd Group 1631336439700

I almost think this must be a bug/error? With the chip hold this shouldn't be possible??

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
My 8/30 production dated Mach-E GT PE just flipped (got an e-mail) to "built" and says I have an estimated delivery date of 10/4-10/10 ---- did anyone else with a production date with this or before just get a notification?

I almost think this must be a bug/error? With the chip hold this shouldn't be possible??
Lets hope there is movement again. Mine hasn’t changed.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag

unless they start decidng to send to dealers for chip install, or a remote hold lot, which they have done in the past.

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag

Would make sense considering mach e production was halted the end of this week and Atleast all of next week. Need to get some of these chips cars out before they make new ones. I hope yours is really incoming.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Yea the timing doesn't seem right but I do certainly hope it is true. I am getting this info from ford.com's reservation page (and the e-mail). However the https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status page and the https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/ page don't have the new info yet. However our forum tracker does have the new info. Wonder if this means anything.. or if the other sources just don't update as fast.

Trying to figure out why mine got built faster than expected outside of a glitch (which I still think it is lol). What are other folk's priority codes? The number-text next to the state abbreviation at the top left of your window sticker. Mine is below.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Build Week of Aug. 23rd Group 1631375377114
Sponsored