GT Build Week of Aug. 23rd Group

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
However the https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status page and the https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/ page don't have the new info yet. However our forum tracker does have the new info. Wonder if this means anything.. or if the other sources just don't update as fast.
It just means that Ford's hard-working team of keypunch operators has not yet manually entered your data into all of their disjointed systems. Don't worry, they'll get to it. And their error rates are really improving, now down to less than 10%!
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Build Week of Aug. 23rd Group 1631387759040
Sponsored

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
My 8/30 production dated Mach-E GT PE just flipped (got an e-mail) to "built" and says I have an estimated delivery date of 10/4-10/10 ---- did anyone else with a production date with this or before just get a notification?
I have the same production week for my regular GT. No email, no flip. Still says "In production; In progress."

Thanks for the update.

csilvest

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rapid Red MME GT (Non-PE), '16 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
I have a production date of 8/19 for my GT (non PE) - nothing has changed for at least 3 weeks. Still has ETA of 10/5.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
There is no predictable pattern to the mess they are in. I have a production date of 8/9 and, until today, had a ETA of 10/5. Mine just changed today to 10/31 ETA. VVR from dealer says "on hold chips." We don't have visibility into which parts each of these cars are missing, and why some are getting shipped sooner than others.

Must be a really big parking lot.

I have a production date of 8/19 for my GT (non PE) - nothing has changed for at least 3 weeks. Still has ETA of 10/5.

MicrobialAng

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance Manager
Country flag
Hoping this helps you guys even though I’m not in the Aug 23rd group….My build week was Aug 9…GT was built on the 11th. It’s the first email I have received from Ford since I was given a build week date.

I just received the below email yesterday -

'Dear xxx,
Fantastic news! Your 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT has been built – which means it won’t be long before you’re able to experience the thrill of driving!
Our current estimate for delivery to Anderson Ford Of St. Joseph is between October 9, 2021 and October 15, 2021. Also, we wanted to include your vehicle’s unique identification number for your reference: xxxxxxxxxx.
View My Order
We’re in the homestretch. You’ll be hearing from us again to let you know when your vehicle has been shipped, delivery details and next steps to complete your purchase. In the meantime, you may want to start thinking about the available financing options and insurance details below.'

Basically I’m 2 weeks ahead of your build date so I’m hoping to give you an idea of expectations.

iwii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Hoping this helps you guys even though I’m not in the Aug 23rd group….My build week was Aug 9…GT was built on the 11th. It’s the first email I have received from Ford since I was given a build week date.

I just received the below email yesterday -
I received the same email last night, although my scheduled production week was 8/30. The entire schedule/production/shipment process is very chaotic. I'm surprised I now have a "Release Date" when many from the 8/23 (and prior) group clearly do not.

Hopefully this is a sign that a nice big shipment of chips have been delivered and everyone in the August (and before) production month will get moving very soon.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Build Week of Aug. 23rd Group 1631463849107

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I received the same email last night, although my scheduled production week was 8/30. The entire schedule/production/shipment process is very chaotic. I'm surprised I now have a "Release Date" when many from the 8/23 (and prior) group clearly do not.

Hopefully this is a sign that a nice big shipment of chips have been delivered and everyone in the August (and before) production month will get moving very soon.

1631463849107.png
How are you at awaiting shipment and my earlier production date is still unchanged? Clearly they are going out of order. No change, no email, no nothin.

"receiptDate": "2021-04-29",
"releaseDate": "",
"etaStartDate": "2021-09-19",
"etaEndDate": "2021-09-25",
"productionDate": "2021-08-09",
"shipmentDate": "",
"transitDate": "",
"make": "Ford",
"year": "2021",
"model": "Mache",
"groupOrderType": "Retail (222R) (OBC8S)",
"trim": "GT",
"vehicleLineDescription": "Mustang Mach-E",
"market": "USA",
"status": "",
"primaryStatus": "In Production",

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
My GTPE had an 8/9 production date, and was on a chip hold until yesterday, when its ETA date changed to 10/31. I found this using the Ford tracker -- the seg.fyi tracker is clearly a cached one and did not update until hours later. Early last evening I received an email from Ford that my car was considered "built" and would soon be on its way to my dealer (YAY!). When I received this email, I checked the Ford "My orders" site and it indicated that my car was "built". The Ford and unofficial order tracker sites all do not yet show that the car is built.

There's clearly a delay in real-time status on your car (most customers never notice because they do not obsessively hit refresh on all of them 20x a day like me). Also seems like it took almost exactly 4 weeks to plop in the missing parts into my car.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag

1631463849107.png
My only random guess is.. maybe the chips showed up while our cars (I'm an 8/30 as well) were actively on the line.. and they just completed ours since they were there and are now going to go start backfilling parked cars? Pure speculation. Glad I am not the only around 8/30 that just got that built email.

I reached out to my dealer yesterday and they confirmed they saw no hold and they saw the same built status and eta - we are truly moving.

iwii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
My only random guess is.. maybe the chips showed up while our cars (I'm an 8/30 as well) were actively on the line.. and they just completed ours since they were there and are now going to go start backfilling parked cars? Pure speculation. Glad I am not the only around 8/30 that just got that built email.

I reached out to my dealer yesterday and they confirmed they saw no hold and they saw the same built status and eta - we are truly moving.
Your explanation seems logical. Here is my similar response I was writing before seeing your response:

What if....

Around a 1,000 GTs were built in August (production dates after 8/1) but there were no chips because of the shortage. Thus, these cars were put in "storage" awaiting the necessary parts. Many folks on this forum have reported their cars on on a "chip hold" to support this. Storage could be anything....a lot at the plant, a lot several miles away...I really don't know.

Then, some time after Labor Day weekend, the plant gets a shipment of chips. With these chips, they start with finishing the cars that are in the plant (like my ordered car) and they are slowly finishing (installing chips) the cars that were put in storage. Thus, we get a mix of newly completed cars and month-old cars being completed and "awaiting shipment".

Obviously this is just a guess and an overly simplified one at that.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My GTPE had an 8/9 production date, and was on a chip hold until yesterday, when its ETA date changed to 10/31. I found this using the Ford tracker -- the seg.fyi tracker is clearly a cached one and did not update until hours later. Early last evening I received an email from Ford that my car was considered "built" and would soon be on its way to my dealer (YAY!). When I received this email, I checked the Ford "My orders" site and it indicated that my car was "built". The Ford and unofficial order tracker sites all do not yet show that the car is built.

There's clearly a delay in real-time status on your car (most customers never notice because they do not obsessively hit refresh on all of them 20x a day like me). Also seems like it took almost exactly 4 weeks to plop in the missing parts into my car.
Since my car is a dealer order, no info is on the ford site except "contact dealer" The ford tracker itself is unchanged. I've kinda given up hope for a timely conclusion to all of this. I don't think they have a master plan at all. It has always seemed random and disjointed. It was the same upon release when I got my FE, minus the chip hold. Yea, I pretty much think I'm in storage hell. Has that happen on a new model Lincoln in Mexico some years back as well.

Last edited:

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I was also scheduled for 8/30. No email for me yet, but I do now see a production date of 9/13, and estimated delivery by 11/8.

If they deliver by the estimated date, it will be five months or 21 weeks from my order date. Which would be faster than the "28+" weeks estimated on ford.com for GT deliveries. Or, maybe it will be delayed six weeks, and arrive on Christmas Eve.
Sponsored