GT Build Week of Aug. 23rd Group

tacobellcow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Ordered: '21 Select (Silver w/appearance pack)
Occupation
Advertising Sales
Country flag
My window sticker exists
Ford shows it was built 8/26/21
Estimated delivery 10/20/21

MSRP = $66,600.00 DEVIL X 1000?
What is the date of your window sticker and when did you get your VIN?
Sponsored

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I was the build week before you guys... everything was looking great with dates filling in and even my dealer confirming details... then this week my ETA date of 10 October was replaced with the dreaded 31 October placeholder date that the rest of the chip-hold cars have gotten.

So yeah, get excited, but maybe not too excited.

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
I am currently driving a premium that was build in January so I have been through this build process before. That said, I am confused. Last winter, the activate button in the app did not show up until your car was completed. It was the first indication that your car was completed and with in a day the tracker would show as built. Well, my official start to build day was 8-25-21 but the VVR from my dealer showed it went into production on 8-24-21. Well yesterday my activation button showed up and now today (8-27-21) I have an ETA for delivery of 10-25-21 ?

The reservation site does not show built yet, nor does the tracker but it did just fill in the "in production" line with 10-26-21 along with the delivery ETA of 10-25-21

Either my car was the fastest build ever (last winter average was 6-10 days), or some of this info is showing up in a different order than last winter or some of it is wrong.

Just when I though I knew something, it all changes.
Mine did almost the same thing. Shows delivery of 10/19 though.

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
What is the date of your window sticker and when did you get your VIN?
Got the window sticker ~ 7d ago. Got my VIN long time ago. Date on the current window sticker (at the bottom) says 8/27/21. There is another date where the "Special Order" box is that says 8-19-21. But Fords website says "In Production 8/26/21".

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
Tracking site says in production on 8/25 for mine, and my window sticker is up. Estimated delivery 9/26. I did get the 6 month delay email, so who knows. Right now I think I’m just going to not accept that delay email, and believe in my heart that 9/26 is correct.

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Got the window sticker ~ 7d ago. Got my VIN long time ago. Date on the current window sticker (at the bottom) says 8/27/21. There is another date where the "Special Order" box is that says 8-19-21. But Fords website says "In Production 8/26/21".
Dates on the sticker do not mean anything to us. They will update randomly. We think it has something to do with the server updated something but doesn't seem to track build progress.

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Anyone from this build week show “built” yet? Having the “activate” button show up in the app used to mean it was built and would indicate that within a day or 2 but I am wondering how the chip shortage might change this. Mine showered up 3 days ago and the tracker has not changed to built yet.

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Anyone from this build week show “built” yet? Having the “activate” button show up in the app used to mean it was built and would indicate that within a day or 2 but I am wondering how the chip shortage might change this. Mine showered up 3 days ago and the tracker has not changed to built yet.
My app now gives option to activate. Is there any risk or benefit to doing so with the delivery date not until 10/19?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My GT still shows as in-production for this week and hoping it switches to Built. I've been told to just have patience. In the meantime, I'll annoy my family talking about the car I don't have.
Maybe we need a new grumpy thread for the family, friends, and co-workers we’re annoying! ?

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
My app now gives option to activate. Is there any risk or benefit to doing so with the delivery date not until 10/19?
We use to say that for every time you push it, it delays delivery by one day. No harm or benefit to pushing it. Last November someone at the factory must have pushed the button on the sreen and for a short time they could see there car location in Mexico but that was some sort of fluke.
Push it and it will time out after a few minutes.

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
My GTPE was produced/assembled 8/11 and sent offsite to wait for microchips on 8/18 and hasn't moved since. I had a window sticker late July. ETA of 10/1-10/7 but I don't really have much faith in that date being accurate. I did not get the 6 week delay email.

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
My GTPE was produced/assembled 8/11 and sent offsite to wait for microchips on 8/18 and hasn't moved since. I had a window sticker late July. ETA of 10/1-10/7 but I don't really have much faith in that date being accurate. I did not get the 6 week delay email.
When did you see the activate button and does the tracker say built?

supared

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I only used the VIN tracker here and Ford's reservation site. The tracker here shows production started with a date of 8/26. Does not say it was built, but Activate is showing in Ford Pass. No change in Ford's reservation site. Just says Scheduled for Production week of 8/23. Got my VIN from the dealer several weeks ago and original delivery date was Sept 20. I did get the delay email.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
You might want to call your dealer to see if they have different information. Mine said that my GT has been built and staged. ETA to the dealer is mid October. No change in the ford.com progress page or in FordPass app.
Sponsored