Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
It use to take 14 days on the train from Mexico no matter what. Either your shipping date says later than it actually shipped or something else is wrong. The plant didn’t get any close, but maybe the train has fewer stops than it use to.
Yes - and I am not sure if my situation, with it populating my dealer info this morning but still with "pending" means it is actually there in Kansas city or not. But if true then that means assuming the ship date was real it took 10 days instead of 14. There's a whole lot of assumption in this idea though. Wild speculation - perhaps with the chip shortage the train is less populated or back logged currently with there being many cars still parked at the factory? Who knows.
Sponsored

iwii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yes - and I am not sure if my situation, with it populating my dealer info this morning but still with "pending" means it is actually there in Kansas city or not. But if true then that means assuming the ship date was real it took 10 days instead of 14. There's a whole lot of assumption in this idea though. Wild speculation - perhaps with the chip shortage the train is less populated or back logged currently with there being many cars still parked at the factory? Who knows.
I think your ordered car made it to KC (probably on 9/22) and Jack Cooper has been contracted to transport it to your dealer. I would not be surprised if it is already on the truck on its way to your dealer.

iwii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I think your ordered car made it to KC (probably on 9/22) and Jack Cooper has been contracted to transport it to your dealer. I would not be surprised if it is already on the truck on its way to your dealer.
@Griddlez, I don't know your VIN so I can't help with your order. But it might be interesting to see what the "Bayed" and "Paired" dates are for your order.

But here is some more context for my order from palsapp.com.

There are 4 dates in the API response at palsapp.com that are helpful.

ASN: 8/30/2021 04:45 GMT

I assume this is the date the "transport order" was sent by Ford to Jack Cooper. This also happens to be the date my order was scheduled to start production. IOW...Ford is saying we'd like Jack Cooper to transport this car from the Kansas City Southern (I think) terminal to the Argentine Ramp.

Bayed: 9/21/2021 21:16 GMT

I believe this is the time the car is put on the truck for transport or maybe "getting ready to be transported". Whatever it means, the car is definitely in KC at this point.

Paired: 9/22/2021 14:54 GMT
Delivery: 9/22/2021 14:56 GMT

Not too sure about paired, but delivery is obviously the date when the truck delivered the car to the Argentine Ramp.

I have no way to track the car once it is loaded on the Union Pacific rail for transport to Colorado. Although, my dealer can track it (VVR).

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I think some of you will hate this, but I found an unclaimed GT in NJ three days ago and claimed it with a $500 deposit. It went into production 8/25, so it is in the time frame of this thread. As of today, it is still in production per the Ford and Forum sites. I am hoping it is going to get swept up in the activity others are seeing this week. After all, I have been waiting three days now! ;-)

Actually, I can commiserate with those who have really been waiting as I placed an order for a Premium ER on May 15, and coincidentally the same day I grabbed the GT order, got an email from Ford that my Premium ER order has been accepted. So now that order is finally, FINALLY, getting scheduled for production. So technically I have been waiting over four months with no activity at all, until Monday. Not as bad as some who I know ordered much earlier than me, but still. Four months to just accept my order? Bah. Stupid chip shortage.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Interesting - it was shipped 9/13, and every since that date I could pull the VIN but all it said was Kansas city, null, lots of blanks, and pending at the end... then suddenly this morning it has my dealership's information populated (still w/ pending). Maybe I got too hopefully it had already arrived at the truck shipping company this morning.
My GTPE ship date was 9/14 and palsapp isn't populated yet for me -- hopefully I'm just 1 day and train behind yours

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I think some of you will hate this, but I found an unclaimed GT in NJ three days ago and claimed it with a $500 deposit. It went into production 8/25, so it is in the time frame of this thread. As of today, it is still in production per the Ford and Forum sites. I am hoping it is going to get swept up in the activity others are seeing this week. After all, I have been waiting three days now! ;-)
Who could hate that? I hope it works out well for you.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
@iwii was nice enough to look at the API data for my VIN number on the palsapp.com site. They shared this info with me and I am sharing here for a data point for everyone. Thanks iwii!

Almost certainly this proves that the trains within the last week~ are running faster than 14 days from the factory to Kansas city. This is assuming the shipped date is accurate of course which.. again who knows. Please see iwii's post (5) above for details on what the identifiers may mean. We're assuming Bayed is the day it was received off the train and Paired is the day it was put on a truck to its next destination. In my case that destination is my dealer as I am within a few hours of KS.

I will update this post to confirm if my car gets delivered today. I have already alerted my sales person to keep an eye out.

Per Ford Site Order shipped 9/13
palsapp data as of 9/23
ASN 8/25 02:43 GMT
Bayed 9/21 18:16 GMT
Paired 9/23 10:53 GMT
Delivery n/a

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
For another data point, my GT was built 9/10 shipped 9/13 per the forum tracker, palsapp shows delivered 9/21 I can only assume to another train to get to WA next.
Maybe they are trucking cars to KC now. That is the only way it gets there that fast. Given the driver shortage I doubt they are trucking. I think the better odds are that the system dates are not the real dates of shipping and are off by 4 days or more.

Fatawan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
For another data point, my GT was built 9/10 shipped 9/13 per the forum tracker, palsapp shows delivered 9/21 I can only assume to another train to get to WA next.
Built 9/10? What was your production date? Mine is 8/27 and no info since then

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Built 9/10? What was your production date? Mine is 8/27 and no info since then
Sorry, production date 9/10, I was build week 8/30, got emails on the 13/14th that it was on its way. Regular GB GT with no options if we want to get really detailed, maybe they're still hung up on some parts?

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Sorry, production date 9/10, I was build week 8/30, got emails on the 13/14th that it was on its way. Regular GB GT with no options if we want to get really detailed, maybe they're still hung up on some parts?
Wow that might be the fastest turnaround from 'scheduled build week' to 'shipped' for any GT on this forum. Congrats ?

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Wow that might be the fastest turnaround from 'scheduled build week' to 'shipped' for any GT on this forum. Congrats ?
I was pleasantly surprised, granted it was a ~4 month wait before all that with zero updates. Not a lot of data to go off of but from other posts, seems like one of those options I didn't pick might be the hold up.

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I was pleasantly surprised, granted it was a ~4 month wait before all that with zero updates. Not a lot of data to go off of but from other posts, seems like one of those options I didn't pick might be the hold up.
Mine is also a base GT in GB, but I did get the Co-Pilot/Active 2.0 package. My scheduled build week was 9/6, it was built on the 14th, and shipped on the 17th.

Maybe the barrel of grabber blue paint was about to go bad. LOL.

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Mine is a fully loaded GTPE. I suppose it could be an option that takes more or certain chips that is holding it up. Build week Aug 23. VVR shows it was finished Sept 2 but on chip hold. My tracker still says in production so zero movement for 3 weeks now.

Also hurts considering I reserved Jan2020 and people are complaining about a 4 month wait. Try 21 months :mad:
Sponsored