GT Buyers: Would you attend a performance driving experience if offered?

Would you be interested in a Ford Performance Driving Program?

• Total voters

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I had planned to take my FE to one of these in April but had to wait for repairs. I still want to do this.
Sponsored

Smurfunit

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz Tallboy
Country flag
Definitely would attend! Tracked my old 93 gen2 SHO and E-46 M3. Been a long time and miss my 2011 Mustang GT Brembo. Looking forward to my first electric car and learning to use it on the track!

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My Edge ST had this. I was really excited to do it. But not too long after I got the Edge, I went through a divorce. And then a few months later covid hit and I never got to go. It sounded really cool though.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Focus RS came with a chance to go to the RS Adrenaline Academy and my GT500 to their Track Attack but I never went to either. I'm away a lot and the dates never seemed to coincide with my travel plans. I've heard from members on both of those forums that went to these events that it was a blast. I did track the Focus RS a few times at Thunderhill Raceway but haven't taken the GT500 on the track yet and don't think I will.

I am definitely in the minority here but don't really have a desire to take a heavy BEV around a track. It doesn't come remotely close to the handling of my other two cars and unless Ford has some magic suspension tuning we don't know about, I cannot see how the GT/PE version can be tons better than my Premium. Who knows, when I finally get my GT/PE (possible November delivery) I may have a different opinion.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rabidsquirrel22

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
My Focus RS came with a chance to go to the RS Adrenaline Academy and my GT500 to their Track Attack but I never went to either. I'm away a lot and the dates never seemed to coincide with my travel plans. I've heard from members on both of those forums that went to these events that it was a blast. I did track the Focus RS a few times at Thunderhill Raceway but haven't taken the GT500 on the track yet and don't think I will.

I am definitely in the minority here but don't really have a desire to take a heavy BEV around a track. It doesn't come remotely close to the handling of my other two cars and unless Ford has some magic suspension tuning we don't know about, I cannot see how the GT/PE version can be tons better than my Premium. Who knows, when I finally get my GT/PE (possible November delivery) I may have a different opinion.
You put carbon-ceramic brakes on your GT500 and have no plans to track it? Can't say I understand that.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You put carbon-ceramic brakes on your GT500 and have no plans to track it? Can't say I understand that.
After having been on a track, I wouldn't really want to take my personal vehicle out either. The wear and tear can be rather severe and you're on the hook for anything and everything. The best part about the dealer-run track programs is abusing someone else's $100k car. At the C8 school, something went wrong with the first car I was driving. The instructors pulled my car and handed me another one immediately and I wasn't responsible for anything.

OP
OP
Rabidsquirrel22

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
After having been on a track, I wouldn't really want to take my personal vehicle out either. The wear and tear can be rather severe and you're on the hook for anything and everything. The best part about the dealer-run track programs is abusing someone else's $100k car. At the C8 school, something went wrong with the first car I was driving. The instructors pulled my car and handed me another one immediately and I wasn't responsible for anything.
That might be true. Idk about Ford, but I know GM promised to Camaro and Corvette owners that anything that breaks on track is covered under warranty (as long as it's stock and you didn't hit something of course). I track my Camaro a few times a year and between the warranty coverage and track insurance, I'm not worried nor have I had to replace anything besides tires, brake pads, and fluids.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree with you that it may sound like a waste of money if I don't plan to track the GT500. However, I live in a very mountainous area and regularly take this car on weekends to various destinations close by and I do not baby it while driving. The massive 16.5" front and 14.6" rear iron rotors weigh quite a bit and I was able to drop 68 lbs replacing them with the carbon ceramic rotors and an additional 46 lbs. replacing the OEM wheels with forged aluminum. Dropping 114 lbs of unsprung weight is massive and caused the handling and steering to became lighter and more nimble. The ride is much better especially over irregular road surfaces and there is absolutely no brake dust whatsoever. Just the better ride and no brake dust was worth it to me.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
JT, I agree with you on that. When I was tracking the Focus RS, I went through one set of brake pads and two sets of tires and thankfully didn't have any issues with the car. I think you are a bit more careful when it is your personal car you are out on the track with as it is all on you if something happens. The GT500 is even more of a track car but it is also three times the price of the RS and I really don't want any issues with it.

mvic

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've been to 2 of Fords Track Attacks. They were at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah, a great facility. The first one was for the Boss 302, the second for the Shelby GT350. It is first class, Ford does a fantastic job with the Track Attacks. They have a little dinner banquet the night before for introductions. In the morning class room then different exercise's, they put you in a skid car to learn oversteer understeer. Then out to the track, the pro will lead in his car and it was in groups of 2 or 3. They try to break you up into skill levels from beginners to experienced so everyone can have fun. The best part is they have a whole stable of cars so you are not beating up your own car. I will be attending the Mach 1 Track Attack August 30th. It will be on the Roval at Charlotte Motor Speedway. I'm looking forward to it.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
JT, I agree with you on that. When I was tracking the Focus RS, I went through one set of brake pads and two sets of tires and thankfully didn't have any issues with the car. I think you are a bit more careful when it is your personal car you are out on the track with as it is all on you if something happens. The GT500 is even more of a track car but it is also three times the price of the RS and I really don't want any issues with it.
Track car = Lots of Issues ? It was fun for a decade but tired of the daily issues. Tires, pads and rotors were consumables. Blown clutches, transmissions and suspension parts were worse. Went through pads, rotors and tires like gas. Road America would eat up a set of front pads every day and a set of Hoosiers in a weekend. That's why I would gladly drive Ford's cars at TA, but will just drive my Mach-E the way they engineered it.

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
I've never driven on a track, and I want to, but definitely not with my daily. When my income goes up another level I think I'll be able to justify the expense to do a track day in a provided vehicle... looking forward to that day!

I'll enjoy carving my Mach E through the hills for sure, though!

FamDocDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red MME GTPE, 2016 Mercedes AMG GLA45
Country flag
Having done the AMG Driving Academy at Laguna Seca, I would definitely sign up for this with an MME.