GT Front Motor in Premium 4X?

ARK

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I think it's sort of an open question - I have not previously read about someone trying to upgrade an EV powertrain with a different EV powertrain. For reasons already mentioned by others, it might be a lot more complex than just adding a supercharger to an engine or something along those lines.

I'm sure eventually we will hear success or horror stories from the first people who try this.

Agree that given the unknown factor and likely complexity involved, it is probably much more straightforward to just get a GT unless someone is interested in doing this for the sake of tinkering and seeing what's possible.

OP
OP
tannerk89

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I think it's sort of an open question - I have not previously read about someone trying to upgrade an EV powertrain with a different EV powertrain. For reasons already mentioned by others, it might be a lot more complex than just adding a supercharger to an engine or something along those lines.

I'm sure eventually we will hear success or horror stories from the first people who try this.

Agree that given the unknown factor and likely complexity involved, it is probably much more straightforward to just get a GT unless someone is interested in doing this for the sake of tinkering and seeing what's possible.
Yeah agree. I just don’t think really any of those things mentioned sounded all that difficult to me (different harnesses, adding or replacing a ecu, couple of bolts and plumbing connections). Everything appears to be modular from Monro’s tear down so I feel like it’s not as bad as people are accustomed to with major ICE upgrades. But I work as an engineer in a vehicle assembly plant .. so kind of my area of expertise and not much that scares me about making changes. The biggest concern for me is flashing the ecu to the different spec, I don’t have experience (or software) for that so it seems difficult to me.. then again I had a Charger R/T flashed with some of the SRT modules unlocked and plenty of people using FORScan and other Ford programs so I’m fairly confident someone will figure it out.

Reactions: ARK
Advertisement

Advertisement