Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Elevator Construction Mechanic
Country flag
Does anyone know if the 115 mph limiter was changed for the GT or GT PE?
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mockingbird2004

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Elevator Construction Mechanic
Country flag
Hopefully we can unlock more with a tune. Track days need more than 124. Would like to at least compete with "other" electric performance vehicles

Skelton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Volvo XC60, 2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I wonder if Unbridled Extend mode might allow something.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Hopefully we can unlock more with a tune. Track days need more than 124. Would like to at least compete with "other" electric performance vehicles
That 124mph has been the spec for ages and is probably down to the chosen gearing so may not be down to a software limiter :(.

IMO, but once you start using performance' in the name then my expectations change and 124mph is not what I would call performance, 124mph would be classed at the slow end by 1980's performance standards let alone 2000's. Seeing as we have had limiters for years aiming for the 155 mph ball park would have be a good target and that is the speed the competition have aimed for.

HotRodEV

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
March E
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Country flag
It's very disappointing to find out the GTPE only top ends at 1:24 MPH, at 480 HP and 634 pounds of torque it's quick and off the line with any other supercar. But you need more top end to keep up with other super car.. It's kind of embarrassing to watch another vehicle with Less HP walk away from you on the track on the tope end.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
They weren’t built to be track cars. They were built to be street cars. If you’re doing 100+ on the street, you’re likely going to jail, the hospital, or the morgue once first responders catch up with you.

that said, I’d love to see a track mode.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
They weren’t built to be track cars. They were built to be street cars. If you’re doing 100+ on the street, you’re likely going to jail, the hospital, or the morgue once first responders catch up with you.

"but I saw The Fast & The Furious 19 and that showed people driving Civics at 192 MPH on city streets (ON THE MOON!) so I know that's a real life thing and insist my GT let me do that"

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

I've done 136 MPH on the street* and didn't end up in jail or the hospital. (The statue of limitations have long since passed so I can safely admit it without ending up in jail LOL.)

*= in my youth (It was the top speed of my Eagle Talon TSi AWD--I had to try)

ay221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Cayman GTS
Country flag
When the covid lockdowns first started the highways were deserted and I was able to really punch it. But still not passed 125 never know when a cop is hiding out. I would need a long track to test the top speed in my current car. I think the fun is the quick punches in the low end of the speed spectrum.
Sponsored