agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Is it normal after the pre-order to order conversion, for the website to just say "In Store Order" and only "Contact Dealer" at the picture of your order with no other status? It feels to me like they lost my pre-order place in line. It is the same reservation/order number, so I guess it's still in line properly. Anyone else see this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Is it normal after the pre-order to order conversion, for the website to just say "In Store Order" and only "Contact Dealer" at the picture of your order with no other status? It feels to me like they lost my pre-order place in line. Anyone else see this?
My Bronco reservation says that, but I know the process is very different from the Mach-E process. My Bronco reservation says this because the dealer converted my reservation to an order.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Ah, so my issue is ”normal.” @agoldman ’s issue doesn’t seem normal to me, but my pool of experience is exactly one reservation that has turned into an order, so it’s a small sample.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
maybe if you do the whole process on line it stays, but, if you change anything and the dealer does the customizing, it goes forever. Similar to the FE mach drop orders, which never showed up online.

but as usual with Ford, left wondering and not really knowing much of anything. So another season of having to call the dealer for all pending information and status...

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Is it normal after the pre-order to order conversion, for the website to just say "In Store Order" and only "Contact Dealer" at the picture of your order with no other status? It feels to me like they lost my pre-order place in line. It is the same reservation/order number, so I guess it's still in line properly. Anyone else see this?
Your reservation/order number at ford.com will always be the same no matter what. What you want to compare is the 4 digit "Order ID" that was in your "It's yours" email from Ford with the 4 digit "Order Code" that's in the upper right corner of your dealership paperwork.

It's absolutely possible for a dealership to "lose your pre-order place in line." What would happen is they'd convert your reservation to an order with whatever options/configuration they want and when it shows up they just put it on the lot as an abandoned order because when you went into the dealership or called to convert your order, they just put it in as a new retail order, at the back of the line.

This may all be different though if you did your conversion online. I never had a chance to convert mine online, because the dealership converted it themselves immediately without my consent.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Your reservation/order number at ford.com will always be the same no matter what. What you want to compare is the 4 digit "Order ID" that was in your "It's yours" email from Ford with the 4 digit "Order Code" that's in the upper right corner of your dealership paperwork.
compare it to what exactly? I have two numbers. The reservation, and now order number, and the congrats email 4 digit number. In any case, I'm pretty sure they screwed it up. And if that's the case, I'll probably just look for another model later this year.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
compare it to what exactly? I have two numbers. The reservation, and now order number, and the congrats email 4 digit number. In any case, I'm pretty sure they screwed it up. And if that's the case, I'll probably just look for another model later this year.
This, which your dealership should send you

MachE Order.jpg

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
This, which your dealership should send you
Yes, I have that with the 4 digit number, but how does any of that let them know you have a pre-order number place in line? It just looks like a fresh dealer order to me.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Yes, I have that with the 4 digit number, but how does any of that let them know you have a pre-order number place in line? It just looks like a fresh dealer order to me.
My order number is the exact same number as my reservation number.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I guess the key is if the dealer order is logged, or cross referenced at Ford, as the pre-order converted, or just a new order. I can't tell either way.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I wouldn't have gotten the "It's yours" email if it were a fresh retail order because it wouldn't have been tied to my ford.com account.

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
For what it's worth I did everything online and it shows my dealer accepted my reservation on Ford's website, but the order code on the invoice from dealer does not match my reservation number.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
My congrats email contained a number in the low 2400s. Is that my place in the build line?

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
For what it's worth I did everything online and it shows my dealer accepted my reservation on Ford's website, but the order code on the invoice from dealer does not match my reservation number.
Yes, those will never match. Because one is a 4 digit number that is dealer specific and one is a 7 digit number that isn't dealer specific.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
My congrats email contained a number in the low 2400s. Is that my place in the build line?
No, those numbers are dealer specific and generated by the dealership software when they put in the order. There are 3000 Ford dealers in the US, they couldn't use a 4 digit number for something like this to cover all of them because it would mean no dealer could order more than 3 cars at a time.
Sponsored