harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
At what point after build date assigned do they start assigning VIN numbers? Seem to recall it was pretty soon after.

I hope this ramps up pretty fast, or my late Feb '20 order date may mean winter...
After it's built.
Sponsored

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've got a GTPE with res number 71,xxx and order date 4/27/21. No update to mine yet. Guessing it's gonna be awhile still.

PHOENIX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, Expedition EL, F-250
Country flag
At what point after build date assigned do they start assigning VIN numbers? Seem to recall it was pretty soon after.

I hope this ramps up pretty fast, or my late Feb '20 order date may mean winter...
You should have the VIN within a week once scheduled. Window Sticker about 7-10 days before build date.

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
Has anyone received one of these? I thought I read that they begin production just after Independence Day.

Screenshot_20210518-163157_Chrome.jpg

GTMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GTPE in DMG
Country flag
It would be nice if everyone would include their reservation number and the date that they changed it to an order so that we might be able to see if there is a pattern to how Ford is scheduling GT'S.

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
It would be nice if everyone would include their reservation number and the date that they changed it to an order so that we might be able to see if there is a pattern to how Ford is scheduling GT'S.
My reservation number was 005544 and I finalized the order on 4/29.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Has anyone received one of these? I thought I read that they begin production just after Independence Day.
Yes a number of us received emails like that one today. There are some replies above yours in this thread as well as some replies in the GT price announcement thread in the general forum.

I'd seen claims of July 5th for start of production somewhere online as well (probably in this forum), but so far no one in the forum has mentioned that as their build date. While the Mach-E are obviously built in Mexico, they may nevertheless have opted to push it back due to the holiday week (July 5th would be Independence day observed). Or perhaps it was moved for other reasons. Or perhaps the rumored July 5th date was simply inaccurate information.

GTMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GTPE in DMG
Country flag
I converted my reservation to an order on 4/27 but have a higher res number. I am glad that it looks like they are using the res number for scheduling. My res number is 0099XX.

Xenotet

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Ford Focus ST, ‘21 Toyota Venza Ltd
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
Great to see light is showing at the end of the tunnel!

Looks like the day 1 folks are getting queued accordingly ;) I'm a day 3 Rez 11/20 (#16,xxx), so will be interesting to see when mine is scheduled.

Did you lucky peeps get an automated msg from Ford? Or dealer reached out?
I don't think the actual order date matters. I think vehicles will be built based on Reservation Numbers. Please advise if someone knows for sure.

Last edited:

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I converted my reservation to an order on 4/27 but have a higher res number. I am glad that it looks like they are using the res number for scheduling. My res number is 0099XX.
That's still pretty low, especially considering how many non-GT were in between our reservations. :)

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
Yes a number of us received emails like that one today. There are some replies above yours in this thread as well as some replies in the GT price announcement thread in the general forum.

I'd seen claims of July 5th for start of production somewhere online as well (probably in this forum), but so far no one in the forum has mentioned that as their build date. While the Mach-E are obviously built in Mexico, they may nevertheless have opted to push it back due to the holiday week (July 5th would be Independence day observed). Or perhaps it was moved for other reasons. Or perhaps the rumored July 5th date was simply inaccurate information.
Thank you, Carmel Mach E Auto. I TOTALLY missed the other replies...total rookie move, I know. ?
Sponsored