Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
I think Ford is doing just what you would expect them to do. Go by reservation number as long as the order was placed by the time scheduling began.
You'd think that's how it would be handled, but screamsicle and I have identical Mach-E GT PE orders, and he's scheduled a week later than me despite having a lower reservation number (40xx vs. my 7xxx).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
It is interesting to see that for the 7/19 scheduled group, non-PE GT's did get moved up in the queue. As we see agoldman's build scheduled, despite having a Feb '20 / # 40k reservation. Looks like the other orders with lower rez # and still not scheduled, all look to be PE GT's.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Yeah, Weird scheduling. There must be some sort of method to their madness. Like when they built all the FE's together within a couple weeks. Or, maybe it is a combination of Reservation date, type, and actual order conversion date. Or maybe it's just some guy drinking beer and throwing darts.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Or maybe it's just some guy drinking beer and throwing darts.
Yeah, or maybe they intend to straighten all of this out by letting mine sit in a holding lot for a week while his rolls of the assembly line and right onto a waiting rail car. :)

screamsicle

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT350, F150, Torino Cobra
Country flag
I think Ford is doing just what you would expect them to do. Go by reservation number as long as the order was placed by the time scheduling began.
order was also converted on 4/27/20 so who knows ?‍♂

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
I had a build date of July 12th for a GT PE but now when I check it with my VIN and order number it just says:

"Your order has been entered into the Ford Ordering System. It will then be scheduled and placed in the first available production week. Once scheduled, a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and estimated build date can be provided."

And I don't see a date anywhere. This happen to anyone else?

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
I had a build date of July 12th for a GT PE but now when I check it with my VIN and order number it just says:

"Your order has been entered into the Ford Ordering System. It will then be scheduled and placed in the first available production week. Once scheduled, a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and estimated build date can be provided."

And I don't see a date anywhere. This happen to anyone else?
Mine just shows scheduled for production and the notes say build week of 7/12. Did you get your VIN from the dealer? I haven't seen a VIN yet.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
where did you get the VIN number?
Mine just shows scheduled for production and the notes say build week of 7/12. Did you get your VIN from the dealer? I haven't seen a VIN yet.
I got it in an email from the dealership along with a 4 digit order number and saying build week of July 12th.

What do you see when you check the status of your order here:

https://www.ford.com/buy/my-vehicles.html

?
There it basically just say "In Store Order" with an order date of 4/27 and my 8 digit reservation (now order) number but here:

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status

It has my VIN and my 4 digit order number but I don't see a build date anywhere, it says this, seeming like it hasn't been scheduled yet:

" Your order has been entered into the Ford Ordering System. It will then be scheduled and placed in the first available production week. Once scheduled, a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and estimated build date can be provided. Be sure to view the Vehicle Summary section and learn about the features on your vehicle."

Like it was scheduled, then unscheduled. I just got off the phone with Ford CS and they said it still showed in their system with a build date of 7/12 so maybe just some kind of disconnect between the franchise order system and Ford.com or something. I also sent my salesman an email to make sure it hadn't been put in Priority 99 for some reason so I'm waiting to hear back from him but they've told me stuff that was flat out wrong a lot of times so I can't really trust what they say.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
Got my scheduling email today, week of 7/18 :D

GTPE, Day 3 (Nov 20, 2019) reservation # 16,xxx - Space White / Active2.0 / Glass

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Got my scheduling email today, week of 7/18 :D

GTPE, Day 3 (Nov 20, 2019) reservation # 16,xxx - Space White / Active2.0 / Glass
Congrats. I love to hear of progressions. It gives me hope. ?

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Did you convert your reservation to an order through ford.com? I wonder if that's the difference, my reservation was converted directly by the dealer.

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
Did you convert your reservation to an order through ford.com? I wonder if that's the difference, my reservation was converted directly by the dealer.
Mine was converted by the dealer as well. The message I received on the build date was an email directly from Ford. If I login to my Ford.com account it just shows my order date, order number and says In-Store order contact dealer.