First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
The ETA is the delivery to the dealer.

I've been "In Production" since 8/23 and the only thing that's changed is the dealer ETA from 11 October to 31 October. I'm still waiting for it to move to "Built" then "Shipped" statuses.

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking
Thanks for the clarification. I was really surprised to see 10/26. I was expecting mid to late November, but the car still hasn't moved to 'Built' status so I won't be surprised if (when) the ETA slips.
Sponsored

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
I got my email saying it's built and shipped! ETA to my dealer is 11/7 - 11/13.

Twuntish

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GTPE and 2023 Bronco Badlands(ordered)
Country flag
To my surprise I got emails saying my GTPE is built and shipped as of this past weekend. My originally scheduled build date was the week of 9/13, so I was anticipating the 6 week delay on top of that but it ended up being one week. Supposedly it will arrive at my dealer the first week of November.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Holy smokes! Congrats @Twuntish on your car being shipped.

My GT-PE (Grabber Blue, Blue roof, no other options) build week was supposed to start today. Surprise, it's been pushed back. Hopefully, my build and ship will be as quick as yours.

bso55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Acura MDX
Country flag
Seems like there is no rhyme or reason as to why some are built, and others get pushed back. Mine showed up as being delivered to KC on 9/24 via palsapp...now I'm just waiting the couple of weeks to get to Colorado!!!

Twuntish

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GTPE and 2023 Bronco Badlands(ordered)
Country flag
Seems like there is no rhyme or reason as to why some are built, and others get pushed back. Mine showed up as being delivered to KC on 9/24 via palsapp...now I'm just waiting the couple of weeks to get to Colorado!!!
I am in Colorado too, this is now a race to get it delivered and enjoy a lot of drives before snow starts falling and it spends a lot of time garaged.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on the impending delivery @bso55 !

The lack of rhyme or reason and the complete lack of communication have pretty much turned me off on ordering another Ford, unless they come out with something that is supremely compelling. Even though I despise C#@vy, the Electric Silverado is now on my radar. Also waiting to see what Dodge (I can't call them "Ram" - just seems stupid) comes out with.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Congrats on the impending delivery @bso55 !

The lack of rhyme or reason and the complete lack of communication have pretty much turned me off on ordering another Ford, unless they come out with something that is supremely compelling. Even though I despise C#@vy, the Electric Silverado is now on my radar. Also waiting to see what Dodge (I can't call them "Ram" - just seems stupid) comes out with.
As someone who is currently watching their dad's lengthy struggle to get a C8, I can assure you that the ordering process from Chevy is NOT better lol. Unless you enjoy relying on and trusting dealers for everything.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
As someone who is currently watching their dad's lengthy struggle to get a C8, I can assure you that the ordering process from Chevy is NOT better lol. Unless you enjoy relying on and trusting dealers for everything.
Kind of sounds like the demand for in-demand cars makes it challenging for everyone. ?

Tbh, I've never cared so much about the production journey of a car before. I've learned quite a bit on these forums about the transit process and while it's frustrating to have a visibility gap on the factory line/chip hold, it's been nice to know others are in the same boat. Misery loves company.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a friend in same boat as your dad, not pretty.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Holy smokes! Congrats @Twuntish on your car being shipped.

My GT-PE (Grabber Blue, Blue roof, no other options) build week was supposed to start today. Surprise, it's been pushed back. Hopefully, my build and ship will be as quick as yours.
Have a similar spec, but with the black roof, naturally wanted the 360 camera but as I don't do glass roofs and Ford doesn't think GTPE is good enough to have such options separate :(. My build date when back n forth like a yo-yo and was in production for ages but ended up arriving at the dealer a couple of weeks before the delivery estimate, thankfully just before I went away for a week so could make sure to remind the dealer to not attach the front plate bracket as requested. So you may still end up getting it sooner that expected.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Well, Just got an update on my GT.

Reserved November 2020 (way late to the game)
Converted to order on 4/27
Build week of 8/30
Build date 8/31 - It stayed here for a few weeks for a chip.
Shipped date 9/28
ETA 10/2

Unless Ford built some new high speed rail in secret, I don't see the car making it here by Saturday.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
Well, Just got an update on my GT.

Reserved November 2020 (way late to the game)
Converted to order on 4/27
Build week of 8/30
Build date 8/31 - It stayed here for a few weeks for a chip.
Shipped date 9/28
ETA 10/2

Unless Ford built some new high speed rail in secret, I don't see the car making it here by Saturday.
That would be a record! From my own experience maybe the ETA is right and the shipped date is wrong?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That would be a record! From my own experience maybe the ETA is right and the shipped date is wrong?
Tracker has just had it as in production until this morning. Unless it was actually sitting somewhere closer waiting on the chip.

It would be cool if it came in, the Drive Electric Week event is this weekend.

secretvampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Gray MME GT
Country flag
Things are definitely moving much faster for newer builds, I just got my build complete notification! This is a base GT in DMG, no pano roof.

Ordered on 4/27
"Received" on 4/29 (this is in the seg.fyi tracker)
Build week of 9/20, actual start date was 9/25
Completed build date of 9/27 and now in "Awaiting Shipment" status
ETA of 10/31 - 11/6

I think I might actually see this damn car in a few weeks!!!
Sponsored