Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
@cloud9 @Frankie

As others have shared, use this link below... input your reservation # and click the link to the ford login below that. You will get the more detailed view of your order, the view online order people have

https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/#/findvin
Ah, thank you. I thought I'd gone to all the different links, but this one does indeed have the scheduled for 7/11/21 info.
Sponsored

THXDIAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VOLVO XC90 T8, MUSTANG GT CONV
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
GTPE. Order #1066XXXX. Dark Matter Gray, Co-Pilot 360, Interior Protection Pkg, Glass roof. Reserved 2/19/21. Ordered 4/28/21. $69,440 w/ delivery. NO dealer mark-up.
Have not received any production communication.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
A VIN already for July builds is actually early compared to what was going on last year. I'll probably try to get the VIN by calling Ford later this month. I hate contacting the dealer for anything. I'd rather there was no dealer involved at all.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
A VIN already for July builds is actually early...

My understanding is that VINs have always been available from the time the build week is assigned regardless of how far out into the future it is.

It is also my understanding that, last year and earlier this year, window stickers could typically be downloaded up to a month or so before the scheduled build week. But now, they are only being made available about a week prior.

Perhaps you were thinking of the timing of window stickers being issued rather than VINs?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Perhaps you were thinking of the timing of window stickers being issued rather than VINs?
yes, probably. I just called Ford with the dealer order #, name/address and Ford marketing gave me the VIN number over the phone. They said to call back during the build week to get a ETA to dealer.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
Last edited:

Sagacity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT/PE, 2015 Limited Edition Mustang GT 0146
Occupation
Network Administrator
Country flag
Got an email from ford yesterday for my GTPE
"Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of July 19, 2021. "
Reservation # XX16129
order date 4/27/2021
:p:D

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
So looks were seeing scheduling for:

GTPE builds with reservations # 16,xxx +
GT builds with reservation # in 40,xxx +

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
So looks were seeing scheduling for:

GTPE builds with reservations # 16,xxx +
GT builds with reservation # in 40,xxx +
Which in itself is sort of odd if that is the case. But one PE above seems to be in the 60k's? There must be some sort of method between the pre-order # and date and the actual order date. being that my GT and a GTPE are scheduled the same 7/19 start, that tells me the PE and GT probably aren't separated much on the build week.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There must be some sort of method between the pre-order # and date and the actual order date.
Another potential factor in how orders are being prioritized is logistics. Based on what I've read on this forum, a large contributor to delivery time right now is the currently over-burdened rail system, which is causing vehicles to sit in train-yards waiting for available capacity to move them on to the next destination. Perhaps Ford is attempting to incorporate this into the production side by scheduling vehicles to come out of assembly based on the availability of rail transport to the region of the country they are ultimately (or even preliminarily) headed. I'm just speculating, but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Another potential factor in how orders are being prioritized is logistics. Based on what I've read on this forum, a large contributor to delivery time right now is the currently over-burdened rail system, which is causing vehicles to sit in train-yards waiting for available capacity to move them on to the next destination. Perhaps Ford is attempting to incorporate this into the production side by scheduling vehicles to come out of assembly based on the availability of rail transport to the region of the country they are ultimately (or even preliminarily) headed. I'm just speculating, but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.
I was thinking that, but then I see above a 7/19 build week going to Utah, and then my 7/19 order is going to Maryland.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was thinking that, but then I see above a 7/19 build week going to Utah, and then my 7/19 order is going to Maryland.
Sure - and that's not surprising since I'd expect the scheduling to be a very complex problem space with many variables including multiple rail providers / routing options / capacity limitations / etc.

I guess my thought was something like:

If an order with reservation number N is scheduled for build week M while another order with reservation number N - 1000 is schedule for build week M + 1, maybe its because some combination of known logistics parameters has revealed that building the lower-numbered order a week later isn't going to change when the vehicle will ultimately reach the customer's hands. Instead, maybe it would only change how long it sits around at some intermediate destination waiting for a spot to become available on one of several possible rail cars. And maybe, by contrast, if we wait a week to build order N, it won't reach that customer's hands for an additional week, or maybe even two or three or more weeks as compared to when it will reach them if we build it the week prior.

I'm just spitballing obviously, but given how intricate the logistics industry is, that's the sort of trade-off that I could imagine might be involved. Just my thoughts.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I'm just spitballing obviously, but given how intricate the logistics industry is, that's the sort of trade-off that I could imagine might be involved. Just my thoughts.
I'm going back to my theory of a guy sitting around drinking beer and throwing darts at the scheduling board.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
It will be interesting to see at what point the 2022 GTs become available. I'm loving my Premium AWD X, but man o man, I can see myself wanting the GT Performance by the time 2022 rolls around.
Sponsored