Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thank you!

I went and checked my order online.

Order Num: 109XXXXX
Ordered: 5/27/2021, no reservation
Production Week: 9/5/2021

Grabber Blue GT w/ Active Co-Pilot 360 Blue Cruise capable whatever they call it.
Sponsored

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
Why is my build week behind people with no reservation, and a higher order number?
I don’t understand Fords priority queuing.

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, F250, 2000 Lightning
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
agreed. It would be nice for Ford to step in and tell us how they determined build weeks. Especially since they have a "presence" on this forum.

vakane

First Name
Rinel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Optima, 2006 Toyota Corolla, 1970 Ford mustang
Occupation
banker
Country flag
It’s pretty disappointing that reservation numbers at the end are some sort of gimmick and pretty much it’s a roulette who gets their car first.

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
agreed. It would be nice for Ford to step in and tell us how they determined build weeks. Especially since they have a "presence" on this forum.
I wouldn't if I was Ford. Anything that's not reservation/order order (and it's clear that's not the case) will make some people unhappy, even if there's a legitimate reason.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I agree completely. My reservation was made Nov 2019 and mine has been built this week. It is not right that others who have waited such a long time are not given priority. I would find that very discouraging and Ford should make this right and explain on the forum what has happened. GT and GTPE reservations are $60 - 70,000 after all!

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
I just called Ford and what they said is that while your reservation does play a role in the order of your build, it's not the only factor.

Things like:
  • Where your car is getting delivered
  • Who your dealer is
  • What your config is
  • etc..
All play a part. SO I guess because I live in a relatively small town and as a result ordered through a relatively small dealership I get pushed back in the line.

Knowing this I would have placed my order at a much larger dealership in Denver.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Thank you!

I went and checked my order online.

Order Num: 109XXXXX
Ordered: 5/27/2021, no reservation
Production Week: 9/5/2021

Grabber Blue GT w/ Active Co-Pilot 360 Blue Cruise capable whatever they call it.
This gives me a little hope that maybe I'll get a production week in the next one or two rounds of orders. Mine was put in mid June so we'll see.

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
I just called Ford and what they said is that while your reservation does play a role in the order of your build, it's not the only factor.

Things like:
  • Where your car is getting delivered
  • Who your dealer is
  • What your config is
  • etc..
All play a part. SO I guess because I live in a relatively small town and as a result ordered through a relatively small dealership I get pushed back in the line.

Knowing this I would have placed my order at a much larger dealership in Denver.
This.

Ford is going to prioritize these in a way to get the most bang for their buck. Popular colors, trim level, options, etc. are all going into these decisions. Likely it is an algorithm they cam up with and the systems just do the calculation and feed the orders in.

Dear1nc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
This.

Ford is going to prioritize these in a way to get the most bang for their buck. Popular colors, trim level, options, etc. are all going into these decisions. Likely it is an algorithm they cam up with and the systems just do the calculation and feed the orders in.
I ordered my car a month before these guys who are getting build dates and haven’t heard a word! If I preordered my car a year ago I’d be livid!!!

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Well, this is going much faster than I expected!

I ordered my GT in early June, no advance reservation. I see now that it's scheduled for production in late August.

I was thinking of changing the color. Am I too late now?

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Well, this is going much faster than I expected!

I ordered my GT in early June, no advance reservation. I see now that it's scheduled for production in late August.

I was thinking of changing the color. Am I too late now?
Actually what color did you have? Curious because I went with space white with advanced tech package and pano roof.

Unfortunately I can't see my status because I ordered through the dealer and so far they don't have a VIN for me to attach it to ford pass

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Actually what color did you have? Curious because I went with space white with advanced tech package and pano roof.

Unfortunately I can't see my status because I ordered through the dealer and so far they don't have a VIN for me to attach it to ford pass
I ordered red, but now I'm kind of wanting silver.

Maletone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Product Security Engineer
Country flag
It seems like the production has very little relation to the date of order. Seems like optional packages seem to make a bigger difference. I only ordered my GT July 4th, so haven't heard anything yet, but seems like ordering a stock GT with no additional options is probably the fastest route to a build date.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Want to add in another point of data from myself.

No reservation but ordered mine (GT PE) on 4/28, dealer put it in a few days later. Just checked the website and have a production date of 8/29.
Sponsored