Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
We ordered on July 23 and currently have a build date of 10/25. Dealer is saying we could have it by Thanksgiving, but I think that is very wishful thinking. What do you think our chances are of getting it before the end of the year.

Not that big of a deal (we were originally expecting February based on the lead times), but it would be nice.
I converted my GT-PE reservation to an order on 4/27. I do not expect delivery before Thanksgiving since my production week is still out in the future and has been pushed back. I really don’t know what to think about the chances of yours being delivered before the end of the year because there doesn’t seem to be any logic behind how Ford is prioritizing orders. If I were a betting man, I would say that most orders for 2021s will be delivered before the end of the year but there will be a portion not delivered until 2022 some time.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I converted my GT-PE reservation to an order on 4/27. I do not expect delivery before Thanksgiving since my production week is still out in the future and has been pushed back. I really don’t know what to think about the chances of yours being delivered before the end of the year because there doesn’t seem to be any logic behind how Ford is prioritizing orders. If I were a betting man, I would say that most orders for 2021s will be delivered before the end of the year but there will be a portion not delivered until 2022 some time.
When did you pre-order? Mine was 2/26/20 and order 4/29 and just built yesterday, awaiting ship. Maybe they are generally going by preorder date, but with the chips caveat byumping some a bit depending on logistics and shuffling of the hold pile.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
When did you pre-order? Mine was 2/26/20 and order 4/29 and just built yesterday, awaiting ship. Maybe they are generally going by preorder date, but with the chips caveat byumping some a bit depending on logistics and shuffling of the hold pile.
My reservation was a bit more than a year after yours. Having seen people post that they have build weeks before mine and had no reservation makes me fuzzy on how Ford is prioritizing things.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My reservation was a bit more than a year after yours. Having seen people post that they have build weeks before mine and had no reservation makes me fuzzy on how Ford is prioritizing things.
yeah, reservations should come first period.. that is the whole purpose of pre-ordering.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
yeah, reservations should come first period.. that is the whole purpose of pre-ordering.
As stated in the Grumpy thread, it’s either Abbott and Costello or The Bowery Boys doing the prioritizing. ?

vakane

First Name
Rinel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Optima, 2006 Toyota Corolla, 1970 Ford mustang
Occupation
banker
Country flag
I think it’s all about what dealer you used and their allocation.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
At this point I can only hope that the car delivers before 12/31, so I can take the tax credit this tax season. It's likely going to be close in all reality, unless things take a turn for the worse. uggh
I felt the same way in the waning days of 2017 waiting for my 17 Bolt. I went to my dealer and we went ahead and did the paperwork and completed the sale on New Years Eve in 17, but the car didn't actually arrive until February 6, 2018.

As I recall we proceeded to sign and date the paperwork, and they held it without without processing anything. I believe they had a simply written agreement for me to sign that they would not proceed with turning in the paperwork and that I could cancel the sale until 48 hours after the car was ready for pick up, but that otherwise the sale was legally binding - if that makes sense.

There is a due sheet of items that must be completed for the transaction to be finalized - usually things like fix a paint chip and add floor mats - we put on it that they had to deliver and let me inspect the car, and add anything to the due sheet that needed fixing (like paint chips). This was a legit way to postpone processing the paperwork.

Fortunately I did not apply for carpool stickers that day, and I fudged that date on the sticker application to 2/18 which kept my stickers valid until the end of this year. If you are in CA I'd suggest you consider the same.

To eulogize the Bolt, it was a great car, but when I had the opportunity to sell that 86,000 mile Bolt back to GM for $38,500 - I took it. IF I get a VIN on my MMe before the end of the year I might ask my Ford dealer if they can "sell" me the car in much the same manner. They may prefer not to given that the DMAs are so high on the vehicles that they are hoping I don't wait for it, or they may say what the Chevy dealer did was shady...

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
My glimmer just transitioned into a cloud-free sunny day☀?

Car is getting delivered to MI dealer tonight ? sadly i'm in IL with a newborn, so crafty planning underway
OK, you are tired, I get that... But lets ask the moderators if they can scrub this post from existence.

Some day little baby (Constance?) will be able to go out onto the interwebs and if she sees that daddy was sad to be stuck at home with the new baby because his crappy 14 year old electric mustang with a giant crack in the windshield from where he hit that racoon at 125 mph meant more to him than she did...?

Congratulations on the car AND the Baby!

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
i won't see mine until 2022, i ordered this month. plenty of time to see what the fine congress has in store for the EV buyers in 2022.

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag
Mine shows built 9-15-21 and waiting for shipping with the built bubble checked on shop.ford. On fyi it shows shipped 9-18-22. Not sure any of this means it was actually chipped or chipped and shipped.

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Looks like my April 20 2021 order got pushed again. From 9/11 build date to 9/27 to 10/4 now 10/14. Might just cancel this order and get a 22 MY lol whatever