GT Mass email - confirms starting order and delivery dates

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I just got my first email from Ford on the GT status. Nothing really new, but it does confirm deliveries expected to start in late summer 2021.
I went to my reservation page, and I see it now shows that Orders begin in December. We'd already heard that but I'm not sure we'd seen that officially.

Orders begin December 2020
Mustang Mach-E GT
IN PROGRESS

11/18/2019
Reservation Date
Reservation Number
View
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Mass email - confirms starting order and delivery dates HJ&angleNo=21&viewType=exterior&width=485&height=0
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Even so, it's nice to have the confirmation that all of our intel was right. Besides, for folks who are not so well informed, they need this input.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
I didn’t get an email, but I only reserved this past weekend. Though, I noticed the “Orders begin December 2020” after making the rez.

Order number is in the 80000’s.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's why First Editions are really the fastest Mach Es. 0-60 at least six months faster than a GT.

Honhme

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity PHEV; 2018 Ioniq EV
Occupation
State employee
Country flag
I have a reservation for the Select edition. I currently have a leased vehicle with the lease to end in April 2021. When the delivery dates were first announced, the 1st QTR of 2021 made sense. I went to my Ford dealer yesterday and was told that the Select edition delivery is 12 weeks from order date. He suggested that I delay placing my order until the end of the year. Any thoughts from anyone. Thanks

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have a reservation for the Select edition. I currently have a leased vehicle with the lease to end in April 2021. When the delivery dates were first announced, the 1st QTR of 2021 made sense. I went to my Ford dealer yesterday and was told that the Select edition delivery is 12 weeks from order date. He suggested that I delay placing my order until the end of the year. Any thoughts from anyone. Thanks
Sure. Wait to see what real-life deliver times are this Fall then convert your reservation to an order near the end of the year.
Sponsored