GT OEM Front Lip Spoiler - do owners like it or some going aftermarket?

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
I have a GT PE on order (hopefully around Christmas) so looking for a few mods early on as Christmas presents ;). I have a couple of minor items picked out like a rear lip spoiler, side window louvers, floormats, etc. I was looking at the front lip spoiler. What it comes stock looks pretty good and definitely makes is stand out more from the regular MME. The AOSK front lip for the GT looks almost to low but maybe the car it was mounted to was dropped?? Here is a pic below.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT OEM Front Lip Spoiler - do owners like it or some going aftermarket? 1668963063216

So are most happy with the looks of the factory front lip? If one desires something more sporty or aggressive, what options are out there other than the AOSK option? I already have a lowered car and don't want to worry about hitting curbs, etc. as this is more for the wife's ride. Love to see some pics of examples ;)
Sponsored

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
This seems like a small pothole would destroy it. Remember the GT is already lower than the regular MME.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
I have a Premium but when checking out the GT PE at the dealership I was pretty surprised at how well constructed the splitter was - it's a solid, well-engineered piece of the body. I doubt replacing it with a three piece aftermarket job would be as good. It's nice and thick.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
I have a Premium but when checking out the GT PE at the dealership I was pretty surprised at how well constructed the splitter was - it's a solid, well-engineered piece of the body. I doubt replacing it with a three piece aftermarket job would be as good. It's nice and thick.
Thanks for the info. You make some great points as I only got to see a GT in person for a few minutes and didn't look at all those details as close as I would have liked (was mainly interested in test driving it). This is something I can definitely put off until I see it in person and then make a decision.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
This seems like a small pothole would destroy it. Remember the GT is already lower than the regular MME.
Good points. I see you have a GT so I assume your pretty happy with the aesthetics of it. I will put this idea off until I spend some quality time driving it.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Good points. I see you have a GT so I assume your pretty happy with the aesthetics of it. I will put this idea off until I spend some quality time driving it.
Honestly I wish they had made the GT a little more aggressive but the front is one area I do really like and don’t feel like it needs more.
I think seeing how you like it first is a good idea.

BTRYPWRDPONY

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE GTPE DMG
Country flag
I have a GT PE on order (hopefully around Christmas) so looking for a few mods early on as Christmas presents ;). I have a couple of minor items picked out like a rear lip spoiler, side window louvers, floormats, etc. I was looking at the front lip spoiler. What it comes stock looks pretty good and definitely makes is stand out more from the regular MME. The AOSK front lip for the GT looks almost to low but maybe the car it was mounted to was dropped?? Here is a pic below.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT OEM Front Lip Spoiler - do owners like it or some going aftermarket? 1668963063216

So are most happy with the looks of the factory front lip? If one desires something more sporty or aggressive, what options are out there other than the AOSK option? I already have a lowered car and don't want to worry about hitting curbs, etc. as this is more for the wife's ride. Love to see some pics of examples ;)
I know it's a nighttime pic, but the OE spoiler is awesome on the GTPE.

PXL_20221022_232256035~2.jpg

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Not a fan of the biplane look of the aftermarket valence extension. The factory splitter on the GT is a bit on the small side. I wouldn’t be averse to a mild horizontal extension of the splitter. 🤔🐩

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag

WarpFactor9

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Rapid Red Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I agree. I have a premium and bought the AOSK three piece unit but decided not to install it after I saw how it was built. Not only is it three pieces but it is basically. The underside is open and not at all aerodynamic. I Know know these splitters are mainly for looks but I was concerned about taking a range hit.

This web page has some good photos of the underside of the spliitter: https://ev-vida.store/products/mach-e-front-lip-from-aosk

I also verified another brand, Maxton Design, which is a one piece splitter is also made like this. Many of the splitters made for Teslas have a smooth aerodynamic underside and would seem to provide the needed low drag air flow under the bumper. I am no aerodynamic expert though, so maybe that’s not a concern. But hearing how the GT splitter is built has me thinking I will wait for a better made part.
Sponsored