Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
I see you are in (and at least one other person in this thread) the STL area. Do you get ceramic or any other kind of paint protection done? Do you have any recommendations of shops in the area?

Also car looks great - thanks for the write up!

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I see you are in (and at least one other person in this thread) the STL area. Do you get ceramic or any other kind of paint protection done? Do you have any recommendations of shops in the area?

Also car looks great - thanks for the write up!
For PPF (clear bra) and tint I use Precision Detailing. They do basically all of the Teslas in STL. They're always slammed and it takes time to get PPF done but he does good work. For ceramic I have a friend who used to be a professional detailer that since changed jobs and does it on the side now for reasonable pricing. I can put him in contact with anyone local that needs it done. He does it on all my cars and does great work.

Debangor

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I picked up a GT PE at MSRP with no extra dealer BS in the middle of nowhere northeast Connecticut on Friday. Took me about 30 hours to get home including one stop to sleep for about 6-7 hours. Here is my experience and economy info.
GTPE.jpg

The PE seats are super comfortable to road trip in. The butt cushion feels the same as the other trims, but the back is more aggressive. If you are extremely wide it may be an issue but for normal to large people (I'm 6'2", 220lbs) they're good and comfortable.

Here are my list of stops, all 8 were EA stations. I drove between 75-78mph the whole way except when there was traffic. Mi/kWh were what the trip computer told me. Not calculated.
Eastford CT - Start at 98% SoC
Ennis CT - No charge, stop to visit a friend
Newburgh NY - EA did not bill me or my FordPass bundle. Estimated charge was 37kWh, but I didn't write it down or the economy.
Bloomsburg PA - 52kWh 2.7mi/kWh
DuBois PA - 54kWh 2.4mi/kWh
Girard (Youngstown) Ohio - 45kWh 2.4 mi/kWh
Day 2 I had issues with all 4 charging stops.
Mansfield Ohio - 37kWh 2.5mi/kWh
Huber Heights Ohio - 35kWh 2.5 mi/kWh - this charger limited to 34kW max it took forever. I tried all 6 there and called EA. I was not the only one with issues.
Indianapolis, IN - 28 kWh 2.4mi/kWh - IN had the interstate closed for construction on a Friday afternoon so this was a horrible section.
Effinham, IL - 52kWh 2.5 mi/kWh
Home ~18% SoC

I was really happy with the economy. For how fast I was going it did great.

This message is for EA. FIX YOUR CHARGERS!!!!! Day 1, all 4 stops I had 0 issues. It was wonderful. Day 2 I had tons of problems. All chargers day 2 were 2018 build signet units.
Mansfield - Charger stuck on "unplug". Max charging speed is 70kW after a brief stint above 100kW. Lady in E-Tron was only getting 41kW!
Huber Heights - 34kW max no matter what charger was used. Called EA and talked to someone in an ID4. The ID4 told me they have always been like this (they bought the car a month ago). Looking in plugshare logs this is a known issue at this site and EA has not fixed it.
Indianapolis - First charger was limited to 34kW. I called EA and asked them to reset the other 350kW charger because it was also stuck on 'pleas unplug'. They did and that charger did a proper 130kW and slowly tapered down to 80kW.
Effingham - Continually went to 70kW. One time I heard what sounded like a giant contactor closing and it immediately went down to 70kW. Replugging fixed the issue briefly. I do not believe this is the car as day 1 there were none of these issues and it charged as expected.

Bluecruise works pretty well. It is simply lane centering that allows you to remove your hands on the easy parts. Video I took here:

This car rides better than my FE does. I'm not sure why it does but it feels less bouncy and honestly more forgiving. The tires were at 42PSI too so a little overinflated.

This car is fast. It is pretty incredible how quick it was. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it it great. It has a hard button to turn traction control off and you can even turn ESC off if you hold it for 10 seconds. It also has the "Unbridled extended" track mode which limits power and ESC/TC for track use.

My brand new car now has 1200 miles on it but it's home and I'm really happy with it. The newer software updates make everything feel better, it feels a lot more finished than my FE does even today with the older software. I programmed a second key to this car and am going to do software updates on it shortly after making this video. There are updates available for the RFA, PCM, SOBDM and B/C.

Final note. Tesla still wins for road tripping. Hands down. The charging network is so broken for EA and Ford's charge curves just aren't acceptable for reasonable road tripping. The charge curves are supposed to be addressed some - I've heard rumors, but EA needs to figure their network out.
Was the charger in Bloomsburg PA at a Sheetz? I am being directed there when I head to the Lorton Amtrak auto train from upstate NY and am hoping it has good reviews. One of the other chargers is taking me off I-81 to Oneonta for a charge, which looks like it is way off course and I am going to have to double back quite a distance to get back on I-81.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Was the charger in Bloomsburg PA at a Sheetz? I am being directed there when I head to the Lorton Amtrak auto train from upstate NY and am hoping it has good reviews. One of the other chargers is taking me off I-81 to Oneonta for a charge, which looks like it is way off course and I am going to have to double back quite a distance to get back on I-81.
Yup at a sheetz and it worked fine. I got about 125kW that slowly tapered to 80kW as it charged. ABB chargers there.

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
Nice, guessing you found an unclaimed one?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Nice, guessing you found an unclaimed one?
Yessir that’s correct. Mechanic at the dealer ordered it and didn’t take delivery.

jdunc87

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT PE, 20 Mustang GT 401A PP1, 21 F150
Occupation
make stuff go faster
Country flag
Your PE is IDENTICAL to what I’ve got ordered. Only mine has shown “in production” for the last 5-6 days ?…

love the review of how charging goes… sort of. My wife and I don’t travel a ton and it will be her DD. She will charge either at the house or at work. If we travel it’s only mostly to NWOhio as we have family there and we live in Central Ohio. Hopefully the network gets better. We’ve got a long way to go before we rely more heavily on EVs..

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yessir that’s correct. Mechanic at the dealer ordered it and didn’t take delivery.
He probably opened the frunk, thought “I can’t work on this” and passed. Doesn’t want to drive something that may make his job obsolete.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Thanks for the review! beautiful car! I ordered a GTPE and just received word that it should arrive at the dealer on 10.29. I mostly ordered the GTPE because it has the upgraded magneride suspension. I’m hoping it takes a bit of the bounciness away. Appreciate your input since you drive two different trims.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Re the software update, I just have two questions:
1. How is the tic tac toe?
2. If you toggle off the alarm interior motion sensors in settings, do they stay off after you restart the car?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I picked up a GT PE at MSRP with no extra dealer BS in the middle of nowhere northeast Connecticut on Friday. Took me about 30 hours to get home including one stop to sleep for about 6-7 hours. Here is my experience and economy info.
GTPE.jpg

The PE seats are super comfortable to road trip in. The butt cushion feels the same as the other trims, but the back is more aggressive. If you are extremely wide it may be an issue but for normal to large people (I'm 6'2", 220lbs) they're good and comfortable.

Here are my list of stops, all 8 were EA stations. I drove between 75-78mph the whole way except when there was traffic. Mi/kWh were what the trip computer told me. Not calculated.
Eastford CT - Start at 98% SoC
Ennis CT - No charge, stop to visit a friend
Newburgh NY - EA did not bill me or my FordPass bundle. Estimated charge was 37kWh, but I didn't write it down or the economy.
Bloomsburg PA - 52kWh 2.7mi/kWh
DuBois PA - 54kWh 2.4mi/kWh
Girard (Youngstown) Ohio - 45kWh 2.4 mi/kWh
Day 2 I had issues with all 4 charging stops.
Mansfield Ohio - 37kWh 2.5mi/kWh
Huber Heights Ohio - 35kWh 2.5 mi/kWh - this charger limited to 34kW max it took forever. I tried all 6 there and called EA. I was not the only one with issues.
Indianapolis, IN - 28 kWh 2.4mi/kWh - IN had the interstate closed for construction on a Friday afternoon so this was a horrible section.
Effinham, IL - 52kWh 2.5 mi/kWh
Home ~18% SoC

I was really happy with the economy. For how fast I was going it did great.

This message is for EA. FIX YOUR CHARGERS!!!!! Day 1, all 4 stops I had 0 issues. It was wonderful. Day 2 I had tons of problems. All chargers day 2 were 2018 build signet units.
Mansfield - Charger stuck on "unplug". Max charging speed is 70kW after a brief stint above 100kW. Lady in E-Tron was only getting 41kW!
Huber Heights - 34kW max no matter what charger was used. Called EA and talked to someone in an ID4. The ID4 told me they have always been like this (they bought the car a month ago). Looking in plugshare logs this is a known issue at this site and EA has not fixed it.
Indianapolis - First charger was limited to 34kW. I called EA and asked them to reset the other 350kW charger because it was also stuck on 'pleas unplug'. They did and that charger did a proper 130kW and slowly tapered down to 80kW.
Effingham - Continually went to 70kW. One time I heard what sounded like a giant contactor closing and it immediately went down to 70kW. Replugging fixed the issue briefly. I do not believe this is the car as day 1 there were none of these issues and it charged as expected.

Bluecruise works pretty well. It is simply lane centering that allows you to remove your hands on the easy parts. Video I took here:

This car rides better than my FE does. I'm not sure why it does but it feels less bouncy and honestly more forgiving. The tires were at 42PSI too so a little overinflated.

This car is fast. It is pretty incredible how quick it was. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it it great. It has a hard button to turn traction control off and you can even turn ESC off if you hold it for 10 seconds. It also has the "Unbridled extended" track mode which limits power and ESC/TC for track use.

My brand new car now has 1200 miles on it but it's home and I'm really happy with it. The newer software updates make everything feel better, it feels a lot more finished than my FE does even today with the older software. I programmed a second key to this car and am going to do software updates on it shortly after making this video. There are updates available for the RFA, PCM, SOBDM and B/C.

Final note. Tesla still wins for road tripping. Hands down. The charging network is so broken for EA and Ford's charge curves just aren't acceptable for reasonable road tripping. The charge curves are supposed to be addressed some - I've heard rumors, but EA needs to figure their network out.
Well, congratulations, sir, on a forum first. This is hands down the first truly objective and truly helpful review of BlueCruise posted. I wanted to know how the eyeball tracking worked - you answered that. It seems to do fine on gentle turns and well-striped roads, but according to you its lane centering isn’t really an enhancement over standard CP360, and I believe you.

How many seconds does the eye nanny give you?

Reactions: ARK

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, I have the grabber blue FE and I did a 500 mile road trip to bring it home. I also would have done the same exact evaluation as you if I had access to BC. I think we’ve made a match.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
This is an excellent review, thank you for sharing, especially the Blue Cruise portion. The video really shows the strengths and limitations of Blue Cruise in a way I have not seen on other videos (like Sandy Munro’s).
Sponsored