GT PE Seats - Headrests

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
I just drove my GT PE that came in and loved it...except I had a small issue with the seats. For me, the headrests seemed to push the back of my head a bit too far forward which was a little noticeable and uncomfortable.

Unfortunately I understand that these are adjustable on the Premium but not on the GTs...

Perhaps this is something I will get used to, but it makes me a little nervous.

Curious if any other GT owners had this issue initially and found any way to deal with it?

Thanks.
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
That is so odd. For my head to touch the headrest I have to lean my head back so this is a non-issue for me. I do lean back further than most people so this likely contributes. Do you sit pretty much straight up?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The headrests on my GT-PE are a bit forward for my tastes. The one in the driver’s seat touches my head, but forces my head too far forward when I am wearing a helmet. It’s also kind of a mess with a cowboy hat. ??

OP
OP

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Loving picturing you driving it around in your cowboy hat....yeeeehah for sure!

breeves002 - if I tilt the back to slant a bit more and I sit up straight it doesnt touch, but if I slouch back even a little bit, I feel it pushing my head forward at a slightly uncomfortable angle.

I just wonder if there is a way to adjust it somehow, impress the cushion so its less stuff or something. Argh - love the car and just wish this was adjustable like it is on the Premium....

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Loving picturing you driving it around in your cowboy hat....yeeeehah for sure!

breeves002 - if I tilt the back to slant a bit more and I sit up straight it doesnt touch, but if I slouch back even a little bit, I feel it pushing my head forward at a slightly uncomfortable angle.

I just wonder if there is a way to adjust it somehow, impress the cushion so its less stuff or something. Argh - love the car and just wish this was adjustable like it is on the Premium....
Very odd, I have 0 issues with it. I must just sit differently than others that have expressed this issue.

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx-9, Mustang Mach-e GT (on order)
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The headrests on my GT-PE are a bit forward for my tastes. The one in the driver’s seat touches my head, but forces my head too far forward when I am wearing a helmet. It’s also kind of a mess with a cowboy hat. ??
When I read this last part about the Cowboy hat and the helmet I immediately thought of these. So are you making a new version of Smokey and the Bandit? Who are you playing, The Bandit?
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT PE Seats - Headrests Screenshot_20211201-192241_Chrome

or Buford T. Justice?
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT PE Seats - Headrests Screenshot_20211201-192819_Chrome

Or Both? Fill me in! ?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I sit straight up in my GT (good posture is good) and the GT's adjustable headrest is a welcome addition as I have it only 1 click forward from the full rearward position and that feels like I'm resting my head against it most of the time.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
When I read this last part about the Cowboy hat and the helmet I immediately thought of these. So are you making a new version of Smokey and the Bandit? Who are you playing, The Bandit?
Screenshot_20211201-192241_Chrome.jpg

or Buford T. Justice?
Screenshot_20211201-192819_Chrome.jpg

Or Both? Fill me in! ?
Well, I am the original owner of a black 1979 Trans Am... Pulled the anemic Olds 403 when I got it home and put in a built high compression PMD 455, threw in Herb Adams VSE suspension as raced on the Trans-Am circuit and in the Rolex 24 from '79-'81. Threw in a 12-bolt from a '70 Firebird with 2.56:1 gears, Moser axles, c-clip eliminator. Been modding it ever since.

I'm neither actually. I'm just a dog with a speed addiction. ??

To paraphrase Sheriff Buford T. Justice: "There is no way, NO WAY you could have come from my loins. Joonyah, when we get home I'm gonna kick your momma in da butt!" ??

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I sit straight up in my GT (good posture is good) and the GT's adjustable headrest is a welcome addition as I have it only 1 click forward from the full rearward position and that feels like I'm resting my head against it most of the time.
Probably explains it, I have terrible posture and I don’t think my head has touched the headrest in any car I’ve ever driven.

Unless the seat is all the way flat and I’m trying to take a nap (or make out in the early days of driving).

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Probably explains it, I have terrible posture and I don’t think my head has touched the headrest in any car I’ve ever driven.

Unless the seat is all the way flat and I’m trying to take a nap (or make out in the early days of driving).
Yeah I sit pretty straight up too, which would explain why my head rubs on the headrest and how wearing a helmet is uncomfortable. Pretty weird that I can't comfortably wear a helmet in a car that has a supposed track mode (Unbridled Extend). ??

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
That is so odd. For my head to touch the headrest I have to lean my head back so this is a non-issue for me. I do lean back further than most people so this likely contributes. Do you sit pretty much straight up?
He's saying "with a helmet on"...helmets increase the volume needed enormously. With "normal" headrests, I had to reverse the headrest to get it to tilt back enough to fit me with a helmet. Can't do that with the Performance Seats...so I'm screwed unless I do seat mods,

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m a girl, 5’7”, so this may have no value. I can’t stand a headrest hitting me in the back of the head or pushing my head forward. I was worried about this because I do have neck problems. My biggest worry when picking up our GTPE. it turned out to be not perfect, but after adjusting the seat back more towards the back i found it perfectly comfortable. Further back than I normally would do in other cars, but it worked just fine, and my head does not touch it. And it seems to be the right height. Go figure!

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
He's saying "with a helmet on"...helmets increase the volume needed enormously. With "normal" headrests, I had to reverse the headrest to get it to tilt back enough to fit me with a helmet. Can't do that with the Performance Seats...so I'm screwed unless I do seat mods,
OP did not say with a helmet on anywhere I can see.

For curiosity I'm going to have to put my helmet on and try it out some time.

OP
OP

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Yeah for me it was not with a helmet on. Helped a bit to just tilt the seat back a little further.
I love the car and cant imagine not taking it over this issue, but its really nagging at me.
I wonder if there are any fixes/mods/workarounds if it remains an issue after I have the car...

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Lean your seat back more.
Sponsored