Mari76

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E FE, 2013 Ford Explorer Limited
Country flag
Same as I am going with, highly recommended by my local Discount Tire store.
I received my order today and just placed an order for same tires. I have appt Friday for installation. I wasn’t sure what tire to go with but ended up going with these. Hope I don’t take a big hit in range switching to these wheels.
Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I received my order today and just placed an order for same tires. I have appt Friday for installation. I wasn’t sure what tire to go with but ended up going with these. Hope I don’t take a big hit in range switching to these wheels.
I think you will really like them, here are a couple of photos so you can see how they look. The guys at Discount Tire had nothing but good to say about them.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 20" wheels now available aftersales for $1430 per set (TPMS included) - Part # M-1007K-M2080 thumbnail_IMG_0234

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 20" wheels now available aftersales for $1430 per set (TPMS included) - Part # M-1007K-M2080 thumbnail_IMG_0235

Last edited:

Mari76

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E FE, 2013 Ford Explorer Limited
Country flag
I think you will really like them, here are a couple of photos so you can see how they look. The guys at Discount Tire had nothing but good to say about them.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 20" wheels now available aftersales for $1430 per set (TPMS included) - Part # M-1007K-M2080 thumbnail_IMG_0235

looks great! Have you noticed any differences in the way the car drives with the new wheels compared to the stock wheels?

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I did not folowed this thread because I thought it is not the best idea to buy them. Now I feel I was wrong. I see how popular they are and I'm curious, what the reason to install GTPE wheels for non GT trims?

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
looks great! Have you noticed any differences in the way the car drives with the new wheels compared to the stock wheels?
Thanks, I haven't driven it many miles yet but it just feels like a better more solid ride so far. I have heard others say the same that they think it drives much better with the wider lower profile wheels.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did not folowed this thread because I thought it is not the best idea to buy them. Now I feel I was wrong. I see how popular they are and I'm curious, what the reason to install GTPE wheels for non GT trims?
For me aesthetics, better ride and performance. To me the wheels on all the trims except the GT are too narrow and look funky on the car. I bought the Ca. Rt. 1 knowing I would change the wheels and when Ford Performance offered them I jumped on it. Other than the grille and the GT badge on the back my car looks just like a GT and has more power than I know what to do with it!

machescott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, Premium AWD
Country flag
Received my order monday and swapped out my original stock 19's on my Premium ER AWD to these 20's. They arrived with the correct center caps so it looks like that issue is all fixed. Went with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires, 245/45/R20 through Discount Tire. Loving the new look and agree with previous post that it seems more stable and not quite so bouncy that experienced with my stock 19's. Glad I Made the switch!!

megtrs

First Name
VICTOR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE / 2018 Ford Focus RS
Country flag
These make a great winter wheel options along with a winter dedicated tire. Brizzaks are a great option to consider.

Mach-e-in-MI

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-PE, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
Received my package this afternoon. Ordered on Friday based on the 20% deal -yee haw! Paid for 2 day Fed-Ex service (it was $9.95 vs $7.95 for ground). The Fed-Ex label was generated first thing Monday morning with delivery scheduled by end of day Tues. Looked it up -Fed-Ex never bothered picking up for 2 days and then delivered the next day. Local metro area delivery.

Noticed it was tagged "ground" so now I wonder if Ford just didn't tag it for the right service level.

Anyways -my kit arrived as expected with the correct center caps, TPMS sensors and re-learn tool.

Box 1 only had a single shipping strap but was intact.

Box 2 had 2 shipping straps, no external damage but contained a rim that had chips on the edge. Arghh!

Quite apparent to me that whomever it was that packaged these wheels just doesn't give a $hit! So frustrating... This was not damage in transit - it was done before they put the wheel in the box.

In my opinion, the wheels come relatively well packaged with plenty of cardboard, a foam insert and dust bag on the wheel face.

So - I am going to call the Ford Parts support line that is mentioned in this thread and get a replacement wheel.

Luckily I am in Detroit metro and these wheels literally came from a parts depot (Troy MI) about 25 miles from my place. Hoping I can just do an in person swap rather than wait for a fed-ex return.

Here's what I received and the pics of the chipped wheel. It may or may not show once the tire is on - but come-on -I paid enough for these wheels -it wasn't a "scratch and dent" sale.

UPDATE: The Performance Parts Place in Detroit will only handle dealer orders. They re-directed me to Ford.

Ford can only do a re-send and return, but that could take 10+ days. They won't immediately cross-ship the replacement wheels even with a CC deposit -they need to get the old ones back, inspect and then ship the replacements.. Told them I am going to place a new order -asked if they could price match original one -they can't do that either... Told them I will then return against the new order and they said -sure -not a problem..

What a complicated process. I understand some limitations but you would think they could be equipped to cross ship w a CC deposit or at least place a new replacement order with price match..

Re-Order with a refund later seems most logical -this way, I get to inspect the new wheels and ensure I have 4 undamaged one since I'll have both sets. Will report back if I get 4 undamaged wheels and complete accessories on the re-order.

PS: The system no longer recognizes my address so it wouldn't ship it to me. I had to place an order for pick-up at the local dealer?!?

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 20" wheels now available aftersales for $1430 per set (TPMS included) - Part # M-1007K-M2080 20221013_145252_HDR (Large)
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 20" wheels now available aftersales for $1430 per set (TPMS included) - Part # M-1007K-M2080 20221013_144105_B HDR (Large)
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 20" wheels now available aftersales for $1430 per set (TPMS included) - Part # M-1007K-M2080 20221013_144136 (Large)
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 20" wheels now available aftersales for $1430 per set (TPMS included) - Part # M-1007K-M2080 20221013_144140_HDR (Large)

Last edited:

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
Interesting to see non-GTPE models with the GTPE wheels. They look good on the photos I saw.

Meanwhile I bought the standard GT wheels to use with my winter tires on my GTPE. Won't be able to spy wheels to know trims quickly anymore! 😂

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Hey new here and I had a few questions. I have a Mach E GT (non-performance) and was looking to get these rims. Did you all have it installed at a Ford dealership or did you take it to a 3rd party shop? If so, what was the price you paid? I'm getting quotes of ~300 to install it at the dealership which seems a bit too much but maybe it is the norm. Also, my non-performance GT tires should fit these rims without any issues correct?

Mach-e-in-MI

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-PE, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
Hey new here and I had a few questions. I have a Mach E GT (non-performance) and was looking to get these rims. Did you all have it installed at a Ford dealership or did you take it to a 3rd party shop? If so, what was the price you paid? I'm getting quotes of ~300 to install it at the dealership which seems a bit too much but maybe it is the norm. Also, my non-performance GT tires should fit these rims without any issues correct?
The tires that came on my MME GT-PE were 245/45 R20 so if they are the same size tire, then I'd assume they fit. I chose a set of Michelin Cross Climate 2 from Costco. Spoke to them already and they said that they don't normally install TPMS sensors purchased elsewhere but since they were OEM, they agreed to install them. They did charge me $20 a tire for mounting and balancing when I ordered the new set.

I am going to bring the wheels into the garage and have them mount and balance but I will install them on the car myself. I'd rather swap them knowing the specific jack points since I don't think they have much experience yet with the MME so I'd rather not chance it. Besides, I intend to run 2 sets of wheels and will swap them in Spring/Fall myself anyways.

Costco would definitely not mount tires they didn't sell but maybe an independent tire shop or one of the tire store chains might do it.

I have an install date later this week. I am just waiting on a 2nd order of this kit as my 1st order had a damaged wheel. Going to return one of the orders once I have a complete set of undamaged wheels. Pay close attention to the wheels and inspect them upon delivery as I'm not the only one to received damaged wheels.

I'd shop around but also know Ford dealerships (QuickLane) are usually pretty competitive on tire prices. Get quotes elsewhere and bring them back to them to see if they'll match it. One thing about using the Ford dealer is that they should be trained on the jack points on the MME.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I'm getting quotes of ~300 to install it at the dealership which seems a bit too much but maybe it is the norm
Dealership trying to charge more than anyone else is definitely the norm. I had my done at Discount Tire. They charged me around $100. Took about an hour.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I recommend @Discount Tire , since my original tires were 18 inch and these are 20's I bought a complete set of new tires. Continental SRS+ in 245/45R20 with an out the door cost of $1035.
Sponsored