Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Mine just arrived and one has a bid dent on it. We’re you able to get them replaced or you didn’t bother since it’s hidden?

35BDABE0-AA2E-47BC-A9CF-9AC5D880B41A.jpeg
No I didn't since it was minor/hidden damage. But you should ask for an RMA with that kind of damage.

Blackpony

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I bought them yesterday at Levittown ford and the price has been reduced to $ 1,089.41, a $340.59 reduction. Fedex shipping is very low too! I tried to buy them from the dealer where i bought my GT and they told me that because they are not a performance dealer they cannot get/sell them? Very odd but they soled me the GT?

Mach-e-in-MI

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-PE, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
To close off on my situation: I received a damaged wheel in the first shipment. Since they were unable to cross ship a replacement (w a credit card deposit) so I could inspect the replacements, I just placed a 2nd order.

The 2nd order also had wheels with some minor chipping/cosmetic damage. I picked the best 4 wheels and sent the 2nd order back through the dealer. Just waiting for my CC to be refunded but no problem w Ford parts on getting an RMA -none of the parts I shipped back were installed or used.

I had an issue with getting Costco to install the Cross Climate 2 All seasons (V-Rated) I ordered since I have the GT Performance Edition and they will only install a Y-Rated since that's what came on my car from the factory. Had to wait 2.5 weeks for Pilot Sport 4 All Seasons to finally arrive and they were so busy, I had to wait 2.5 hours for mounting on the loose wheels (no car intall/tire swap).

I preferred to swap the tires myself. This way, no question whatsover on the lift points for jacking the car up and I hand torqued the lug nuts to 150lbs ft per specs. It also gave me chance to do a thorough cleaning of the calipers. 7,300 miles and they were dirtier that I expected.

FYI: The rear brakes are not Brembo and I must admit -I'm a bit peeved at Ford these days -glad to see their Quality Exec was fired -he should be -given how many recalls and the stories of poor product quality in the last 3 years.

So, I used brake cleaner sprayed onto a blue shop towel to clean the calipers- pretty common process. It's "brake cleaner". No problem on the Brembo front brakes.

With the rear calipers, I noticed some of the red paint had come off onto the shop towel. Seriously?!? They must have shaved a nickel on caliper paint that's not up to spec. -it can't withstand a mild wipe w brake cleaner? So be warned...

Finally -I spent a few hours today cleaning off the summer wheels and putting them in Michelin Tote bags.

FYI: I ordered both the Michelin bags and Kurgo standard bags as I was undecided but really preferred the look of the Michelin totes. They are identical in material thicknes/quality except the Michelin seems a tad better built due to the added yellow piping.

One other difference is the std Kurgo comes with a clear window where you can label each tire right on the tote. It must have been a cost thing that they didn't have the same on the Michelin even though the Michelin totes are more expensive.

I know it's a bit "over the top", but I ordered some clear luggage tags and built my own tote labels customized with a Grabber Blue GT-PE image on the front. ;)

On the back, I write in the date, mileage - as well as whether it's the summer or winter tire and Tread Depth at storage.

I was pleasantly surprised to find all of my tires at 7 or 8 32s after 7,356 miles. My wife's daily driver and she's pretty gentle w her. :p

What I thought would have been a simple seasonal tire swap ended up taking far longer than I thought. Should be a piece of cake next season.

20221105_113502_HDR.jpg

20221106_144854_HDR.jpg

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
After getting two damaged wheels in my first shipment, I ordered a new set and finally got them installed yesterday.

I finally got the wheels i would have ordered to begin with if Ford allowed it with non PE GTs.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 20" wheels now available aftersales for $1430 per set (TPMS included) - Part # M-1007K-M2080 283C0D98-42FB-4A29-95FB-29D97D496CE8

Mach-e-in-MI

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-PE, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
After getting two damaged wheels in my first shipment, I ordered a new set and finally got them installed yesterday.

I finally got the wheels i would have ordered to begin with if Ford allowed it with non PE GTs.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 20" wheels now available aftersales for $1430 per set (TPMS included) - Part # M-1007K-M2080 283C0D98-42FB-4A29-95FB-29D97D496CE8
They are definitely nice. One of the reasons we chose PE on order. Also wanted mag ride and the interior upgrade also a nice touch.

Only thing w these wheels for winter is given all the "nooks and crannies" gonna be a P.I.T.A. to keep them clean. The base GT flower wheels would likely be much easier to wipe down but I do prefer the look of the PE wheels

Enjoy!

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Thanks a lot for this thread guys. Gave me courage to order the wheels for my GT. Ordered them from levittownfordparts who was the cheapest compared to others. Got their standard shipping and there is a coupon which gives half off on shipping. Was really nervous about getting chipped rims after seeing the posts here but was pleasantly surprised how immaculate they came out to be. They shipped 4 boxes and each box had bubble wrap and an additional box inside with the wheel. The ford hub caps were already installed on it and the TPMS sensors were in box number 1. Discount tire did a great job in dismounting my old tires and mounting them on the new wheels. Was in and out in under 1 hour and the price was around 150$ which included them installing some Brembo decals I got off Amazon. My Ford dealership wanted to charge me 300$ for the same.

If someone needs the GT flower wheels in the DMV area, I'm willing to off load them for cheap since I need space back in my garage. They have under 5K miles and don't have any chips or scratches. DM me if interested!

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 20" wheels now available aftersales for $1430 per set (TPMS included) - Part # M-1007K-M2080 mache

Last edited:

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I took advantage of this deal a year ago and now use the original Continental tires on my GTPE wheels with CrossClimate2 tires on the original GT wheels for winter.

gotta say, the GTPE wheels look amazing
and worth the investment!

That’s a brilliant idea on the Brembo stickers, can you send me a link to which ones you got? Thanks!

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 20" wheels now available aftersales for $1430 per set (TPMS included) - Part # M-1007K-M2080 IMG_2512

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
I took advantage of this deal a year ago and now use the original Continental tires on my GTPE wheels with CrossClimate2 tires on the original GT wheels for winter.

gotta say, the GTPE wheels look amazing
and worth the investment!

That’s a brilliant idea on the Brembo stickers, can you send me a link to which ones you got? Thanks!

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition 20" wheels now available aftersales for $1430 per set (TPMS included) - Part # M-1007K-M2080 IMG_2512
You can get it directly from the Brembo store on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DFY5ZG6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Please note, you need the 6 piston variant since the calipers are pretty big and the 4 caliper ones look tiny.