GT Performance Edition vs Standard GT worth it?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
I have noticed a number of people commenting on the different look in terms of the stitching on the seats, etc of the interior.

I didnt see that on the website...where did people see those photos? Thanks

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
I have a GTPE that is supposed to be delivered the week of Sept 20. It doesn't have the pano roof. It does have the Co-Pilot360 and that is included not an option.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I have a GTPE that is supposed to be delivered the week of Sept 20. It doesn't have the pano roof. It does have the Co-Pilot360 and that is included not an option.
My understanding is that configuration is not, and never has been, available on the GTPE. If you order the CoPilot360, they add in (and charge you extra for) the glass roof.

How did you manage to get the CoPilot without the glass roof? That's what I would have ordered, but I could not get it.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
My understanding is that configuration is not, and never has been, available on the GTPE. If you order the CoPilot360, they add in (and charge you extra for) the glass roof.

How did you manage to get the CoPilot without the glass roof? That's what I would have ordered, but I could not get it.
Copilot 360 comes on all Mach-es. What's optional is copilot360 2.0 active which includes bluecruise, active park assist 2.0, and the 360 cameras.

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The panoramic roof was an option when I ordered online. My build and window sticker show "Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist 2.0 - 67A". I did order a GT and had the dealer change it to a PE I few days later.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Copilot 360 comes on all Mach-es. What's optional is copilot360 2.0 active which includes bluecruise, active park assist 2.0, and the 360 cameras.
Yup, and on the GT-PE you have to get the glass roof if you opt for Co-Pilot360/Active 2.0. There was no way I was going to get the glass roof, so no active park assist for me. Seeing the 1/4 mile numbers that have been posted for the GT and the GT-PE, I probably should not have ordered the Performance Edition so that I could have the metal roof and Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0, but I wanted Magneride more than Active Park Assist.

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see it's the 360 deg camera that add the Pano roof. I can do without the active park assist. Glass roof to me doesn't go with a performance car. I will just be glad for it get here.

IMG_20210816_201531.jpg

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Is the GT PE worth it over the Standard GT? Are the GT PE seats comfy enough for a long trip? thx
Going 0 to 60 in 3.8 seconds is lame, just for an extra $5k you can get a PE, so you can go 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds, that extra 0.3 seconds will completely change your life. That enjoyable sensation of having your kidneys liquified and your stomach being pulled up through your throat. That will easily impress your friends.

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought the same thing. For me it was the wheels. I saw this car at a dealership event 12/8/2019 and loved the wheels. When I found out they where PE only that when I changed the order. From the sounds of all the performance talk what I am going to really miss is the 6th to 3rd downshift on the Shelby for passing.?

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I’ve done that with other cars.

Fusion’s head rests are problematic. I reclined the seats all the way and still don’t have the vertical clearance to remove them. They have a funky shape anyhow. They have this flipped back curve to them that would be a problem if turned backward.

I’m thinking that I’m going to have to skin and modify the headrest portion of the seat or junk the driver’s seat and put in something else. Replacement is probably cheaper.
Replacement is not an option in stock class...the seats are required to be recline-able. The new EVX class let's you do what you want.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Dumb question for people who have taken delivery of the Performance Edition: Has anyone verified that the wheels are (as Ford’s early literature described) forged? The window sticker above only says “aluminum.”

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
For me the big question is how much of an impact Magneride makes?
The one consistent complaint I have heard about the Mach-e is the bounciness of the ride, particularly on not great roads at lower speeds.
I even saw a recent GT first drive video where the driver observed that the (regular) GT felt even firmer than the Premium model.
If the Magneride makes a noticeable impact on this, I think for me it would be worth it to spend a little more for the PE.
Anyone have thoughts on that?
Sponsored