GT Performance Orders Blocked in Canada?

Billy Biahop

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang GT CS, 2022 Mach E GT Performance
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I put my name on the list with a deposit for the GT Performance model way back in 2019 when the Mach E was first announced. Now I know they were building them last, but the online pricing tools went live and orders were put through in the US in April. The website opened in June in Canada. I called my dealership and they informEd me that they still cannot place my order. Ford Head office is holding off all Canadian GT Performance orders. I checked with another dealership and they validated the same info: Canadian dealers are blocked from taking GT orders. Any other Canadians out there experiencing something similar? Iā€™m a big Mach E fan but Iā€™m getting frustrated with Fordā€˜s treatment of its Canadian customers. Seriously considering abandoning the GT Performance and getting my deposit back.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Billy Biahop

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Is it all.GTs or just GT performance?
You canā€™t get the GT in Canada. Itā€™s not available for ordering. We will only be getting the GT Performance models here when we get them at all.

OP
OP

Billy Biahop

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Given all the delays Iā€™m looking at a Model S while I wait. Two things scare me off of it: the yoke steering and here in Canada the federal luxury tax just slapped on vehicles over $100k Cdn. The feds want 10% on top of the whole purchase price or 20% of the amount over $100k, the lesser of either. It means about $4k on top of the $120k for the vehicle. It will be interesting to see what impact this has on the luxury car market in Canada. I also wonder if they are applying this to the after sales tax amount.

The good news is, the Mach E GT Performance doesnā€™t have this problem, WITH the pricing below $100k. For now at least, Iā€™m sticking with the MME.
Sponsored