GT Performance without Glass-roof and 360-degree camera packages to limit price under $69000

bru8131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I am looking to place an order for GT Performance. the total MSRP with all the packages is $69735 (I choose the shadow black exterior color)

Ideally, I would have wanted to get the Glass-roof and 360-degree camera package but since news broke out regarding the proposed EV $7500 tax credit has a limit of $69,000 for SUVs, A workaround that I am thinking of is to remove both Glass-roof and 360-degree camera packages when I place the order. This gets the total MSRP price to 66095.

I can live without the Glass-roof and the 360-degree camera but the performance pack is something I really want.

So my question to those of you who have ordered a GT (performance or nonperformance) without the Glass-roof and 360-degree camera packages is, what type of backup camera did your Mach-E GT come with default?

Did it have a basic camera that shows the rearview when put in reserve or absolutely no rearview image at all?

Appreciate all your help in advance.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
As discussed in many threads, it is highly likely that the new law will utilize MSRP before options. Many states do this already.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I am looking to place an order for GT Performance. the total MSRP with all the packages is $69735 (I choose the shadow black exterior color)

Ideally, I would have wanted to get the Glass-roof and 360-degree camera package but since news broke out regarding the proposed EV $7500 tax credit has a limit of $69,000 for SUVs, A workaround that I am thinking of is to remove both Glass-roof and 360-degree camera packages when I place the order. This gets the total MSRP price to 66095.

I can live without the Glass-roof and the 360-degree camera but the performance pack is something I really want.

So my question to those of you who have ordered a GT (performance or nonperformance) without the Glass-roof and 360-degree camera packages is, what type of backup camera did your Mach-E GT come with default?

Did it have a basic camera that shows the rearview when put in reserve or absolutely no rearview image at all?

You still get the rear view and I believe front view camera. You just don't get the 360 pano one that appears "above" the rear view when in reverse. A lot of GT owners that didn't get the 360 definitely miss it. Hopefully they do MSRP before options as I love the 360 cam.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
You still get the rear view and I believe front view camera. You just don't get the 360 pano one that appears "above" the rear view when in reverse. A lot of GT owners that didn't get the 360 definitely miss it. Hopefully they do MSRP before options as I love the 360 cam.
There are two front cams. The one on the bumper above the grille is part of the 360/Active 2.0 package. The one in the rear view mirror is on all trims.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Thanks, How good is the clarity on this?
Depends on what you have looked at in the past and what you are comparing it to, you can see stuff but it is not the highest res. I wouldn't have minded the 360 camera but did not want the glass roof so as Ford decided to bundle it on the GTPE I went without.

Having played with the 360 camera on a premium trim the quality was pretty much average so a nicety but not essential, there are IMO far better 360 cameras available as it uses a pretty basic implementation of on maybe in time if Ford do an OTA update and included a 3d surround view I will probably then grumble about missing out.

OP
OP

bru8131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
There are two front cams. The one on the bumper above the grille is part of the 360/Active 2.0 package. The one in the rear view mirror is on all trims.
Yeah, that's really good to know.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Since people answered the question you asked, I’ll answer the question you implied:

Don’t make life decisions based on hypothetical senate bills.

The thing you are afraid of happening, seems like the LEAST likely scenario anyways.

For you to lose the rebate EVERYTHING on this list must happen:

1. New bill becomes law
2. $69k limit including options
3. Ford refuses to lower price a few hundred dollars in response
4. The already approved 200,000 $7500 credits law gets abolished

I just seen all of the above happening at once as…… unlikely.

Order the car you want, you can always change your plans if the unlikely becomes reality.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
My first Mach-E had glass roof and 360 camera. Was a First Edition. My current Mach-E GT has neither. I can live without the glass roof, but I do really miss the 360 camera. I have only a backup camera now, which is actually pretty good. Has lines to show backing up straight which helps. No front camera at all. I bought from a different state, and wrongly assumed it would.

No front camera really stinks. Trying to get close to something is not nearly as easy. Backing up trying to get next to a curb or in between other cars is not as easy without 360. Especially since Ford doesn't give the option for side mirrors to tilt down making it easier to see when backing up. Of course we have all grown up driving without any of this, and my 68' doesn't even have a right side mirror so it's what you're used to. Wife's has 360 and every time I drive it I miss my 360.

In short, I'd do everything I could to keep the 360.

OP
OP

bru8131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
My first Mach-E had glass roof and 360 camera. Was a First Edition. My current Mach-E GT has neither. I can live without the glass roof, but I do really miss the 360 camera. I have only a backup camera now, which is actually pretty good. Has lines to show backing up straight which helps. No front camera at all. I bought from a different state, and wrongly assumed it would.

No front camera really stinks. Trying to get close to something is not nearly as easy. Backing up trying to get next to a curb or in between other cars is not as easy without 360. Especially since Ford doesn't give the option for side mirrors to tilt down making it easier to see when backing up. Of course we have all grown up driving without any of this, and my 68' doesn't even have a right side mirror so it's what you're used to. Wife's has 360 and every time I drive it I miss my 360.

In short, I'd do everything I could to keep the 360.
Thanks, that is really insightful. Does it have front or side sensors that beep if you get too close enough to another vehicle while parking?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Thanks, that is really insightful. Does it have front or side sensors that beep if you get too close enough to another vehicle while parking?
You still have front and rear parking sensors even if you do not have the 360 camera, the display will show lines around the car and as you get near they go from green, to yellow to red.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
^ Yep.

It appears to have the side cameras under the side mirrors, but just not hooked up I guess. There is a spot for the front camera, it's not there at all.
Sponsored