Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just saw someone post this on FB:

“Wow! Got an email today that they are ready to convert my reservation to an order for my GT! Reserved on January 30,2020 reservation 35,652. I was thinking it would be late spring early summer- especially with the COVID stuff. Anyone else with the GT reservation received the call/email from their dealer?”

Is this real or another confused dealer?
Sponsored

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag

“Wow! Got an email today that they are ready to convert my reservation to an order for my GT! Reserved on January 30,2020 reservation 35,652. I was thinking it would be late spring early summer- especially with the COVID stuff. Anyone else with the GT reservation received the call/email from their dealer?”

A misinformed dealer most likely.

GT orders don't begin until Spring 2021 according to the Ford website. When Ford first opened up converting reservations to orders, my dealer emailed multiple times telling me it was time to convert even after telling I told him I had a GT on reservation.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Reservation Conversion? 1604401101108

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag

It's possible. Current early reservations were converted to orders in June.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Originally my GT preorder page said orders December. Then about a couple weeks back it changed to Spring 2021. Based on the orders so far, I'm guessing the GT is a '22, and Fall 2021 delivery.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
How would a GT reservation even be converted to an order considering we don't even know what the options packages will be, or does that even matter?

I'm desperately clinging to my 11/17 Premium reservation hoping I'll be able to convert it to a GT. I've got a February GT reservation as a backup plan.

5bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Automotive
Country flag
How would a GT reservation even be converted to an order considering we don't even know what the options packages will be, or does that even matter?

I'm desperately clinging to my 11/17 Premium reservation hoping I'll be able to convert it to a GT. I've got a February GT reservation as a backup plan.
I'm in the same boat as you . I ordered my premium 5 seconds into when the orders opened up . But I really want the GT , so I have a reservation for that also . What do you think are the chances of covering the premium order to GT ?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm in the same boat as you . I ordered my premium 5 seconds into when the orders opened up . But I really want the GT , so I have a reservation for that also . What do you think are the chances of covering the premium order to GT ?
@hybrid2bev and @trutolife27 might know better than me.

I'm not super optimistic but maybe we'll luck out?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
@hybrid2bev and @trutolife27 might know better than me.

I'm not super optimistic but maybe we'll luck out?
I would have said there’s zero chance of converting a Premium to a GT. I don’t think the order times will overlap. But then Mach Drop happened too, so GT drop?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I would have said there’s zero chance of converting a Premium to a GT. I don’t think the order times will overlap. But then Mach Drop happened too, so GT drop?
MachDrop was not smooth, hopefully the GT Drop if it happens will be smoother

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
MachDrop was not smooth, hopefully the GT Drop if it happens will be smoother
If Ford really does have people monitoring this forum, I think the overwhelming negative response to the Mach Drop fiasco will dissuade them from doing it again.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
If Ford really does have people monitoring this forum, I think the overwhelming negative response to the Mach Drop fiasco will dissuade them from doing it again.
I guess my point is that the official guidelines say that you can’t convert from a ‘special edition’ (GT) to or from a non ‘special edition’. I don’t think the timing would work also. If you already ordered a non-GT then it will probably be produced before the GT order banks even open.

Non-GT reservations in N.A. were or still are set to expire at the end of 2020. If you don’t convert your reservation to an order by year end, the reservation would be canceled. At least that was the plan, I haven’t heard of any news otherwise.
Sponsored