GT vs. Non-GT Seats..

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
We've signed the order for a Premium and it's due to arrive second week of August. However, my wife and I have been discussing going to a GT instead. Since no one has a GT (or any Mach-E) on their lots, we're trying to figure out if she'd be okay with the different seat in the GT, with the bolstering being more aggressive. Understanding it's a matter of personal opinion, can anyone provide insight on the differences in the two types of seats?

I guess my question is: are they really THAT different?

Thanks in advance,
Sponsored

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
i''ve only sat in the premium and gt seats at dealer/car show. The gts to me felt a lot more comfrotable with the boaster sides. Wasn't too much but kept me comfortable. The GTPE seats are pretty comfortable too, but less padding on the bottom.

nashbrydges

First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT performance
Country flag
I am 6'2", 250lbs and my wife is 5'5" and, ummm, way less than 150 (she'd probably kill me if I posted her real weight lol) and both of us find the GT PE seats very comfortable. My son who is 6'6" and 320lbs also likes them. They should work for most people IMHO. I prefer those seats over the regular seats on other trims (test-drove a Premium before deciding on the GT PE).

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
The GT seats are comfortable, they are actually soft unlike the leather.

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
I did not find the seats between the premium and GT to be that much different in bolsering. Material and color for sure.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I did not find the seats between the premium and GT to be that much different in bolsering. Material and color for sure.
Yeah, I think there is more difference between the GT and GT-PE seats than Premium and GT seats. I like the GT-PE seat. I do wish that I could adjust the lower side bolsters and that the shoulder bolsters did more. 🤷‍♂️😊🐩

OP
OP
Mauser

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, I think there is more difference between the GT and GT-PE seats than Premium and GT seats. I like the GT-PE seat. I do wish that I could adjust the lower side bolsters and that the shoulder bolsters did more. 🤷‍♂️😊🐩
In Canada, the only option is the GT-PE. Maybe I should have mentioned that? Are the seats between the GT trim levels that different themselves?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
In Canada, the only option is the GT-PE. Maybe I should have mentioned that? Are the seats between the GT trim levels that different themselves?
In the US, the GT seat is much more like the Premium seat than the GT-PE seat. I guess I got thrown off balance by seeing a bunch of Canadians posting about PEs and us ugly Americans are the only ones with a GT and a GT-PE. 🤪🐩

OP
OP
Mauser

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In the US, the GT seat is much more like the Premium seat than the GT-PE seat. I guess I got thrown off balance by seeing a bunch of Canadians posting about PEs and us ugly Americans are the only ones with a GT and a GT-PE. 🤪🐩
...Bur our Canadian Pesos definitely affect the cost of the car. :(

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I went from a Premium to the GTPE (which is the GT in Canada) and love the GTPE seats way more. The Premium ones are definitely comfortable, but feel so much like bench seating since the bolsters are basically non-existent. When taking any turns faster than 10 mph, I'd always slide around. I constantly found myself off to the side of the seat and not sitting in the center of it.

The GTPE holds you in super well and the seat is really comfortable. I think the Premium is slightly more comfortable on your butt, but I'd still take the GTPE seat.

I did extensive swapping between seats when I was getting my GTPE. I was trading in my Premium and was waiting for the paperwork and just kept hopping back and forth. It was a hard choice, as I felt the premium was softer to sit on stationary, but in practice the GTPE has given me no issues on long drives and the bolsters are great!

The material on the GTPE seats was a concern due to not being familiar with it. I was worried it would get roughed up or stained from jeans. I was also scared the little air vent holes would be less resilient and tear. 7 months later and all is holding up really well!

OP
OP
Mauser

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did extensive swapping between seats when I was getting my GTPE. I was trading in my Premium and was waiting for the paperwork and just kept hopping back and forth. It was a hard choice, as I felt the premium was softer to sit on stationary, but in practice the GTPE has given me no issues on long drives and the bolsters are great!

The material on the GTPE seats was a concern due to not being familiar with it. I was worried it would get roughed up or stained from jeans. I was also scared the little air vent holes would be less resilient and tear. 7 months later and all is holding up really well!
Thanks for the info, it's definitely helpful - I'm more worried about my wife, who's got those hips. We're trying to figure out if the seats are going to be too constricting. it's not an issue for me, but might be more of a concern for her?

maybe I'll do a quick roll-call to see if there are any GT-PE owners in my area who might bee up for a little meet... 🤨

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Thanks for the info, it's definitely helpful - I'm more worried about my wife, who's got those hips. We're trying to figure out if the seats are going to be too constricting. it's not an issue for me, but might be more of a concern for her?

maybe I'll do a quick roll-call to see if there are any GT-PE owners in my area who might bee up for a little meet... 🤨
I don't think she'd have an issue. My wife loves the seats and also has scrumptious hips and thighs. I'd say if she can sit on the Premium seats without going outside the confines of that seat too much, she'll be fine.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
As others have stated GTPE (GT for the rest of the world) seats are comfy, they may look sporty but they really are not, the bolstering is nothing compared to a sporty bucket seat.

The only potential issue with the the seats is the fixed height of head rest and the weird looking shoulder bolsters, so depending on your body shape and how you like to sit you may not like these aspects.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I wouldn't call the bolsters on the GT seats anything like aggressive or deep. Adequate might do in a pinch. They're a little better than our Sienna Hybrid, from that perspective, but not as soft, and dead flat compared to the Audi and the Porsche (yes, too many cars).

The fabric is soft and comfy, and grippy enough to make up for the overall flatness. They're better than a lawn chair, but not exactly sporty. I wouldn't expect anyone who fits within the overall dimensions of the seats to have any issue with the sides. Certainly not to the point that they'd be a deciding factor between a GT and not a GT
Sponsored