Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 250, 2022 GT 4, 2021 Mache GT, 2024 Z06
Occupation
Management
Country flag
You might care if after buying the Z06 you found out they deactivate 4 cylinders when you hit 80 mph!
for sure but electric sport ute not a track car but it rips right along
Sponsored

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
what's the benefit of a GT over a GTPE? Does the GT not have the 5 second issue?

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
what's the benefit of a GT over a GTPE? Does the GT not have the 5 second issue?
Cost, it's cheaper.

The GTPE is an optional feature package to the Mach E GT. It adds unique wheels and seats as well as MagneRide adjustable suspension and bigger breaks

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The GT has the same issue. GT also had slightly less tq so it’s a little slower to 60.

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
Cost, it's cheaper.

The GTPE is an optional feature package to the Mach E GT. It adds unique wheels and seats as well as MagneRide adjustable suspension and bigger breaks
My bad. I went back and re-read the posts. For some reason, my apparently damaged brain thought I read that someone wanted to trade in a GTPE and get a GT. I now see that Tuminatr suggested they'd like to trade their Premium for a GT, which makes considerably more sense.

Thank you and Mach1E for your responses.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My personal opinion is that you should never buy a car based on depreciation in 6 months. 3-4 years sure (which is still a crapshoot on a car this new). Like it or not, a brand new EV like this involves more financial risk (part of what the $7500 tax credit is meant to mitigate). I bought it because it’s fun and can afford to take the risk. I don’t WANT it to depreciate a lot, but also am not relying on my equity in this car to be able to afford my next car.

bristol16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, '15 SS
Country flag
I would say if you have one and want to profit from it sell it now, it may never be worth as much as it is now. My work is selling a used GT (non-PE) for more than what my GTPE cost new, and once you factor in the tax credit on mine it makes even less sense to buy the used one (which means the previous owner of the used one got a pretty good chunk of change to sell it). I know we are giving top dollar, or close to it, for used vehicles these days. It's hard to say where the market will be in 6 months, but I feel like it hasn't changed much in the last 6 months and new car dealers are starting to think they can operate on an on-demand style business model which may work to extend the current trends. 6 months from now a 2021 may be worth more than new, but it's very hard to predict.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The only thing we can do at this point is look through Tesla’s record in the last ten years regarding devaluation, and hope the Mach E holds up in popularity and performance.
Ecars are a gamble so, yes, buy it to enjoy and be happy to contribute to cleaner air in this world. We are also saving quite a bit on gas costs, but that’s another debate!?no one knows exactly what the future will bring…but I love not smelling those gas fumes!?

i am happy to have the rebates which will counter any losses. They won’t go on forever, so enjoy that savings too.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
The GT has the same issue. GT also had slightly less tq so it’s a little slower to 60.
The time slips between the 2 we have seen are pretty much identical. Weird given the tires grip. That minute amount of tq difference wouldn't amount to .05 sec . Figured the tires would be but hasn't been the real world case.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The time slips between the 2 we have seen are pretty much identical. Weird given the tires grip. That minute amount of tq difference wouldn't amount to .05 sec . Figured the tires would be but hasn't been the real world case.
They’re close, but the GTPE have all been faster. .15 it seems.

I do think traction is the key. Like I mentioned, my GTPE just wants to spin the tires on the street. Would be faster if it hooked up.

I’m betting the rated times (3.5 and 3.8) are based on tires and tune more than 34 lb ft of tq. It’s possible the GTPE has a little more aggressive throttle response. Haven’t driven a GT, but doesn’t seem the GTPE holds back at all.

Here are the fastest 0-60 I’ve seen, also the fastest 1/4 mile. Look at the 60’, all about traction! 3.34 and 3.4 with 1’ rollout:

Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE depreciation CD9EB493-34B5-4773-8B25-9C443C34CDFE

Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE depreciation E5079EB1-10E6-4116-B0AF-01136F1AA6EA

Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE depreciation 0C261E81-81E4-46F9-A51D-BEA0EAF9DCC5

There’s also a video so it’s legit:

Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE depreciation 1E3C7A01-B24F-4282-AE08-DF31E31349B9

Last edited:

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
Those are the best times I have seen. Sonoma Raceway usually opens in March it will be fun to see what I can get.

Green Machine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Management
Country flag
You might care if after buying the Z06 you found out they deactivate 4 cylinders when you hit 80 mph!
Agreed, if GM did that, I would have a significant complaint since the mission for that car is to go fast, not do those things and be competitive on a track. GTPE is a 4 door 4x4 sport utility that is fast and pretty sweet and pretty cheap for its capabilities. In my opinion, this car would be no fun on a track and a fairly exhausting way to burn laps, but the 911's and mid engine vettes are very fun on a track. Just sayin. I appreciate Ford stretching to make a great rig, and sticking their necks out to get it done. I think this car shows courage on their part, just like making the F 150 body aluminum back in 2015. I appreciate American manufacturers showing some courage.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed, if GM did that, I would have a significant complaint since the mission for that car is to go fast, not do those things and be competitive on a track. GTPE is a 4 door 4x4 sport utility that is fast and pretty sweet and pretty cheap for its capabilities. In my opinion, this car would be no fun on a track and a fairly exhausting way to burn laps, but the 911's and mid engine vettes are very fun on a track. Just sayin. I appreciate Ford stretching to make a great rig, and sticking their necks out to get it done. I think this car shows courage on their part, just like making the F 150 body aluminum back in 2015. I appreciate American manufacturers showing some courage.
I appreciate that you say the Z06’s “mission is to go fast.”

That pretty much explains the complaint about the 5 sec limit.

Take a look at all the advertising and promotions for the GTPE.

They show one of two things:
1. 0-60 times and bragging about acceleration.
2. The car sliding around a closed course track.

Even the first press event was held at an AutoX course.

Ford clearly presented the “mission” of the GTPE as well.

Think anyone expected it to be 2 seconds slower to 110 mph than a premium 4x? I sure didn’t!

Green Machine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Management
Country flag
I appreciate that you say the Z06’s “mission is to go fast.”

That pretty much explains the complaint about the 5 sec limit.

Take a look at all the advertising and promotions for the GTPE.

They show one of two things:
1. 0-60 times and bragging about acceleration.
2. The car sliding around a closed course track.

Even the first press event was held at an AutoX course.

Ford clearly presented the “mission” of the GTPE as well.

Think anyone expected it to be 2 seconds slower to 110 mph than a premium 4x? I sure didn’t!
I understand where you are coming from related to their marketing, but I would hope none of us really thought the rig would be a track rat, it weighs like 5k, it kicks ass on the road around mortal vehicles, but hardly looks like a track star. I think it is pretty impressive for what it is.
Sponsored