GTPE Finally arrived at Dealership...pick-up tomorrow!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on your new blueberry! Still waiting on mine.

OP
OP
Nomation

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
Now I'm 6'3" and around 300 lbs...long torso broad shoulders. First thought after sitting in the car was that I wish the seat went lower because now I will need to tilt it back more than I really wanted to be comfortable. To be honest, my Kona feels like it has just a bit more room in the drivers area. Also, initially upon sitting, I felt the uncomfortable sensation of the shoulder bolsters. They seem to hit my torso lower than designed. Not a deal breaker but thought I would provide my first impressions. Even with that said, I love the interior. I just need to lose a little weight. ;)

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Now I'm 6'3" and around 300 lbs...long torso broad shoulders. First thought after sitting in the car was that I wish the seat went lower because now I will need to tilt it back more than I really wanted to be comfortable. To be honest, my Kona feels like it has just a bit more room in the drivers area. Also, initially upon sitting, I felt the uncomfortable sensation of the shoulder bolsters. They seem to hit my torso lower than designed. Not a deal breaker but thought I would provide my first impressions. Even with that said, I love the interior. I just need to lose a little weight. ;)
Awesome! Congratulations! What was your ship date?

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
Congrats!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Ok finally someone my height. I’m a bit thinner but also 6’3. I can’t tell if you have the panoramic roof or not. When I test drove a Select with no glass roof I thought the same exact thing about the seat height. Do you have the hard roof or pano?

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
congrats! I just picked up my GTPE on Monday. I love it so far! I find the seats very comfortable and I was a bit concerned since I have the opposite problem…I’m 5’2”.

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
It's a shame you ruined the front bumper with a plate bracket ?
While we should all say congratulations….

I agree, my first things getting a new performance car is order the dealer not to apply a front plate bracket and do not put a dealer sticker / emblem on the back.

OP
OP
Nomation

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome! Congratulations! What was your ship date?
Customer Name
Group Order TypeRetail (222R) (OBC8S)
Receipt DateMay 5, 2021
Production DateAugust 12, 2021
Shipment DateSeptember 29, 2021
Transit Date45
Final Delivered DateOctober 27, 2021

OP
OP
Nomation

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
While we should all say congratulations….

I agree, my first things getting a new performance car is order the dealer not to apply a front plate bracket and do not put a dealer sticker / emblem on the back.
Dealership said the front plate holder was installed at the factory. I was disappointed.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I instructed the Dealership not to put the plate holder on the front but my guy said it was installed at the factory.
Yeah, they’re always going to say that to not be held responsible. I’ve seen it happen countless times. They ruined your car and I’d hold them accountable. They had every chance to ensure no plate bracket was installed.

Maybe someone else can chime in here, but the 3 dealerships I’ve communicated with here in Northern VA told me Mach-E plate brackets ARE NOT installed at the factory.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yeah, they’re always going to say that to not be held responsible. I’ve seen it happen countless times. They ruined your car and I’d hold them accountable. They had every chance to ensure no plate bracket was installed.

Maybe someone else can chime in here, but the 3 dealerships I’ve communicated with here in Northern VA told me Mach-E plate brackets ARE NOT installed at the factory.
I believe they were installed at the factory for first ones produced, but then they stopped. They put bracket in the truck and the dealer is supposed to attach it. So yeah, I think the dealer was lying.

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
I have a GTPE on order and I drove 6 hours round trip yesterday just to check that I could fit in the seats without a problem. I'm 6'1+ and about 280. I had this vision of them squishing me in from the sides but I found that I didn't even notice them (for which I was grateful). The salesperson was a very large woman and I asked her what she thought about the seats and if she was comfortable and she said she drove in one to somewhere (several hour trip) and she said she was fine. She was large but not tall.

Sorry to hear they are making you feel uncomfortable, that was my concern as well. I was relieved that they didn't bother me. I know that launch is making you smile though!! Enjoy!
Sponsored