GTPE Finally arrived at Dealership...pick-up tomorrow!

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
No plate on my car from the factory. It was in a plastic bag in the back. Congratulations on beautiful car your going to love it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE Finally arrived at Dealership...pick-up tomorrow! PXL_20211011_233609886
Sponsored

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
No plate on my car from the factory. It was in a plastic bag in the back.
This is exactly what I was told, twice.

I’ll call my dealer rep in the AM to see if VVR shows anything about license plate brackets being installed.

Ask to speak with the GM and tell them you know for fact plate brackets ARE NOT installed at the factory. Also ensure you are getting 2 key fobs.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Dealership said the front plate holder was installed at the factory. I was disappointed.
Front plate brackets are no longer being installed at the factory:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-mach-e-built-on-or-after-april-22-2021.6157/

I was IMing a guy who took delivery of a GT-PE last week from a dealership in the SF Bay Area and his car was not drilled for the front bracket. I actually just emailed my dealer and told him about this conversation and told him that I don't want my car drilled. I tried to email my dealer about this earlier in the month and he said that the factory was installing them, but now I have evidence that the factory is not, so I have my fingers crossed. I don't want to have to buy a new front fascia and have it painted to match the car just so my front license plate wrap doesn't look like there are plugs or holes under it.

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-mach-e-built-on-or-after-april-22-2021.6157/

I was IMing a guy who took delivery of a GT-PE last week from a dealership in the SF Bay Area and his car was not drilled for the front bracket. I actually just emailed my dealer and told him about this conversation and told him that I don't want my car drilled. I tried to email my dealer about this earlier in the month and he said that the factory was installing them, but now I have evidence that the factory is not, so I have my fingers crossed. I don't want to have to buy a new front fascia and have it painted to match the car just so my front license plate wrap doesn't look like there are plugs or holes under it.
I had to look up what a what a license plate wrap was. That's pretty cool I may do that.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I had to look up what a what a license plate wrap was. That's pretty cool I may do that.
Definitely do it. It's 100% legal in California.

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Dealership said the front plate holder was installed at the factory. I was disappointed.
I've purchased two Mach-Es in the last 2 months and neither had factory installed front plate bracket. I told them early. I would not be inclined to believe them IMO. Congrats anyway, my friend!

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Yeah, they’re always going to say that to not be held responsible. I’ve seen it happen countless times. They ruined your car and I’d hold them accountable. They had every chance to ensure no plate bracket was installed.

Maybe someone else can chime in here, but the 3 dealerships I’ve communicated with here in Northern VA told me Mach-E plate brackets ARE NOT installed at the factory.
Dealer lied to you. My GTPE produced same week as yours had no front plate at delivery in CA, dealer honored my wishes.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Dealer lied to you. My GTPE produced same week as yours had no front plate at delivery in CA, dealer honored my wishes.
OP, time to raise some hell.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

I made them put it in an email to me that they would not drill my front bumper. I also emphasized this to every sales person when I communicated with them prior to delivery.

Car ships with two FOBs, make sure they don't forget to give you both!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I made them put it in an email to me that they would not drill my front bumper. I also emphasized this to every sales person when I communicated with them prior to delivery.

Car ships with two FOBs, make sure they don't forget to give you both!
My dealer just emailed me back. He said that the last couple of shipments of MMEs they got in had no front bracket installed on them and that he'll let his poeple know to not install my front bracket.

Hey, Scoop, can I break confidence now that you've outed your car as having been delivered with a naked nose? ??

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
My dealer just emailed me back. He said that the last couple of shipments of MMEs they got in had no front bracket installed on them and that he'll let his poeple know to not install my front bracket.

Hey, Scoop, can I break confidence now that you've outed your car as having been delivered with a naked nose? ??
Busted!

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I've told my dealer twice already not to let them install the front plate bracket, and he has faithfully promised to make sure they don't drill.

I am giving 3-1 odds they screw it up anyway.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I've told my dealer twice already not to let them install the front plate bracket, and he has faithfully promised to make sure they don't drill.

I am giving 3-1 odds they screw it up anyway.
Get it in writing! ??

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Get it in writing! ??
Send an email to your salesperson, inventory manager and GM. Ensure at least one acknowledges you are requesting to NOT have the front license plate bracket installed and also acknowledge that should a license plate bracket be installed, the dealership is responsible for replacement bumper costs and labor costs by the body shop of your choosing.

Aquar33f

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
Get it in writing! ??
My dealer said they were coming predrilled because they’re in NJ, hoping they’re wrong…

In any case, he told me to check out BumperPlugs. Looks like they have grabber blue that fit in any pre drilled holes.
Sponsored