GTPE Finally arrived at Dealership...pick-up tomorrow!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My dealer said they were coming predrilled because they’re in NJ, hoping they’re wrong…

In any case, he told me to check out BumperPlugs. Looks like they have grabber blue that fit in any pre drilled holes.
California is a mandatory front plate state (where I am) and there are people here who are taking delivery with no holes and the bracket wrapped in plastic wrap in the cargo area.

Show him the SSM. According to the SSM, Ford hasn't been installing the bracket since April. According to my dealer, it's a little more recent than that, but cars are being delivered here without brackets installed.
Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Ok finally someone my height. I’m a bit thinner but also 6’3. I can’t tell if you have the panoramic roof or not. When I test drove a Select with no glass roof I thought the same exact thing about the seat height. Do you have the hard roof or pano?
6’4”, 220, 35” inseam here, prototypical Pitcher’s build, I recently sat in a PE with the pano roof and had plenty of headroom while wearing a baseball hat. By plenty I mean at least 1” to spare. I prefer a fairly upright driving position with hands at 9 and 3 if that helps any.

OP
OP
Nomation

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
No plate on my car from the factory. It was in a plastic bag in the back. Congratulations on beautiful car your going to love it.

PXL_20211011_233609886.jpg
Ok so I got Fkd. Now what? Any suggestions? I'm open to anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nomation

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok finally someone my height. I’m a bit thinner but also 6’3. I can’t tell if you have the panoramic roof or not. When I test drove a Select with no glass roof I thought the same exact thing about the seat height. Do you have the hard roof or pano?
Fully decked out. With Pano. I feel my head is about 3 inches from the Pano. Not bad...just wanted to sit a bit lower.

SirLamerok

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT PE Cyber Orange
Country flag
Ok so I got Fkd. No what? Any suggestions? I'm open to anything.
You could get a front license vinyl wrap. Even if it isn't legal in your state you probably would never get called on it and it would cover the holes.

OP
OP
Nomation

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a GTPE on order and I drove 6 hours round trip yesterday just to check that I could fit in the seats without a problem. I'm 6'1+ and about 280. I had this vision of them squishing me in from the sides but I found that I didn't even notice them (for which I was grateful). The salesperson was a very large woman and I asked her what she thought about the seats and if she was comfortable and she said she drove in one to somewhere (several hour trip) and she said she was fine. She was large but not tall.

Sorry to hear they are making you feel uncomfortable, that was my concern as well. I was relieved that they didn't bother me. I know that launch is making you smile though!! Enjoy!
To be fair I only sat in the seat for 1 min or so. I tried to adjust the seat back lower but I was maxed out...I just need to tilt back a little more that's all.

Last edited:

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I’m just over here lmfao at all the owners worried about plate bracket holes but all good with these things running like a 4X after 80.
Waiting for the fusillade of angry face “likes”. ???‍♂

OP
OP
Nomation

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is exactly what I was told, twice.

I’ll call my dealer rep in the AM to see if VVR shows anything about license plate brackets being installed.

Ask to speak with the GM and tell them you know for fact plate brackets ARE NOT installed at the factory. Also ensure you are getting 2 key fobs.
Ok...I will be getting two key fobs tomorrow. I now believe the dealership has lied to me about the front license bracket being put on at the factory. I think I'm screwed but I'll try.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Ok...I will be getting two key fobs tomorrow. I now believe the dealership has lied to me about the front license bracket being put on at the factory. I think I'm screwed but I'll try.
Someone posted a link many posts back about license plate brackets not being installed that. Use that as a reference.

What dealership did you purchase from? You’re semi local to me. Will try to help.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Customer Name
Group Order TypeRetail (222R) (OBC8S)
Receipt DateMay 5, 2021
Production DateAugust 12, 2021
Shipment DateSeptember 29, 2021
Transit Date45
Final Delivered DateOctober 27, 2021
Ordered a week later and shipped a day later and have it damn I think mines lost in Cancun drinking to many cervezas.

Cheers on getting it

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Ok so I got Fkd. Now what? Any suggestions? I'm open to anything.
Bumper plugs I used them on my wife's aviator we bought in IL because otherwise was a 4 month wait back in Dec 2020 and they match perfect lol pricey but paint matches perfect and she has flight blue color. They have Grabber Blue paint code CI. Hope only 2 holes I had 3 so had buy 2 of those pricey lol kits but we are going on 11 month and it gets washed probably 3 times a week so they are holding up. They did get the ceramic coat like the rest of the car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE Finally arrived at Dealership...pick-up tomorrow! Screenshot_20211027-215745

Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE Finally arrived at Dealership...pick-up tomorrow! Screenshot_20211027-215701

Last edited:

Riotous

First Name
Riotous
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150, 2021 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I picked up my GTPE a couple hours ago - i saw it the day before when they had it just off the truck, still dirty and stickered up. Had the front plate holder on it, so must have come that way.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
My dealer said they were coming predrilled because they’re in NJ, hoping they’re wrong…

In any case, he told me to check out BumperPlugs. Looks like they have grabber blue that fit in any pre drilled holes.
They're wrong

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
They're wrong
Here's what comes in the trunk, uninstalled, from the factory. I don't know if in some states someone drills the bumper before delivering to the dealer, but this is what I found in my trunk.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE Finally arrived at Dealership...pick-up tomorrow! IMG_20211023_141601
Sponsored