GTPE Finally arrived at Dealership...pick-up tomorrow!

amtrucker22

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I did not select the option for front plate. Do they still ship with it? I said no to the plate to hopefully avoid this situation but I guess I need to re-emphasize to the dealer I do not want the bumper drilled
Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE Finally arrived at Dealership...pick-up tomorrow! Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 4.50.45 AM

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Purvis Ford
Haven’t dealt with them in the past.

Get a better look at the bracket. If you can see it’s been screwed on with a bolt or screw, dealer did it. If it’s riveted on, it was done at the plant.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Ok I spoke with Sheehy in Warrenton and Ashland, Koons in Woodbridge, and a few others in Ashland as well.

Here is the concensus:
  • All dealerships stated they haven't seen a Mustang Mach-E with a front license plate bracket since mid-September
  • 2 dealerships said they had a couple Selects come in with brackets, but nothing on Premium or GT(PE)
  • Few that came in over the summer had brackets installed but it wasn't consistent.
  • All dealerships stated most vehicles other than Bronco, Mustang, and Mustang Mach-E come with factory brackets installed
  • Brackets installed by the factory are RIVETED
  • Brackets installed by the dealer are either drilled/screwed, or clip on (model specific)
While VA requires a front license plate bracket, the dealerships all stated it was at the discretion of the customer.

With this information, take a look at the bracket on your vehicle. If you can see a hex bolt, allen/phillips/flat head screw, the dealership installed it. If it's a flat rivet, factory installed it.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While this is not a thread about front license plate brackets, seems like there is a lot of talk about them so adding my finding. My GTPE arrived at the dealer yesterday (one week ahead of ETA) without the front plate bracket and as usual I had instructed them not to install it. My salesperson knows me very well (purchased all my vehicles from her for almost 30 years) and removed the bracket out of the car as soon as it came in so as not to get accidentally installed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE Finally arrived at Dealership...pick-up tomorrow! 65712857738__86A87C10-EA57-4A37-8434-1CE08D3F4DBA1900

Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE Finally arrived at Dealership...pick-up tomorrow! 65712954160__EA5DB81D-8A92-4174-B560-9554F00BC8491900