GTPE race against xxxxxxx

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Where are the drag race videos of the GTPE against anything else? I thought for sure we would see the Model Yp and GT 500 races by now.
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Where are the drag race videos of the GTPE against anything else? I thought for sure we would see the Model Yp and GT 500 races by now.
Iā€™m still waiting for the 2.0T Accord

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Being one of the members here who owns both a GT/PE and GT500 (Tom is another one I know of) I can say for me, there is really no comparison between the two. While the GT/PE will do very well against it up to maybe 80 mph, after that I doubt it would be much of a match. The GT500 is rated to go 0-60 in 3.3 sec and the GT/PE 3.5 sec. 1/4 mile in the GT500 is in the high 10's stock and with a little tuning it can be much better. In the blink of an eye, I have had it to 155 and unless you look at the speedo you would never know you were at that speed.

However, putting all of these numbers and speed aside, the big difference for me is throttle response. You really need to drive a GT500 to know what I mean. It is so instantaneous that it is scary. You breath on the gas pedal and it will jump. I have never driven anything like it. At any speed, it is the most sensitive and responsive throttle I have ever experienced. That said, the Mach-E feels like it is controlled by a slow computer in comparison. Sure you push down the go pedal and it moves but there is a lag in comparison. Also the amount of pedal you give the Mach-E really does not change as much or as fast as it does in the GT500. It is really difficult for me to explain this and I have taken up an entire paragraph trying doing it.

The GT500 weights about 1000 lbs less and has 280 more HP (34 lbs less torque though) so it does feel much more nimble and light on it's feet compared to the Mach-E. The steering on the GT500 is also very very quick and sensitive. I guess what I am trying to say is even though the Mach-E is a really quick car and just about as fast below probably 100 as a GT500, the overall experience does not feel fast at all when you are driving it in comparison. That is my two cents. ?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Being one of the members here who owns both a GT/PE and GT500 (Tom is another one I know of) I can say for me, there is really no comparison between the two. While the GT/PE will do very well against it up to maybe 80 mph, after that I doubt it would be much of a match. The GT500 is rated to go 0-60 in 3.3 sec and the GT/PE 3.5 sec. 1/4 mile in the GT500 is in the high 10's stock and with a little tuning it can be much better. In the blink of an eye, I have had it to 155 and unless you look at the speedo you would never know you were at that speed.

However, putting all of these numbers and speed aside, the big difference for me is throttle response. You really need to drive a GT500 to know what I mean. It is so instantaneous that it is scary. You breath on the gas pedal and it will jump. I have never driven anything like it. At any speed, it is the most sensitive and responsive throttle I have ever experienced. That said, the Mach-E feels like it is controlled by a slow computer in comparison. Sure you push down the go pedal and it moves but there is a lag in comparison. Also the amount of pedal you give the Mach-E really does not change as much or as fast as it does in the GT500. It is really difficult for me to explain this and I have taken up an entire paragraph trying doing it.

The GT500 weights about 1000 lbs less and has 280 more HP (34 lbs less torque though) so it does feel much more nimble and light on it's feet compared to the Mach-E. The steering on the GT500 is also very very quick and sensitive. I guess what I am trying to say is even though the Mach-E is a really quick car and just about as fast below probably 100 as a GT500, the overall experience does not feel fast at all when you are driving it in comparison. That is my two cents. ?
Line em up!!

A video is worth 10,000 words.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know right?

Instead we are stuck with the slowest Mach E beating up on a Mustang GT and the model Y picking on a GT500, so we are left to speculate. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-vs-mustang-gt-drag-race-video.11085/

My video wish list
vs.

Mustang GT
Mach 1
GT500
Model Y P
Accord 2.0t @Frankie
Hellcat
Plaid. Why not? Everyone else has
Polestar, ID4 etc

And all races in 3 spots-
On the street- advantage GTPE
At the track- even playing field
Roll race- ARE YOU LISTENING FORD???

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Line em up!!

A video is worth 10,000 words.
I agree with you 100% and am looking forward to some drag race videos. I did not want my post to come across that I think the Mach-E is slow. It is a stupid fast car and probably Ford's second fastest productions car, I don't know. It just does not "feel" nearly as fast as the GT500 driving it. I can tell you one thing though, over 100 there won't be any contest. Even at 120 mph, you punch that throttle and the 500 will snap your neck back.

Terrance (Signature Wheels) has been wanting to race me in his GT500 when I got my GT/PE. Not sure when that will happen as we both travel a lot and are rarely home. He goes to the track way more than I do that is for sure.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree with you 100% and am looking forward to some drag race videos. I did not want my post to come across that I think the Mach-E is slow. It is a stupid fast car and probably Ford's second fastest productions car, I don't know. It just does not "feel" nearly as fast as the GT500 driving it. I can tell you one thing though, over 100 there won't be any contest. Even at 120 mph, you punch that throttle and the 500 will snap your neck back.

Terrance (Signature Wheels) has been wanting to race me in his GT500 when I got my GT/PE. Not sure when that will happen as we both travel a lot and are rarely home. He goes to the track way more than I do that is for sure.
Oh we are fully aware of the GTPE limitations at this point.

I think the secret on the street is to throw on the flashers by 70 mph and telling people you ā€œlet off.ā€

I am interested to hear more about how in comparison the GTPE throttle response is ā€œslow.ā€ If thatā€™s slow I want to know what fast feels like! Iā€™ve driven my fair share of fast cars (supercharged v8s and the like) and nothing was as instantaneous as a BEV. So that Gt500 must be insane!

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh we are fully aware of the GTPE limitations at this point.

I think the secret on the street is to throw on the flashers by 70 mph and telling people you ā€œlet off.ā€

I am interested to hear more about how in comparison the GTPE throttle response is ā€œslow.ā€ If thatā€™s slow I want to know what fast feels like! Iā€™ve driven my fair share of fast cars (supercharged v8s and the like) and nothing was as instantaneous as a BEV. So that Gt500 must be insane!
Love the flasher remark. ? Too bad you werenā€™t closer Iā€™d let you drive the 500. I canā€™t describe it, you have to experience it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Love the flasher remark. ? Too bad you werenā€™t closer Iā€™d let you drive the 500. I canā€™t describe it, you have to experience it.
One day, one day I hope to drive one for sure!

Probably the closest Iā€™ve experienced were two Mustangs a friend owns.

Rode in his 2011 GT with an i-1 variable boost procharger (ran high 10s on full boost), but it was having issues so only on low boost mode.

Got to drive his 700 rwhp 03 Cobra with an F1 procharger. Throttle response was slow slow slowā€¦ā€¦..OMG!!!!! Made no boost below 4k rpm then was insane. Torque curve above that was a literal straight line up right to redline. Just makes more power the higher the rpm.

And the GTPE would beat both to 60 on the street. ?

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I own a 2010 GT500 which is mildly modified. It makes 565 rear wheel horsepower on a chassis dyno. I can tell you that as soon as it can hook up, it would leave my Mach E GT for dead. The problem is traction. On the street, unless its pretty hot outside, it will spin the tires pretty hard even in second gear. I guess I need better tires ;) Mark's newer GT500 would be even faster, obviously.

The Mach E GT would KILL my GT500 from a stoplight due to the above issue. Roll race would be no contest though.

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I mostly care about the street race. I wonā€™t be going to the track so real world driving is most important to me.
That said, I want to see the GTPE race in all 3, drag, track, street again the list mentioned above. I am surprised we havenā€™t seen much. These guys show the only race so far.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
The videos are coming. Just look away when Edmunds runs the GTPE against their Model YP, after 70-75 thatā€™s gonna look pretty neutered. I think their C8 will spank it hard as well, even from a dig.

I canā€™t wait til a PE challenges me to a quick roll-on but from a dig Iā€™m finished.

OP
OP

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
The videos are coming. Just look away when Edmunds runs the GTPE against their Model YP, after 70-75 thatā€™s gonna look pretty neutered. I think their C8 will spank it hard as well, even from a dig.

I canā€™t wait til a PE challenges me to a quick roll-on but from a dig Iā€™m finished.
I think your correct but I only care about the 0-70 or so. Should be entertaining either way. It is what it isā€¦ for now. I just want to see it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think your correct but I only care about the 0-70 or so. Should be entertaining either way. It is what it isā€¦ for now. I just want to see it.
Same. And thanks for posting that one video. I forgot we saw that one. At least itā€™s a start.

No clue how they got a 6 second 0-60 on full charge after just a few runs with plenty of cool down in between.

Iā€™d like to say ā€œit happens to everyone,ā€ but luckily I havenā€™t had that kind of performance anxiety.

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag

I haven't raced my 500 against a MME GT, (mine or any others) but I can expound on what Mark is stating.

From 60-100 my MME GT took nearly 9 seconds. My 500 takes less than 6 seconds to go from 60-130.

With only 3 runs at a track with my MME GT my best is only a 12.6 @ 101. With only 1 run my 500 is a 10.89 @ 129. I made sure to make all of the runs in both cars just as they would be on the street on purpose so that I could gauge progress. I didn't mess with any of the tire pressures, remove anything from the interior or do any extended cooldown breaks. Admittedly my 500 is about 200 whp more than stock at this point. I tried roll racing in the 500 yesterday for the first time and lost traction in each of my 3 runs. I'm using Toyo R888Rs on the back of the car and it still wouldn't stick; probably because I was at 35 psi. Regardless, I ran a best of 133 mph, (in 10.06 seconds). I have videos on Facebook, but I'm not sure how to upload them here---or if anyone would even care to see them.

My 500 has been tuned and is on E85, so it drives differently from stock. My MME GT has better throttle response unless I open up the 500. It also feels lighter unless I'm trying to drive the 500 aggressively. I'm pretty sure my 500 can touch the 9's as is, (with proper tires and prep). I'm also one of the many that hopes Ford addresses the performance in the upcoming OTA.

As is, mindlessly driving to and from work on the street I prefer to drive the MME GT as it's silent, (500 is far from anyone's idea of even being called quiet). It's also easier to drive in traffic and gets far less unwanted attention, (from everyone wanting to race or drive stupidly).
Sponsored